main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY I love anime. You should too. (-Official Social Thread-)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by WebsJedi, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    The Trogdor game rules! It's so much fun to burn stuff. ;)

*pulls on her Marzipan shirt and runs around*

2. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Burninating the countryside
    Burninating the peasants
    Burninating all the peoples

And smashing COTTAGES!
    smashing COTTAGES!!!

TROGDOOOOOOR!!! TROGDOOOOOOR!!! and then the dragon comes in the NIIIIIIIGHT!

*listens to strong bad sings cd*

3. Padawan_Drogon

Padawan_Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    Do Do do do Do Do do do Do Do do do (twilight zone theme)

4. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002

You're weird.

[image=http://www.durbnpoisn.com/images/faces/pot-kettle.gif]

5. Ancient_Guardian

Ancient_Guardian Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    ummmm...is it ok to be lost?...i have no clue what your talking about?....some thing about the twilight zone and a pot?

6. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    I called Drogon weird for doing the Twilight Zone theme while we were doing Homestar Runner. The phrase that is implied by the graphic is: "That's like the pot calling the kettle black." Hence, a pot telling a kettle, "You're black."

7. DarkjediAssasin

DarkjediAssasin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2003
    hey! i just got accepted to Buffalo State College! it is my first choice college and thats where I'm gonna go for college. yay for me!

8. Matrix-Jedi

Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    Hey, anyone have a good picture of the Old Republic/Jedi Order insignia anywhere?

-K

9. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    Congrats DJA

10. Matrix-Jedi

Oct 19, 2003
    I hate Valentine's Day. That is all.

-K

11. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    At elast we haven't succumbed to an idiotic color scheme. FanFilms is disaster.

E1PPM X 2

12. Matrix-Jedi

Oct 19, 2003
    LOOK AT MY ICON!!!!!!!! Yeah baby yeah! I'm glad someone up there in admin land put the manga stuff in there :D.

-K

13. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    I noticed that, MJ. Very Funkeh :D

The theme scares me...watto as cupid? *shudders*

14. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    I added to my siggy after watching Robin Williams Live on Broadway.

15. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Tony Blair: "We will not be intimidated while our civilization is under attack from these henious crimes."

Bush: "Shoot, I can't even spell that."

16. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    New icon :)

Dangit I want a gizka one ;D

17. Matrix-Jedi

Oct 19, 2003
    http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2004/02/news20040220b.html

How fun would this be?

-K

18. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Ryan and I were able to attend a Star Wars weekend last year (funds are not going to permit for this year though :( ) and I was lucky enough to stumble upon one in 1997 when I was down in Florida for spring training with the softball team.

It's a lot of fun but the parade with the characters and celebs is about two minuts long (I kid you not) and most of the activities are for kids....which are fun to watch. We weren't able to get into it, because we missed out on the tickets, but the SW Galactic Millionare was pretty commical I heard. To get autographs you have to get wrist bands and all that but it was a good time.

I'm bumming because I was had an internship at Disney during the summer of 2000. It was a lot of fun and a great experience, plus I worked near Star Tours....so I'd see Chewbacca every so often :D . It'd be a fun place to go back and work but I'd want a different job this time. I wish I were closer too because they're doing audtions for the Star Wars characters that will be at the park during SW Weekends. While I was there before I did 'face character' audtions so I know what to expect...and they're brutal! Fur character audtions (like Tigger, Mickey, etc) are fun to do and not quite as rough as face characters. BUT it would be fun to do...eventhough I've seen a lot of costumes that are better than what Disney suits their SW characters up in.

Okay, now that I've bored everyone with my babbling...I'll depart. ;)

19. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    You're not boring me... oh, please, tell me more...

*ahem* I mean... that'd be cool!

20. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    More you say? I do have an interesting story....and Ryan can confirm I'm not making this up.

*** One Friday in May, at Star Wars weekends in Florida, I happened to catch a woman out of the corner of my eye. Her skin was rather pale against the bright morning sun and she stood to be about five foot five.

Dark brown hair cascaded down her back, a bit tangled from wind. On the top of her head, braids sat, were pinned tightly to it.

Her cloths was black. From the cloak the billowed down around her to the clothing underneath. And on one hand, she wore a black leather glove.

Tucked under one arm was a Star Wars micro machine set (we came to find out sometime later that she had many others). This woman waited to have her toy autographed.

A light breeze came upon us and a bright flash brushed across my face. Upon further inspection, I realized the flash was from metal. The wind had blown her cloak back and the sun had hit a saber that was attached to a belt on her waist. This woman was clearly dressed as some sort of jedi.

Taking in everything around her, she was willing to talk to everyone and tell them her story. (As a side note, I think some of the characters Disney hired to wear Star Wars costumes, she actually thought were the real characters.)

Proudly, she would display her license for everyone to see. Upon this rectangle of laminated paper, the name: Leia Amidala Skyalker gleamed. You could almost see her grow taller as she held it up, proudly displaying who she was. Legally. ***

Okay, I'll stop now. :p Sorry, bored at work. I'm serious though, she had her name legally changed and followed the SW actors and costumed SW characters hired by Disney around the park all day. She told EVERYONE who she was...it was a riot! I think she was nice enough, but she seemed a bit spacy too. Maybe it was the Florida sun that day. ;)

21. Matrix-Jedi

Oct 19, 2003
    Woah. And I thought I was a bit of a SW nut. That one takes the proverbial cake.

-K

22. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Boy, you sure do have a way of telling a story. 8-}

23. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Wow. You know, I wouldn't change my name legally, but maybe a fake ID for Darth Arjuna... I've contemplated asking my manager for a nametag like that when I'm costumed at work for some reason.

24. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    Ok I need everybodies help.

I am making new Chapter ID's and name tags. We talked about this before Xmas so I am now getting onto it. Name tags and ID's will have your name, DOB (day and month only) when you joined the forums and any other jobs that you have within the club and also your club/ screen name.

It will also have a picture of you on the ID/tag. If you have any pictures of yourself that you want to have on these please email them to me. The pictures can either be head and shoulders or full shot of you in costume, it's up to you. I also need any Star Wars logo's and images that you have that might be good for these ID's/Tags. I already have the first draft and with your help I will have a couple more sugestions for you by St Paddy's day.

25. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    About how big are they going to be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.