main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX I lost on Jeopardy! Baby...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Jarvis, May 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    If you didn't know, one of my dreams is to be on Jeopardy!. So I applied a few weeks ago and went to the Dallas try outs today. I didnt tell too many people so as not to jinx myself.

As the title of the thread states, I didn't qualify. :_|

They had a 50 question test that you had to get 35 of right. They had Alex read the questions on a video just like the show, and you had to fill in a blank with the answer. Thankfully you didnt have to answer in the form of a question, just put the answer down. I new it would be tough, but when I couldnt fill in 3 out of the first 5 answers I knew I was in trouble. It turns out that the questions came around mostly to ones I knew the answer to and I ended up with only leaving 5 blank total. So I could only miss 10 more out of 45 questions. My count must have been close because I only guessed on about that many and I ended up knowing at least half the answers. But obviously it wasn't enough. :(

In fact only 5 out of the 80 - 90 people who took the test with me made the qualification and 2 of those 5 were sitting next to each other. (Hmmmmm, I wonder) ;)

I'll try again next time they come around (it seems to take them forever to get here) and will still keep watching every day till I get a job (again).

"You win nothing! Your a complete loser!" Don Pardo.

:cool:

2. BigJerk

BigJerk Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2001
    What exactly were the questions about?

3. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    They were from every catagory. And they were all different.

SOme of the questions I missed were about a poet, balet, and opera.

And this one, This Verpine animal is also called a Skulk.

It was fun, and if only a few questions would have fallen my way I think I would have moved on to the mock game round.

4. BigJerk

BigJerk Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2001
    Keep trying, man.

5. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I'm sorry Jedi_Jarvis. :( You'll do better next time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.