main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I love the smell of Steak 'N Shake in April....(Celebration 3)

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Sebulba-X, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Indianapolis later part of April 2005. I'd wait for the Official Site to announce it before booking a hotel room, but I got some really solid independent info today, so you can pretty much stick a fork in every place else. Haven't nailed down the possible date to my satisfaction, but it's looking like the 2nd to last weekend (4/22 - 4/24, 2005).

Here's some C2 maps I've recreated to refresh your memories and start up the discussions:

ICC 1st Floor (hardly half used)
    ICC 2nd Floor
    Vendor Area Detail

Stay tuned to the OS Proclaimed "Un-Official Hosts" for all you Indy Info needs...Indy Knights: Hoosier Daddy, Luke?

2. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Steak 'N Shake is great at 1 AM after load of fun Star Wars activities.

Any idea who will be running CIII. Don't care as long as they improve from CII

3. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Just posted a thread in the FanForce Niagara forum to start discussions there.

:)

4. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Well, I'm sure it's the same people, more or less, from C2...but under the GenCon/Paizo umbrella this go around.

5. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
  6. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Also, it's most likely they will have the entire convention center like they did for this past July's GenCon, so even if they do nothing differently, they'll be way more elbow room. I didn't realize (via the map) that Halls A-C weren't actively used. Lot's of potential to be sure.

Also, the Indy Knights are already shaking the dust out of our noggins and will be hosting another party like we did for C2. Hopefully it will be a bit more organized and just as much fun. ;)

7. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sebulba-X, you don't know how much I love you right now! (no, not in that way. especially since I got in trouble earlier in another post for talking about that! :p )

I'm soooo glad to hear that.

8. Warriorpoet

Warriorpoet Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    Yes!!!

I don't know which has made me happier, reading this or the fact I got a chest-plate for my armor today. :D

9. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    OH, Thank you,Seb-X!!! Now, I need to know the closest hotel with a walkway? I've forgotten. I'm making reservations NOW. The people at the hotels are credulous when you reserve so far in advance, but it does pay off. Just keep checking back every other month. Anybody know?

10. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
  11. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I just checked the calendar at the convention center web site and it shows an entry for halls A-C during 4/19 - 4/23. That makes it look like they will not be using additional space except maybe the stadium. I'd love to return to Indianapolis but I sure would hate for things to be as crowded as they were last Celebration.

What do you think?

Carolyn

12. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Yes, I questioned that as well, but I think things are not as they seem on that calendar. I've had 2 other confirmations of that weekend since I first posted this.

Always in motion, the future is. (for the other convention anyway) ;)

13. tionnesharp

Feb 25, 2002
    Well I tried to make a res. I really did. I mean I had so much trouble getting a good, close room last year, I just wanted to make one now and be done with it. Not so easy.

The Marriott will let you make a res 50 weeks before the event. No sooner.

The Westin will put you on hold (long distance) for 5 minutes and then transfer you to an automated gadget that has nothing to do with making reservations.

The Hyatt (the most forthcoming) IS aware of the Celebration III (!) but they give you someone's home phone number in some far Western state. So I wait. And HOPE that I get a close room without bother.

(YES! It's INDY again!!!!)

14. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Thanks for the hotel info...I'll be sure to pass that along to people when they ask.

So, could you or could you not reserve a room at the Hyatt?

15. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, since I am getting this from such a reliable source.... I suppose I should start making some more concrete plans ;)

16. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    FYI - If you're already booking rooms, someone over on the Official Site's forums stated s/he got a reservation at the Westin.

17. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    Do you guys think they'll be offering up rooms when they post the official site (like they did last time). I know nearby hotels went quickly but weren't they able to negotiate better rates?

I hate to book rack rate when waiting might present a better deal. Any idea how far out they will be posting the official information?

Carolyn

18. tionnesharp

Feb 25, 2002
    Yeah, Caroyln, I worried about that. If I reserve a room now at one rate, if the Celeb organizers reserve a block of rooms at a cheaper rate....can I switch? I'm hoping so.

Seb-X, I was ready to reserve a room at the Hyatt, had my credit card in front of me and everything. Then they gave me this guy's number. I called it and it's apparently a private phone number. Very odd. I asked the people at the Hyatt...."So, I dial this number and I can make a hotel reservation at the Hyatt in Indianapolis?" They said yes. Whatever, as long as I get my room and a confirmation number. If I don't get word from the guy (I left a message) by tommorrow, I'll call the Hyatt again and see what's up. I'd really like to stay there.

19. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    If I reserve a room now at one rate, if the Celeb organizers reserve a block of rooms at a cheaper rate....can I switch?

I wouldn't expect that to be a problem.

20. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    How much is a room at the Hyatt?

21. tionnesharp

Feb 25, 2002
    A room for two people at the Hyatt is approx. $150. But that's without any discount with regard to Celeb III. I still can't get ahold of the "guy" with whom I'm supposed to make reservations with for the Indy Hyatt. So I'm going to start pounding on the Hyatt's reservation door on Monday to see what's up. I figure the weekend will get me no results.

22. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    So is the Hyatt the best place to stay in relation to the convention center?

23. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I doubt you'll get any discounts for such a busy weekend!! Unless you can reserve 10 rooms to get a group rate.

24. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Lucasfilm is bringing thousands of people into town. There will be discounts.

25. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    There are 3 hotels directly attached to the conference centre via walkways. At least one of them will be labelled the official hotel (if not more)

There should be a convention rate at the official hotel(s), but until the con is properly announced which hotel and what the rate is we'll see.

One suggestion is to try and get a group together. If you can get in with a group that will be booking a bunch of rooms you may be able to swing a better than con rate rate.

The other suggestion is to check what hotel(s) and the rates for next year's GenCon. Its the same people running C3, so what works for GenCon should work for C3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.