Syra, NY I love anime. You should too. (-Official Social Thread-)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by WebsJedi, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    So I'm going dowqn this hill or w/e on my mountainbike. There's this trench, and there's people in front of it. I could choose to:

-Hit people AND trench
    -Hit trench

I hit the trench, flipped over the handlebars, and landed on my hips and left side, bike on top of me. For the first five or so second I was fine, till I tried to get up.

You coulda heard me screaming a mile away....

Anyway, the front wheel was all bent up. Bob ran and got Mr Oliver, then the Nurse and told the principal to call 911 and my parents, casue they tried putting me on my back 2 times and failed. The emergency squad came over and put me on this rock solid board. I was shaking pretty bad, twitching and sreaming and crying and convulging. It was realy bad, I thought I'd broken something.

So I get in the ambulance and then give me an IV and some pain meds, take my temperature, heart rate, etc. I was fine then, nothing hurt.

Then I had to be moved around a bit, and eventually I was able to be rolled on my back. But I was on the board for around four hours, FREAK it hurt!

So they took some x-rays and nothing's broken. I'm very bruised up and have a few pulled muscles in my hip, and I'm useing crutches.

I have today off of school. yey.
  2. Drogon Jedi Knight

star 1
    What a dork. Actually, she had me worried for a while there yesterday. She failed to mention it happened in gym class, although you could probably figure it out. She needs to learn how to spell better. Besides the obvious typos, she can't even spell Yay!
  3. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, I'm spelling it the way I say it. 'yey!' not 'yay!'

Yeah. When Dad heard I fell off a mountain bike he was thinking a dirtbike, the kind you need a liscence/permit to drive, that's electric. He thought I'd busted my skull or neck.

But nah, it was 'only' my hip and a scraped shin. So I'm alright.

No marching band for a week though, woo! And I'm glad this happened after saturday ;)
  4. Ancient_Guardian Jedi Knight

star 1
    HEY GUYS,
    I AM SO EXITED, last week i bought tickets for the midnight showing of starwars ep.3, last saterday though my brothers friend from work, won 5 ticketts to the preshowing at 7:00 tomarrow, he and his girl freind where going(their major srarwars fans) and gave the other three tickets to my bros and me(techncualy to my two older bros my younger bro and i had to duke it out for the finnal one)but as if that wasnt enough,yesterday (monday) a girl in my earth sience class sead he dad had won 5 tickets as well to a showing tonight at 9:30 asking if i could buy one she sead yeah since she only hade one sibling and her parents where going, so i bought the extra for $25.00!, so im going to see the movie tonight!!!!,

only prob. its after crew practice, wich gets out at 7 so to night im probily not going to get a good seat, tomarrow though my older brother is picking my brother chuck and i up from school, and where heading right over to carosel to stand in line, after we get out of that showing where hoping right back in line for the midnight one!!, and after that(if teh theater is still opean( i know it probily isnt) im buying tickets for friday afternoon to go see it with a group of my friendsfrom school and and agean fore a showing on sun day after church with my friend trever... and now im currently looking at going to see it agean with my friend mike and jake from crew, next week tuesday!.... im so exited about all of this, i just hope i dont get sick of watching it! it will be so cool
  5. Ancient_Guardian Jedi Knight

star 1
    oh yeah and i forgot, my crew team whent to the state championship last weekend, and we placed forth in the finnals, loosing 3rd place by 7 seconds, and we are currently the 4th fastest boat in NY state with a time of 5:04 for 1,500M(thats prity fast)(faster then most jouinor varsity bouts atleast)
  6. Ancient_Guardian Jedi Knight

star 1
    hey guys, all i can say was THE MOVIE WAS AMAZING!!!!!!! and i cant wait to see it agean tonight!

but i kinda wish i could of found a seat. like i sad i got their late because of crew, and the line was so long!... but i got a seat half way throw the movie, a guy got up and i ran to his seat, since he could't remeber where it was he just stood at the back of the theater... i know, i know it was eavil, but standing was really starting to kill after a hour. so today though im getting their sooo much earlyer! that it wolnt be a prob
  7. Matrix-Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Wait a sec, where/how did you see the film a day early?!?

-K
  8. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm so excited. Our angelfish spawned on sunday night.

Most of the eggs were white, but there WERE some clear ones-which means we have a fertile pair, and not two lesbian fish that made eggs because one decided to act as a male (don't ask...)

So we figure we can let the first group of fry (baby angelfish) get raised by the parents. The parents were fanning the eggs, eating the dead ones, and chasing away any fish that got near. They're being good mommy and daddy fish, for first time spawners. We're feeding them extra to keep them from eating the healthy eggs, too.

