main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Love Star Wars But I Can Walk Away From This Job At a Moment's Notice

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by C Creepio, Oct 4, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt. Mentalist

Capt. Mentalist Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 27, 1999
    I don't think I to be a slack apprentice . I think have acheived slackerdom , i think

2. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I left the true path of slackdom a while back when I got promoted. Ever since it's been straight downhill in terms of job satisfaction. My job is most appealing when I don't have to do anything work-related.

3. gundark

gundark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 1999
    Dont' forget to cast your votes in the election this Friday.

Vote the OSP ticket

Creepio/gundark for Mayor and vice-mayor !

This will be the only day where you guys can't slack off. The drunken ticket is gaining power. They seem untouchable by scandal (they are scandal) and the bash ticket has a very popular candidate so cast those votes people...

4. Aunt Berumeister

Aunt Berumeister Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 1999
    The the vessel of C Creepio, and the power of non-self-empowerment, I have glimpsed Nirslackna, and it is good. I'm feel ing si fslack in fact thst my tuypjng skilds arw failhng...ldosing abitlty to pervorm simpel tasjs...don"t even careesfdcvmm...

I came. I saw. I fell asleep.

5. DarthNut

DarthNut Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 1, 1999
    The Slack Strikes Back!

6. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Grand Moff Jerjerrod Jedi Master star 3

Jul 14, 1999
    If you are truly persevering in slack,
    What is the place of a haughty workload?
    The nerf which has no blue milk will not be purchased,
    Even though equipped with a pleasant-sounding bell.

MTSBWY...A
    GMJ

7. C Creepio

C Creepio Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 1999
    No, Boba Jr, not my campaign, but my career. Like presidents and such have other careers too, right? Ronald REagan was an actor first, before he was governor or whatever. I am a slacker first, with aspirations of becoming Mayor. As for my campaign? I have no campaign. My campaign consists fo doing nothing while the rest of the world happens around me.

The true permanent state of reality is Nirslackna, that which is unfinished, unmade, unconceived, uncreated, unconstructed. Thus, peace, bliss, excellence, perfection and wisdom. The state of freedom from work, the release from work, the workless, the serenity and purity of absolute work-free reality should be the norm, the wonderful, the goal, the real. In short, the end is work that ceases to be. The right path of escape is Nirslackna.

8. Jumping Jedi Flash

Jumping Jedi Flash Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 1999
    slacking gets you through a day at uni and the knowledge that you can get on the web for free and post in the jedi council...

9. Shimmergloom II

Shimmergloom II Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 1999
    Creepio, can the way of the Slack help me to get my true name back?

10. RedHot5

RedHot5 Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 1999
    Night shift checking in!

I see the philosophy of the slack is at hand. Let me share some kõans(Zen buddist stories) so that we may optain nirslackna.

Slack is like a man hanging in a tree by his teeth over a precipice. His hands grasp no branch, his feet rest on no limb, and under the tree another person asks him: "Why did C Creepio begin the SWMCMMJ thread?" If the man in the tree does not answer, he fails; and if he does answer, he fails and loses his life. Now what shall he do?

TarynS of the SWMCMMJ monastery was about to lecture before dinner when she noticed that the bamboo screen, lowered for meditation, had not been rolled up. She pointed to it. Two padawans arose wordlessly from the audience and rolled it up. TarynS, observing the physical moment, said, "The state if the first padawan is good, not that of the second"

Are you getting the hang of it yet? One more...

A padawan asked Creepio: "Is there a teaching no master ever taught before?"
    Creepio said: "Yes there is."
    "What is it?" asked the padawan.
    Creepio replied: "It is not mind, it is not the slack, it is not things."

Here's a brief decription I have of Zen(Slack):
    Zen(Slack) is intellectual quicksand-anarchy, darkness, meaningless, chaos. It is tantalizing and infuriating. And yet it is humorous, refreshing enticing. Zen(Slack) has its own special kind of meaning, brightness and clarity.

