I love anime. You should too. (-Official Social Thread-)

Discussion in 'Syracuse, NY' started by WebsJedi, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ancient_Guardian Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey im going to see MaTriX REv. to night at 10:30!!!!!!! any one els going to day?
  2. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    We're seeing it friday, me with my drama group :)
  3. DarthArjuna Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sure, ignore my well-written post ;)
  4. Ancient_Guardian Jedi Knight

star 1
    OMG , the matrix rev sucked it was horribule....i woulnt tell you about it but the movie was so cool untill the last 30min, the brothers are idiots they srude it up with the last 30 min.... my dad,bros. and i SOOOOOOOO disapointed , all because of the end!!!!!!! :_|
  5. Matrix-Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Ah young padawan, do not judge a movie like Revolution without looking at the deeper side of things. I'll put a ***SPOILERS*** warning here and highlighted this stuff black so you'll just need to highlight to see it.

Begin ***SPOILERS***
    Was there truly any other way to end the movie? The machines were too entrenched and had about 600-1000 years of evolution behind them to just roll over. Plus, one must look at the fact that this was the first peace in about 600 years. The machines and humans had lived in peaceful co-existence before, so there was the possibility to do so again.
    Some people may see the ending as trivial and no resolving anything, but it has given the humans a toe-hold. Yes, the Matrix was still running, but you couldn't just unplug billions of people at once. Most would have died from the shock alone. Besides, the Archetect had given his word he would let those people who wanted out of the Matrix into the real world. It may not seem like much, but by Revolutions, the humans had freed more mind in six months then in the last six years. More and more humans would want out, it is only a matter of time before they are all free.
    As to Neo and Trinity both dying, one must realise, this had to happen. Neo fits the archtype of tragic hero. He was blinded, but he could trully "see." (take a look at the legend of the Fisher King, or even King Arthur). Trinity and Neo knew they weren't coming back, but they made a choice, and their choice saved Zion and about 250,000 humans. They both had hope. Hope in a better world beyond them.
    I could go on, you hopefully you get the general idea. Overall, the ending was just as it should be. There are no true answers, just choices. The Matrix Trilogy was never ment to be utopian, just hopefull. Sometimes, hope falls short, but at other times it is what keeps us as humans going.

***END SPOILERS***

And I'm spent.

-K
  6. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    man........I havent seen it yet.....sooo tempting to highlight and read LOL ;)
  7. Ancient_Guardian Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dont read les you have sean matrix rev.
    ***SPOILERS***
    NO no no , its the end with neo and trinity, and i think they sould have bin abel to live , and be together for the rest of their lives, and that neo souldnt have gon blind if he was going to die...and i think neo is still alive becuz his body was still in side the matrix when the meaceans unpluged him, and the orical sead to the sorce

Sorce:will your neo return to you?

Orical: when we nead him to..., he will!

wich ment he dint died, and his body was in that hole when the smiths died!...so i think he lived, and the brothers left ...not a window but a whole sky to come back to and make a 4th one to, i woched a intervew with Keanu Reeves about 3-6 months ago, and he sead he hade brought the idea up to the brother and he whanted to do4-5-or even a 6th!!!!movie, but the brothers sead were not going past REv. ules the rev fails, and people dont like it or we nead to explain more!

so i sill have hope that Neo is alive, and that their are more movies to come....that is one of the only things my friends and i agree on!....so i think their will be more!...o yea, hear is a time line i got of the web site as you can see the war was only 200 years long

***END SPOILERS***

Time line... Ceation of AI -To- End oF Reloded

Timeline: When Is 'The Matrix'?
    Nov 4, 2:17 PM EST
    Associated Press
    What is the Matrix?
    That's an old question, as the final film of the trilogy, "Matrix Revolutions," hits theaters. The real head-scratcher is:
    When is the Matrix?
    Using background culled from the three "Matrix" movies and "Animatrix" shorts, The Associated Press compiled an estimated timeline of the war between men and machines:
    2010-60 ? Humans create humanoid drone robots with Artificial Intelligence to fill jobs as construction laborers and servants.
    2069 ? The hovercraft transport ship Nebuchadnezzar, later to be captained by Morpheus, is constructed in the United States.
    2075 ? AI programs evolve and some robots began to resent their human overlords.
    2077 ? In the first case of a machine rising up against its owners, the butler robot B166ER slaughters two humans, leading to B166ER's eradication and a backlash against robots and artificial intelligence.
    2080-85 ? Rioting and violence against machines prompts robots to flee major cities and establish their own community ? known as Zero One ? in a remote part of the Middle East.
    2085-2095? Zero One thrives, creating superior vehicles, computers and weaponry and decimating the economies of many human nations, which now lack the machine-based labor that made them strong.
    2096? United Nations officials refuse to accept the robot civilization of Zero One as a sovereign nation. A trade blockade of robot goods leads to war.
    2097 ? Zero One survives a nuclear attack ? its inhabitants are impervious to the heat and radiation and casualties are quickly replaced. Counterstrikes launched against humans.
    2098 ? As cities fall beneath the might of mechanized forces, desperate military leaders attempt to block the main source of energy for the robot city: the sun. The plan destroys the atmosphere and fills the sky with choking black smoke ? but does not stop the machines.
    2099 ? Machine forces overtake human armies and capture survivors and civilians for experimentation, determining that human bio-electricity can be harnessed to replace the sun's energy.
    2100 ? Machines create the Matrix, a dream-like world set in 1999, to extend the lives of the comatose human batteries.
    2105 ? The first human known as The One, locked in bondage inside the Matrix, learns he can manipulate the world through thought and manages to break free. Seeks sanctuary in the underground human stronghold of Zion.
    2105-2150 ? Zion resistance movement created, although The One later dies under unexplained circumstances.
    2161 ? Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) born in a Matrix womb; freed in childhood.
    2167 ? Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss) born in a Matrix womb; freed in early childhood.
    2175 ? The Oracle prophesize
  8. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    UGH how do you make the stuff black? Stupid forums...can't use normal coding.....
  9. Matrix-Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Just go under the markup codes and look for highlighting. It gives yellow as an axample, but all you need to do is put black in there instead of yellow.