We're not sure what to do about the fry, though, assumeing any live.

here's some pics:

http://www.petridish.net/albumview.asp?a=20842

The gold one is what we THINK is the male. As you can see, most eggs are white (not sure if you can see the clear ones)

This really is pretty exciting. If the parents eat the first group, which we can hope they don't, we're thinking of getting another tank to raise the fry in after this.

If they don't eat the first group but the first group starves, we'll buy shrimp eggs for the fry, like most suggest; not all angelparents will feed the young.

If the parents don't eat them and the fry don't starve, we have a very valuble pair of angels who chew food and spit it for their young, take care of their young, and will raise healthy fishies. Not that we'd sell them at all, but it's cool.

Now, here's the amazing part.

Originally, we only had around 20 healthy eggs. Some of these got eaten, while others died later, and others still got overrun by mold from teh dead, unfertilized eggs.

HOWEVER! We have at least 5 fry as of this typing Five healthy little angelfish! They're so teenie, only about a milieter and a half (max) long. I fed the parents as soon as I realised, congratulated them on being such good mommy and daddy fish, and tried to count them (you ever tried counting nearly invisible stuff a milimeter long?) And I got 4 once and 5 another. Yay, I'm like, a mommy now! ;)
  9. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    That's amazing!! baby animals are always amazing. I was lucky enough to witness my guinea pig giving birth a few years ago, so I know how you feel about your fish.
  10. Matrix-Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
  11. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, karl, exactely. Mommy and daddy fish pulled a jaws :p

But they're due to spawn again within the next few days so we'll see what happens. If they spawn again maybe we'll get another tank and plop ye olde eggs in there.
  12. Drogon Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey, can we get rid of the 'Sun is shining in Syracuse, Yay!' moniker now? After 94 degrees I'm looking for some clouds. :cool:
  13. DarthArjuna Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Actually, we can just change it from, "Can u believe it? The sun is shining in Syracuse!!!! YAY !!!!" to "Can u believe it? The sun is shining in Syracuse!!!! BOO !!!!"
  14. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    it always amazes me how people complain about the snow 6 months out of the year then we have warm weather for such a short time and people still complain its toooo hot. LOL......

I love this kind of weather bring it on!!!!!!
  15. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Give me back my snow, durn it >:
  16. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Stop it!!! ;)

We just bought a house with a pool... let me enjoy the pool for a little bit before it snows LOL :)

Today is Flag day BTW...... Happy Flag Day!!!!!
    [face_flag]
  17. Matrix-Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Gimme snow. Or at least the fall. Teaching in a swealtering 100 degree room is no fun. But today was my last day of teaching, so that was nice.

-K
  18. Drogon Jedi Knight

star 1
    I still have to work.
  19. Drogon Jedi Knight

star 1
    Interesting how the conversations run. A girl at work was saying how she likes it about 85 degrees. I said that's about the temperature I stay inside with the air conditioning and won't go out. I prefer 70-75 and I think 60-65 would even be better than 85.

We have a pool too, but I have to admit I don't go in it much. This is fancier than the one at our old house, but the old one was bigger. I like lots of room. (Of course now I just have to wait and see what insulting comments my children will have to say to that - in jest of course)
  20. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
  21. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5

shut up Karl... u stink ;)

*sighs*

some of us have to work all year round ;)

What r your plans for this summer since you have so much time off ? :)

U are always welcome to come and pack/unpack my house :D

Remember we have a summer picnic to plan.... YAY!!!!

22. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    So I'm not the only crazy person who likes snow better than summer. I'm just glad it cooled down to a nice 11 C here last night (that's 52 F). Too bad I was at work while it was that temperature!!!!! :mad:

BTW, even though it takes up tons of space, I like the new format section when posting replies. Makes it easier to look up the faces and the markup codes.
  23. Matrix-Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Hey! Keep your strange units of temperature out of here! Crazy Canadians....

Dunno when I'll be back up to Syracuse next. I'll be up there eventually, just not sure when...

-K
  24. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Strange units of temperature? You guys are the ones who refuse to use metric, even though pretty much the whole world, except maybe England, uses it. I think even Star Trek uses metric.
  25. Drogon Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hard to argue with that, but I just don't think it would feel right to say, "Wow its really hot today. It must be 38 degrees out there!!!"

(38 degrees centigrade is 100 degrees fahrenheit)
    (likewise, 38 degrees fahrenheit is 3 degrees centigrade)

I could actually agree with using metric for volume though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.