main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY I love anime. You should too. (-Official Social Thread-)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by WebsJedi, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    I saw Beauty and the Beast the other day in NYC. On Broadway. With a bunch of kids from the Band.

It was hillarious (and it was supposed to be) whch shocked everyone. We were supposed to go see 'The Lion King' in April, but because of my teachers maternity leave at that point in time, we had to see Beauty and the Beast on wednesday.

We had to get up at 5 and returned about 10:15...bus ride so annoying...here's what I did:

We left at about 6:30. On the way there we watched Shrek and Billy Madison, the latter of which I would never care to see again (to put it nicely). I sat with a freind and we said and did all sorts of stuff that's only funny when you're sleep deprived or in need of a laugh, which we were...5 hours on a bus...oi...well, we did have a rest stop. At a REALLY nice McDonalds...we didn't stick to the floor, and they had motion sensored everything! If you ever go to Albany, stop and visit all the McDonalds in the area ;)

We got there at about 11:30, and we still had a while before we were expected at Planet Hollywood for lunch. We stopped by the 9/11 site and was there for a while. We traveled around the area and could see the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty, though not real well-darned fog/smog.

At about 12:00-12:30 (lost track of time) we went into Planet Hollywood and ate. I had a burger with fries and a brownie.....mmmm......burger....they had very good fries :) I bought a 'Planet Hollywood' long sleeve T-Shirt.

We walked to the theater about a half an hour before the show started. On the way there, (much to many's delight and disgust) we saw 'The Naked Cowboy' from MTV (If you don't know, don't ask, because I'm still not sure about it (He wasn't actually naked)) And, NYC being NYC, a few of us had to deal with some guy asking to buy tickets, and another one asking for change.

The show started, and it was great. I had the perfect seat-middle seat, middle row. It was so funny, I nearly died of laughter a few times. During the intermission I bought a CD of all the music from it. Listened to it last night :)

After the show, we all hopped back on the bus (say about 5:00) and drove off. We saw the line underneath the river that said "New Jersey||New York". Lemme tell you-New Jersey had a REALLY BAD stank! I nearly passed out-I thought NYC was bad at first, but it was like dead fish covered in oil and toe fungus (thank my freind I sat with for the description) We stopped twice on the way back, once for food and once for the bathrooms. We saw Dumb and Dumber and Dr. Doolittle 2, and once again, could have lived without Dumb and Dumber :p You know we had Monty Python and the Holy Grail but she didn't let us watch it? ARG!!!!! Oh, the agony.

And of course, you know, Mrs. Carter being who she is-she made us sign a form that said we wouldn't skip school today because we were tired :'( I am SOOOOOOOO tired!!!!! Darn those who think ahead.

Well, thats all I can think of. Hmm...well, if I remember any more I will tell ya :)

2. DarkjediAssasin

DarkjediAssasin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2003
    hey, that sounds like fun!!! jk.

guess what? next week, i'm going to NYC too. I'm there for 1 full day (plus part of both days surrounding that day) I leave on the 19 and get back on the 21. well...i'll tell you what happens after i go.

-Adam

3. Matrix-Jedi

Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    NYC rules. The MET rocks. The Egyptian stuff is quite nifty. But whatever you do, don't miss your exit, or you might end up in the Bronx at 9pm.....
    Plus, (when you're old enough) you get to go to some amazing clubs and groove to the techno beats till you have to take the train home. You just have to watch out for the crazy people twirling glowsticks. Those things leave welts.

-K

4. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    *does The Cheat dance* The system is down....the system is down....*twirls glowstick*

I'd only been there once before. When I was just a wee little squirt :D

5. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    HI all,

We are going to need a new scrolling message for our forum. Can anyone think of one?

6. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Something to do with all the snow we just got, probably.

"Thanksgiving? Why? We just got God's gazillion buckets of snow dumped on us!" ;)

7. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    lol. Snow...mmmm.....snow....;)

I love snow. It cancels school...well, it should, but oh no! Our school wouldn't close if it blew up. Stupid superintendant. *mutters incoherently*

Happy Holidays from Hoth ;)

8. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    YES! No, wait... that's be the North Ridge group. Darn them I say, darn them!

Maybe, "Happy Holidays from Rakata!" Rakata= "Unknown World" from Knights of the Old Republic. Tropical planet, many islands, relatively little land mass. That's how Christmas should be.

9. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Happy Holidays from...hmm...Well, there's always "Happy Holidays from Kimono"...it ain't snow but it's some form of precipitation ;)

Hmm...I KNOW there's a pun about Endor here somewhere, I just gotta find it....

10. DarkjediAssasin

DarkjediAssasin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2003
    here's one: "Happy Holidays from the coldest place south of the Canadian boarder"

yes, it is a bit lengthy but i think it's funny

11. Padawan_Drogon

Padawan_Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    How about this?