-K
  10. DarthArjuna Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I generally liked it. I only had one major beef...

*SPOILERS!*

The end battle. If Smith was going to take Neo, why not do so right at the start, especially if Neo know what was to happen? Also, with the overall shot being dark, but impossible frequent lightning strikes, I found myself blinking about 100 times a minute. It's like watching fast movement under a strobe light- headaches can form after a while.

Also didn't like the new Oracle. Explainable, but I still didn't like her. "But I still have candy."

spoilers hidden by strawbary's request
  11. Matrix-Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Blacken that out man =p.

-K
  12. Ancient_Guardian Jedi Knight

star 1
    hey arjuna....

***SPOILERS***

the resion that Neo let smith take him over now is because Neo was contected to the sorce.....and the resion smith was still alive is because be refused to return to the source....so neo could have stoped smith, from takeing hime over...but like the orical sed "Every thing that has a beginning has an end"...so smiths beginnig was with the source...so neo let smith take him over, and bam..smith died becuse his data whent back to the sorce through Neo's body(hence the wight light comeing from Neo's real mouth)...and sadly so did Neo's cod with smiths return to the sorce...but the thing is the sorce can bring back Neo by giving him his data/cod back!...

wich is were the brothers would start off if they made more movie's (wich they have thought of!!!! Joy! i would really be happy if they did)

***END SPOILERS***

sorry black markup got boring....so GREEN...
    Ma ha ha ha ha....lol(sorry hade to wright that)
  13. DarthArjuna Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If I put s SPOILER warning, just don't look at the rest of the post ;)

But my point is, if that was going to happen anyways, why fight first ten minutes?
  14. Padawan_Drogon Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh, come on, Arjuna. You can figure this out. **Spoiler**Its obvious to say he could have just given in at the start, but think about if you were in his position. Neo could easily have felt he could defeat Smith. If he could defeat him outright, then he wouldn't have had to sacrifice himself to defeat him and save the world. He had nothing to lose. If he wins, he is himself. If he loses, he saves mankind.

OK, so its not good bolding. It serves the purpose.
  15. DarthArjuna Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sure, he defeats one Smith. Then he has another. And another. ad infinitum...
  16. Padawan_Drogon Jedi Knight

star 1
    If he defeats THE Smith though, maybe he defeats them all. Anyways, we all try to hold on to hope, regardless of how thin a thread it is.

possible spoilers hidden by strawbary's request
  17. Ancient_Guardian Jedi Knight

star 1
    NO no no....the resion smith died is because his code whent back to the sorce throw Neo's body...Read my other post
  18. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Gurus...I will never understand em...

Well, ok, some gurus I get.....maybe it's geeks I don't understand ;)
  19. Padawan_Drogon Jedi Knight

star 1
    I understand, Ancient. But remember, Neo isn't just a hero. He's human. Natural human instincts (especially male) are that if you beat someone in a fight you win. It was worth a try for Neo, even if hope was slim and he expected to have to make the ultimate sacrifice.

After all, because its a 'virtual' world, real world laws need not apply. If Neo made the Smith program believe it had been defeated, it might die, just as those connected to the matrix died even though their bodies were sitting comfortably in a chair someplace.

spoilers hidden by strawbary's request
  20. DarthArjuna Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ancient, you're missing my point... I know why Smith died, but if that was going to hapen anyways, why would Neo fight it? If Smith would be defeated by becoming a part of Neo, then returning to the Source, then why doesn't Neo let him do that in the forst place?
  21. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Due to the amount of matrix spoilers in here I suggest someone start a Matrix thread with a spoilers warning on it ;)
    This way we can continue our social thread without people being poiled who havent seen the matrix yet ;)
    Tankies :)
  22. Padawan_Drogon Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hee hee. I got the impression everyone had seen it, lol.
  23. Karate-Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Not me yet. Everytime I plan to go and see ity something comes up
  24. DarthArjuna Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hee hee. I got the impression everyone had seen it, lol.

You know, that really scares me coming from a 40+ year old man.
  25. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    the 'hee hee' or the 'lol' or both?

What scares me is that 'lol' is a word. I say it often. My freinds say it. Very weird. Creepy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.