main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY I love anime. You should too. (-Official Social Thread-)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by WebsJedi, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ancient_Guardian

Ancient_Guardian Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    WOW........( to the kicking in the face thing)

hey i made Student councle President to day in my school...yeah!!!!!....two long month of campaining finnaly over!... :)

2. Padawan_Drogon

Padawan_Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    Hey, congrats Guardian. I AM impressed. That's pretty cool.

Gordon

3. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Hey, good job Guardian!

And I swear to god when I get my braces off, the first thing I will ever do is go to a movie and order popcorn smeared in butter, chew gum inbetween popcorn bites, and play my trumpet fanfares from noon till five. My lips are bleeding because of my stupid hardware! Man, having tinsle teeth has never been more annoying :/

4. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    Congrats Guardian.

Hay Raef, I know what you mean about being a metal mouth. I had one for 4 years back home. And you know what they say about English dentists. They are all ex Nazi's that love inflicting pain. In the end I smashed mine under foot, right in the dentists office because it was causing me that much pain. I hated that thing. But then again before I started to wear it my front teeth were parallel to the ground.

So it did do a lot of good.

Just tell me what movie you are going to watch and I will make sure I'm NOT there.....LOL

5. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Thank you for being so kind ;)

You know, they give us wax to protect ourselves from the braes, but there's one teensy problem....THE WAX MOVES!!! It doesn't get hard like it's supposed to, it doesn't do any good. In fact, all it does it block the spaces between my teeth, which makes it even harder to play.

I like my results-one of my teeth grew sideways and another was low-but that was all I wanted done. They fixed me up with a bite plate to make my teeth level, they're pulling my lower jaw forward, they're 'fixing the alignment of numbers 20-24' or somesuch, which I have no idea what THAT means. Y'know that saying, dont' eat what you can't pronounce? Don't get medical procedures you can't pronounce :p

6. Ancient_Guardian

Oct 25, 2003
    hey Reaf, im confused dint you have braces when i met you guys, in october?

7. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Yeah, I have em and I still have em. I meant that I like what they're doing for me, but I hate how much I have to give up. Lookign back on it, if I knew then what they'd be doing, I'd still do it, though grudgeingly :p

8. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    New icon!

The nutty droid from KOTOR. ^_^

9. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I have no idea what KOTOR is

10. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Knights of the Old Republic. A Star Wars game. The droid is 'evil' and is an assassin droid...no tha you knew that when you bought him. He calls you 'meatbag' a lot. :D

11. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    My favorite line of his is something to the effect of, "Stamement: My previous owner was destroyed in a most unexpected fashion. You might say that I indirectly assisted in his death, though to directly kill my master is strictly forbidden by my formatting.

"Clarification: Now, it seem that this meatbag was rather annoyed after he activated my assassination protocol, and he wanted me to stop. However, he did not know how to deactivate it.

"Resolution: The situation eventually came to an end when my owner was attempting to stab me repeatedly with a writing implement. He accidentally hit the core of my assassination programming, physically deleting it and sending an electric shock through him, thereby terminating my former master."

12. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    ...yes, he actually says 'clarification' and such. Because his voice is a robots and rather monotone, he says things like that.

:D

I love the little evil driod! Soooo cool!

13. Ancient_Guardian

Oct 25, 2003
    did you guys have to threaten the owner to get him?, i did, it was sooo anoying, i got full light side points and then i hade to treaten that aline to lower the price so i could buy him, and i lost a point.... sob...sob...

and i've never bine called meat bag by him?....

14. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Ask about his history. Eventually, it'll happen. And yes, I did threaten the owner. It's one of the only couple times I've gotten Dark Side points for that character. Another was getting the little astromech- I threatened to have Davik shut the place down because I had no money on me.

And now that I've finished the game (woot!) I'm playing through as a dark-side only character- complete with killing Juhani >)

15. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    I didn't kill Juhani casue I wanted her around ;)

As for the droid: Only reason I didn't threaten was becasue A, I had the money, and B, I wanted to continue to buy from him.

16. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Merry Christmas, Happy Channuka, Happy Kwanza, and whatever else :)

www.geocities.com/Raef_Wolfe/pictures/reindeer.jpg

We had to make a christmas or winter scene for art class and color it in photoshop, so I drew this, scanned it, and took it into photoshop. Took me about 2-2 1/2 weeks (40 minute periods) to finish the entire thing. But I'm quite happy with it :)

17. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Heh, cool new board set up with the christmas stuff :D

If you wanna hear a cool funky version of Deck The Halls, check this out:

http://www.kattywampus.com/music/DeckTheHalls-CBK.mp3

katty is on a board/forum i'm in, she's got both good art and music, lol.

18. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    *ahem* THINGS NOT TO DO WHILE WATCHING LOR DOF THE RINGS!

**Contains spoilers. Don't read if you haven't read the book and/or watched the movie.**

1. Stand up halfway through the movie and yell loudly, "Wait...where the hell is Harry Potter?"

2. Block the entrance to the theater while screaming, "YOU.....SHALL....NOT..... PASS!"

3. After the movie, say "Lucas could have done it better."

4. Play a drinking game where you have to take a sip every time someone says, "the Ring."

5. Point and laugh whenever someone dies.

6. Ask everyone around you if they think Gandalf went to Hogwarts.

7. Finish off every one of Elrond's lines with "Mis..ter Ander-sonnn."

8. When Aragorn is crowned king, stand up and at the top of your lungs sing, "And I did it.... MY way...!"

9. Talk like Gollum all through the movie. At the end, bite off someone's finger and fall down the stairs.

10. Dress up as old ladies and reenact "The Battle of Helms Deep," Monty Python style.

11. When Denethor lights the fire, shout "Barbecue!"

12. In TTT when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and shout, "RUN FOREST, RUN!"

13. Every time someone kills an Orc, yell: "That's what I'm Tolkien about!" See how long it takes before you get kicked out of the theatre.

14. During a wide shot of a battle, inquire, "Where's Waldo?"

15. Talk loudly about how you heard that there is a single frame of a nude Elf hidden somewhere in the movie.

16. Start an Orc sing-a-long.

17. Come to the premiere dressed as Frankenstein and wander around looking terribly confused.

18. When they go in the paths of the dead, wait for a tense moment and shout, "I see dead people!"

19. Imitate what you think a conversation between Gollum, Dobby and Yoda would be like.

20. Release a jar of daddy-long-legs (spiders) into the theater during the Shelob scene.

21. Wonder out loud if Aragorn is going to run for governor of California.

19. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Sorry to everyone for not being about over the xmas period. I have had the flu and have just started to get over it. Very nasty.

I would like to wish everyone a happy new year and I hope you all had a nice xmas.

20. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay, back to the anime line for a second:

Animatrix pwnz.

21. LilLadyVader

LilLadyVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2000
    I feel for you Ian...I was sick over Christmas myself! What a bummer of a time to be sick!

Happy New Year All! - C

22. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Wow! Lilladyvader surfaces! How the heck r ya?

Sorry to hear everyone was ill over the holidays......Glad everyone is better now :)

23. Matrix-Jedi

Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    *gasps from laughing so hard at that list* OMG, that was too, too, too funny!

With that said, I'll join the carrier monkey appology section and say I've been kinda sick too and I'll try to post more.

-K

24. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Hi Lilladyvader.

Nice to hear from you again. It was the worst Xmas I have ever had but I'm over it now and lookinf forward to what we will be doing in the new year.

See everyone real soon.

25. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Hi Lilladyvader,

Nice to hear from you again. It's been too long.

This xmas was not very nice but, I am looking forward to the new year and the crazy stuff we will be getting up to.

See ya all soon.

Ian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.