main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit I love Marvel Star Wars

Discussion in 'Literature' started by cthugha, Nov 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    :eek: I'm pretty sure I never made the association...

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sergio_Aragonés [face_tee_hee]

Iron_lord likes this.
  3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    It was a brilliant career move on Chaykin's part, then. Forever shall he be revered as the One Who Hast Birthed Jaxxon.

4. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Here's several interesting items of note - many people may already be aware of this info., but just in case:

At Wal-Mart I recently picked up a great 2013 Calendar which features oversized pin-ups of covers from the Marvel comics series - excellent, and this features some of my favorite covers, including #5, #7, #31, #52, & the covers of the original "Marvel Special Editions" with the ANH adaptation. As far as I know, this is the first SW calendar which focuses on the Marvel comic series - here's a link with more info:

http://space1970.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-art-of-star-wars-comics-2013.html

And, here's an article from last year which discusses how important the Marvel series was to both the early SW EU, as well as to the comic industry as a whole (this was also referred to in the "Cracked" article from a couple of posts back):

http://io9.com/5840578/how-star-wars-saved-the-comic-book-industry

Lastly, I was re-re-reading the first "A long time ago" TPB recently, and noticed (maybe for the first time), that in issue #15 ("Star Duel"), Crimson Jack's pirates are using what suspiciously looks like a "Tie Bomber" (pages 269 & 270 of the TPB). Interesting, since the TB made it's first film appearance in ESB, a couple of years after this comic came out.....

5. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    If my memory serves me right, the TIE Bomber was first seen in the "STAR WARS Sketchbook".

6. Dartht Punk

Dartht Punk Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 17, 2014
    In addition, the scuba-suits worn in the Clone Wars season four Water War arc are very similar to the one worn by Han Solo in the Crimson Jack stories.

7. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    And Jaxxon's species is 'still' canon even post reboot, thanks to a clone wars cameo in season 5.

werpudel, Darth_Garak and Iron_lord like this.
  8. Dartht Punk

Dartht Punk Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 17, 2014
    The highlight of the Marvel era is the David Michelinie/Walt Simonson stuff.

jaoblias likes this.
  9. jaoblias

jaoblias Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 23, 2012

[​IMG]

Gorefiend, Vthuil and Dartht Punk like this.
  10. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Wow - I was not aware that Jaxxon made an appearance in TCW cartoon, since I've never seen it (don't like the animation, though I did like the early 200x's CW cartoon, with animation by the company that did Samurai Jack).

Very amusing - especially since he seems to be almost universally hated by many fans. Personally, I find his character hilarious, and would even buy a comic book mini-series if it featured him. He!!, I would even buy an action figure of Jaxxon...

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Might a Bucky O'Hare figure come close enough? :D

12. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    http://31.media.tumblr.com/633ac112e2f411ca0b47d917d10e32b0/tumblr_meudw71lLD1qzfjxgo2_500.jpg

It's actually much funnier, because they cameo his species as a corpse on a crashed ship in the middle of the desert.

But it's dead obvious what they intended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.