"Beware the snow. It hides the wampa!"

Oh yeah. Its supposed to be a greeting. OK, here's a lame one:

"Welcome to Salt City Jedi! No turkeys here!"

12. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    We don't wanna lie to everyone, Drogon ;)

13. Matrix-Jedi

Oct 19, 2003
    How about:

-"Happy Holidays from your wampa loving SSJ!" (Kinda like this one.)
    -'Happy Holidays from the SSJ! You bring the cocoa, we'll bring the wampas!" (I really like this one.)
    -"Syracuse: it isn't Hoth, but it's close. Happy Holidays!"

I'll think of more later....

-K

14. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Yeah, I like the second one... except I'd abbreviate it "SCJ" ;)

15. Matrix-Jedi

Oct 19, 2003
    SS! Salt Sithy! Bwaaa haaa haaa!

-K

16. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Tis the seaons :p

I like the second lol.

17. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Salt Sithy Jedi? o_O

18. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Umm...sure...whatevah you say ;)

19. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    RE: Recognized in the paper. The social studies class I'm in at school is Global Seminar, sponsored by Cornell University. VVS (my school) and two others, out of Philadelphia (or Pittsburg, I keep forgetting) and Chicago are the only three high schools in the world that are in the program. The other day, we had the first of many videoconferences, mostly a meet and greet. I was in the accompanying picture. Three people were: one person controlling a camera, on person in Penn. on one TV and me on another TV that was showing what our camera saw. Also, I was quoted when the topic turned to the discussion board we also run.

20. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    I was in the paper with 2 pictures due to a play that I was in in our school. Or, actually, 2 out of 5 short plays. Last year I was in the paper casue I won Best in Show at the VVS art festival. And in 4th grade, when teh TONY's were first released (the class of 07 is the first class to have taken them), a 3rd grade picture of my class was in the paper.

I'm so famous ;D

And I even have my own action figure! lol. Ok, so I don't. But at the halloween parade the group was at in liverpool we were talking with this girl and she pointed to me (in costume) and said she had my action figure. Well, I found that amusing :D

21. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Wow, interesting. Over in FanFilms, they were talking about the most serious pain they've ever experienced. So I replied with the following:

How about the most embarrasing pain? It actually wasn't that painful but it's the first bone I've ever broken in my body.

So we're sitting at the two wooden benches with way to many signatures on it that they call a Senior Lounge at school. There's about eight of us there. Someone says to Tim, one of my friends, "Hey, Tim, kick yourself in the forehead." So Tim takes of his glasses and kicks himself in the forhead. "That's nothing," I exclaim. So I take off my glasses, drop to a kung-fu pose, and, with a running start, kick myself in the forehead with the left side of my right shoe; therefore, no pain. I do this maybe five times before sitting down. Along comes Aaron, and having just heard what was going on, asks Tim to kick himself.

Now, the Senior Lounge is right near the Gymnasium, and near the end of the period, there's kids getting out and watching us. A cry went up from the crowd as Tim dutifully kicks himself. Not to be outdone, I get up and kickmyself with some force.

Too bad my ankle made accidental contact with my nose.

Result: Fractured nose. Immediately after school we went to the pediatrician. After waiting for at least a half hour, we went into a room and waited a couple minutes for the RN. She told me that she was glad she came in; "It was getting boring here." The doctor came in maybe 20 minutes later and sent me for X-rays. There wasn't much waiting to be done there; just moving from place to place. We spent maybe another half hour there. Now by the time we left, it was 4:30 or so (not exactly sure), and we went back to the pediatricians. They were closing, but they let us in because we were expected back. They also expected a call from a nose doctor, but he was in a procedure. We ended up waiting another half hour (or so) before my doctor sent me home with an antibiotic.

So I still have a disformed nose that's a little discolored and bulging right where my glasses sit.

But at least I got out of gym.

Project Apocalpyse Loves You!

E1PPM

22. Matrix-Jedi

Oct 19, 2003
    Sorry man, but all I have to say is this:

BWAAAA HAAA HAAAAA!

That'll learn you about kicking yourself in the head. Kids these days....

-K

23. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    I want to see him do it again. I think that would be a lot of fun.

24. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    The sad thing is, I probably will once my nose is healed.

25. Padawan_Drogon

Padawan_Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    All I've got to say is:

What a Dork!

He doesn't get that kind of intelligence from me. Ummm...no, what I mean is he doesn't get that lack of intelligence from me. Well, i did break my nose a couple of times, but it wasn't from kicking myself in the face. I was just a clod who fell down the stairs and ran into a wall in gym. Ummm...enough about me though. Back to Andrew...

HA HA HA!!!!

(slinks away quietly)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.