One of the basic tenets of Zen(Slack) is that there is no way to characterize what Zen(Slack) is. Kõans are a central part of Zen(slack) study, verbal though they are. Kõans are supposed to be "triggers" which, though they do not contain enough information in themselves or impart enlightenment, may possibly be sufficient to unlock the mechanisms inside one's mind to lead to enlightenment."

Chew on that

11. Twi'lek Babe

Twi'lek Babe Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 1999
    Munch..munch.... Yum!! Philly cheeseslack sandwich for supper. Thanks! http://www.homestead.com/redhot55/files/lick3.gif

[This message has been edited by Twi'lek Babe (edited 10-04-1999).]

12. Garli Pesan

Garli Pesan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    It's Slack-tacular.

13. Jedi Soul

Jedi Soul Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 1999
    Hello everyone...

Nice thread, Creep. Love the title

Well... Tater... i guess i should address you as well as Amidala's Suitor and a few other people who've asked about me...

Uh... I won't be on for a while. I have some serious private issues to sort out. Um... I will be on Thursday of this week... After that, who knows...

This, BTW, has absolutely NOTHING to do with any hacker. I am merely appearing in this thread to make that clear.

Slack on everyone... May the slack be with you... !

Crystena77... Glad to see you are a true slacker

14. Senator Binks2

Senator Binks2 Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 1999
    http://www.fortunecity.com/wembley/elland/715/singing2.jpgEntertaining the Troops

http://www.fortunecity.com/wembley/elland/715/astroops.jpgImperial Troops Have... started to dance?

[This message has been edited by Senator Binks2 (edited 10-05-1999).]

15. Jedi Soul

Jedi Soul Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 1999
    Binks...

16. Sandfarmer IV

Sandfarmer IV Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 3, 1999
    Good morning everyone. Hey Jedi Soul.

***IMPORTANT MESSAGE***

My computer at home is crashed and I have not got it working yet. It is beginning to look like I have lost a lot of stuff including three scripts I was working on and a ton of audio software and wave files for my bands that I will have to re-download and write new wave files and mp3's for.

I hope to get it straightened out soon (without paying anyone) but in the meantime, if anyone has sent me email since last Friday morning and I have not replied, well you know why now.

I probably have lost everyone's email addresses and I don't have ICQ until I can get my computer going again. (I can't get windows to start. Bill Gates must die.) So to RedHot5 and all my other ICQ pals, don't forget me, I'll be back for those late night chats soon. I hope...

Slack on.

17. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    Well, that's not good news... Yes, let's hang Bill Gates, always a good idea.

Do you want us to e-mail you so you can have the address again or shall we wait till you've got everything working again ?

18. Hacienda51

Hacienda51 Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 1998
    Ol'val, all.

Binks2...you crack me up. Indeed you are powerful with PaintShop.

JediSoul, RedHot and Tater...good to see you guys...

Everybody else...slack on! I'm gonna use Slacker Mind Tricks on OB2 to get him to come post here. (Who else can I talk about Brian Boitano with? )

19. Hacienda51

Dec 28, 1998
    And I have successfully used bold type...FINALLY! Slack on!

20. Hacienda51

Dec 28, 1998
    One final thing (hey, I'm shamelessly upping my post count )-- Creepio, any plans for Slacker Awards/Promotions or new drama pieces? I've missed your regular features...

21. gundark

gundark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 1999
    You are now on my crap list Hacienda
    and you know why...

22. Padawanna Cracker

Padawanna Cracker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 1999
    Nasty, Sandfarmer. Hope it works out.

Count Slack-ula!!!

23. C Creepio

C Creepio Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 1999
    Sorry, H51, no awards, promotions yet. Yes, a slack drama later today. RedHot, glad to see you've taken the night shift. And Sandfarmer--man, that's a big time pisser. I hope all is well.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH- I don't want to do work.

So I won't.

24. Twi'lek Babe

Twi'lek Babe Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 1999
    I'm having a Tuesday morning Big Slack Attack!

25. Padawanna Cracker

Padawanna Cracker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 1999
    Work is all relative.

Try to get your big brother to do it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.