main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY I love anime. You should too. (-Official Social Thread-)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by WebsJedi, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    And congrats to you too DarthArjuna! :)

2. Matrix-Jedi

Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    Canton is the north country. Might cold up there in the winter. When you're in Canton, make sure you go to Sergies (sp?) Pizzaria. Buy a pizza roll (referred to as a "fat bag"), you'll love it. Sooooo tasty!

-K

3. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Fat bag? LOL that is funny.........

4. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    Congrats to both of you.

5. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Fat bag? *Thinks of a wisecrack, then thinks better of it.*

Wait, what's the name of that friggin' huge Twi-lek on the Republic Senate?

6. DarkjediAssasin

DarkjediAssasin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2003
    thank everyone!

Yea, Canton is way up north in the clarkson, potsdam area. In fact, my brother and my cousin is already going there (thats why its not my first choice). I've already been to sergies or whatever. i just had some normal pizza. Yes, it is very cold up there except its almost never cloudy. ^_^

7. Matrix-Jedi

Oct 19, 2003
    Yep, fat bag. The reason behind the term is that one pizza roll contains something like 3000 calories. Yeah, that's a lot of calories. Heh, but don't let Moma Sergie hear you calling it that, she gets offended.

-K

8. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Fat Bag= Stupid Fat Obi-Wan Originally came up in FanFilms... dipped if I can rember why...

9. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Argh...noo...andy, dang you, my eyes are now scarred!

Didn't dad get called obi wan once......?

LMAO!

10. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    Yep at the parade. But, it's better than beibg called. Chubby Wan Canoly

11. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    On the bus today (yes, I'm a senior in high school, don't have a car, and can't get a ride, so I take the bus), I heard "Stacy's Mom Has Got It Going On". I hate that song with a passion. So I figured, "How could I make this better?"

Padme, when she comes to watch Anakin training under his master:

"Obi-Wan has got it goin' on
    Even though I came to watch his padawan
    Anakin, you see, you're just not the guy for me
    I like his padawan
    But I'm in love with Obi-Wan!"

12. Ancient_Guardian

Ancient_Guardian Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    .... where do you get theis songs?

hey i have this posted in the prop thred but i won't every one to see it so hear it is....it's a drawing i drew today...and i sould have my light saber up on the pag soon too!

http://www.geocities.com/jedi_ancient_guardian/index.html?1075338247445

13. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    I wrote that one myself. And if you haven't heard the original, consider yourself to be among the priveleged few.

14. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    I love anime. I have been an Otaku since I was 5. A big Godzilla fan since 1980 or so. That's when I discovered Godzilla and other Toho Films. I cannot get enough of the stuff. Godzilla is 50 this year, on Nov. 13 I think it is. I am also into other live action stuff other than Kaiju or Monster movies. I become an anime fan back in 97/98 I think it was then a new friend of mine showed me a bunch of stuff and most importantly Ranma 1/2 which I love to death. I watched Voltron and stuff like that growing up but never really saw anything else besides the Sci Fi and Robot stuff. After my friend showed me a wide variety of action and comedy titles I decided to start experimenting at a local video rental place that has tons of Anime. I got into Shojo a lot. Yeah I like the girl stuff. I found that I like a lot of romantic and drama stuff besides the action and Comedies. Some of my favorites are, Maison Ikkoku, Video Girl AI, GTO. My Fav. Animes are Ranma 1/2, Cowboy Bebop, Mobile Suit Gundam UC 079. I like most of the Gundam Universal Century Shows. I am not into a lot of fantasy titles I have found. If I cannot make it to G fest this year for the first time, the one and only Godzilla Convention in the US, I am going to try and go to Otakon. Noir is awesome, check it out. Oh yeah I liek girls with guns, as long as there is not a lot of sensless fan service and has a good plot, so that rules a lot fo them out. Gunsmith cats was one of the first animes I fell in love with. To bad it was never a series. The Manga is cool. One last thing, I am a dub fan. I like live action stuff subtitled but I can not follow the Anime Subbed casue there is to much going on. I miss a lot. Neo Rango sucks do not waste your time. If I dod not have a rental place with Anime I would have to get a third job. Thats enough from me for know.

15. Padawan_Drogon

Padawan_Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    JPB is obviously not JUST a Star Wars Freak, lol. Hey JPB, I don't recognize you. Are you a member of Salt City Jedi or are we honored by a visit from another chapter?

16. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Oh yeah. I was thinking it said where I was from on the left or something. I am a member of The Rebellion from Rochester, NY.

17. Matrix-Jedi

Oct 19, 2003
    *twitch* Dubbed is bad. Really, really bad. You might like some of the titles I posted way back on page 1. And Godzilla rules!

-K

18. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Ok, I just had to show you guys this when brwsing the fan site forums...someone has this on their site... can't resist ;)

http://www.geocities.com/cyber_tim64/381.gif

(you'll have to copy/paste it to the addy bar, though, cause it's geocities)

19. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Hah! That's pretty funny. I like it ;)

E1PPM X 3

20. DarkjediAssasin

DarkjediAssasin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2003
    hey, if any of you feel bored tomorrow morning, i'm gonna be at greatnorthern mall w/ my boy scout troop and a bunch of other troops. its a biig boyscout event that troops from the area come to and show off some of the thhings they do. i'm probably gonna be there from 8:30 to atleast 10:00 making rope by the main fountain. the whole event last until and i'll probably end up being there most the time if i dont go out to home depot to get stuff for a lightsaber. so come on over if you want to see me making a fool out of myself.

-Adam

21. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Jeez, if you want to see me make a fool of myself... you should have seen me at work a couple days ago.

Balloons... attacking my head, sticking with very little provocation. So I go nuts on them, Croc Hunter style. Terribly funny.

22. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    As requested at the meeting: Homestar Runner My favorites are the Strong Bad e-mails.

23. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Whoo hoo! Strong Bad!

24. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    bum bum bum bum....

doo doo loo doo doo doo loo doo...

doo loo do do do lo doo loo do do do lo...

The system is down...the system is down.....

25. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Trogdor was a man...

Ummm, he was a dragon-man!

Or maybe he was just... a dragon... but he was still

TROGDOR!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.