Canada I LOVE GBS

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by SamwiseGamgee, Feb 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamwiseGamgee Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't get enough of those boys from Newfoundland. Yes I am refering to Great Big Sea. I know most of their music is not considered popular music but the mixture of folk, rock and celtic stylings is refreshing for me. Perhaps their songs are not the most contraversial or deal with serious biting social issues...but sometimes just having a good time warrants a good song. And thats one of the things I miss about the east coast is light heartedness of its people.

*ponders*
    Perhaps its time I return home for a while.

In the meantime I really can't get enough of them. Their uppity style of positive music helps me when I am really getting down. I mean how can you be down when you hear music about places and people who are always smiling and happy!!
  2. DarthBabe Force Ghost

star 7
    Try the ACG forum

They're probably some Great Big Sea fans there. :p It's an East Coast band.
  3. DarthSmurf Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Great Big Sea is an awesome band! Best thing Newfoundland has to offer. ;) :p
  4. Sar-Tamber-lac Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes, there ARE big fans of Great Big Sea in the ACG forum!! Those guys are awesome! I've decided I'm gonna marry their lead singer. [face_love]
  5. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
    Indeed they are awesome, as the Emperor has forseen.
  6. THEREALSHMII Jedi Master

star 4
    Love their new album - Something beautiful. I wish they got more airplay. Sigh.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.