main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

All the best for the Holiday Season!

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (20th-22nd April), Gold Coast (27th-29th April)

Oz Comic Con: Melbourne (9th-10th June), Brisbane (22nd-23rd September), Sydney (29th-30th September)

2. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

FF:NZ I love my job :)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Chansplace, Oct 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    In Wellington I was getting $9.50 an hour at McDonalds, in England I'm getting the equivalent of $18.60 an hour* for sitting at a computer all day. Yes, I love my job.

*Yeah so the cost of living is slightly higher, but it still sounds good. :p

2. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    What's the minimum wage in England?

3. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    zacparis the benefit in england is 18.60?

4. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    zacparis the benefit in england is 18.60?

Yeah right. :p Actually the unemployment benefit for a single white male is around £45 a week, that's about $120. I don't know how people are expected to live off that.

The minimum wage is £4.10 an hour for 18-21 yr olds and £4.85 for over 22, that's $10.70 and $12.70 respectively, but I hear it's going up soon.

5. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    My job (the job itself) has been great (my partner is another story). Just thought I'd share a few pictures of the cute wee fella's I'm capturing at all hours of the night (work 8:30pm - 4:00am in the bush).

These are all Auckland Green Geckos.
    Twins
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/markhansen/new_twins.jpg]
    Young gecko on Manuka branch
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/markhansen/green_gecko_baby.jpg]
    1 year old Auckland Green that I found with stunning markings!
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/markhansen/GreenGecko1.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/markhansen/GreenGecko.jpg]

The gecko's usually only have a small amount of yellow / white on their dorsal side and sometimes lateral, but this one I found with yolk orange, rimmed with black is absolutely amazing!

NB: click for larger images.

6. YouAgain

Dec 20, 2001
    SFL why do you have girly fingers?

7. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    ^ That is a bloody good call!

I never noticed when you showed me the other day, are they yours??

8. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    LMAO, na they're not my fingers. I bite the hell out of my fingernails. Those are the fingers of the idiot I have to work with.

9. YouAgain

Dec 20, 2001
    Care to explain why she is an idiot?

10. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Yeah and explain if those aren't the hands of a woman, what sort of moisturiser the guy uses!!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

11. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    My company has decided to ship me off to Nelson as of next week, lucky me.

At least i get free flights to Welly every weekend, my rent paid and an extra living allowance. That only partly makes up for being sent to the hippy capital of NZ....damn hippies :p

12. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Damn tree huggin, weed smokin, free lovin' hippies.

Try this on for size:

Doing a habitat restoration for an endangered species release at the end of Whangaparoa Peninsula (Gulf Harbour's Navy Base). Damn hot today, so I called for a swim at this little pearla. Smooth as glass and a bit of eye candy on the beach to boot. :)

Gotta love this work. Enjoy feasting ya eyes on my little beach:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/markhansen/GulfHabour.jpg]

13. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
  14. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    I am an Electronics Technishan Apprentise. Its awsome I work at an appliance repair firm. All I do all day is fix stuff I love it. I am currently head of microwave repairs. I also fix stereos remotes and other stuff. I have to go to night course twice a week which is kinda a drag, but iv'e been trying to get threw my work as fast as possible so I dont have to go for long.

15. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Well it's officially my last day here in our Wellington office as i'm being transferred to our Nelson office for 2-3 months to cover a staffing shortage.

It's such a sweet deal, i get:

- more money $$$
    - a car/ute, road trips to chch i think
    - cellphone, new office
    - free food, free rent
    - and flights back to Welly every fortnight to get OTP!

And as usual my last day and i'm extremely hungover...one of the student pubs had a back to school party and i couldn't resist. First years anyone!! :)

16. akasha_ishtar

akasha_ishtar Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    At the mo I don't have a job but I am a studying Egyptologist and that takes up a lot of my time, trying to read Hieroglyphs is not an easy thing.

I have tryed for a job as a telemarketer, they said they are geting hold of me the start of April, so I hope I get that. Geting paid for sitting on my butt on the phone all day is always good.;)

17. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    hahaha!

Yea, right. Telemarketers are shown no respect, because they diserve none. Ringing at the worst possible time going on about absolute cr4p. My silly cousin tried it. He lasted not even a week.

If you can handle people being excessively rude to you constantly. Go for it. Otherwise, try something else.

You scallywag Solo. Fire some up my way, I'll repay ya with some turps. oh oh oh, company-car-road-trip it down for my graduation P-up 6th-10th. Sat night will be a ripper! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.