main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I love the smell of Steak 'N Shake in April....(Celebration 3)

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Sebulba-X, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djtom

djtom Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2001
    Hey Seb..VIP badges aren't too shabby either. ;)

2. elvenvoices

elvenvoices Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2003
    Well, that's interesting, when I spoke to the woman at the Westin Reservations, she told me she couldn't give me a 4th night, because the hotel was sold out.

3. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    To answer Zuck's original question about what time people will get in line, people actually got in line pretty early for C2 on Friday. The rumor was the people just walked around the block since if they got in line they would be breaking some law, IIRC.

And the Associate badge was great. Too bad I didn't get mine til Saturday!

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    And the Associate badge was great. Too bad I didn't get mine til Saturday

yeah, me too...

5. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    "Hey Seb..VIP badges aren't too shabby either. ;) "

Yeah, Mr. Big Shot Outlander...Getting your picture in the program for sitting up on stage asking McCallum questions was a rough gig huh? :p

The VIP, Press, & Staff badges have been the only ones I haven't been able to get to finish off my set (since I was working and unable to buy one there).

I'll trade you a couple of Colts posters for it? *waves hand* It would be a bargain for you I think. *waves hand* You do want me to have it. *waves hand*

6. elvenvoices

Oct 22, 2003
    Yeah I figured out later where Succuss was from. I double check his profile, and he listed no hometown, so I had to base it on the "Duh" Factor. ;)

Yeah, we figure Downtown out, it's similar to our downtown, so it only took one day of getting lost.

7. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    In indy it's very easy, you spot the huge statue that comes out of nowhere (no disrespect) and then you go to it. after that you get yourself in front of the statue and then you look at your left.. your should see something bubbly and white.. that's the RCA Dome.. and that's the convention Center and that's right next to the main hotels.

^_^ there you go.

8. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Yes it seems as if it's impossible to get any rooms at the Westin now.

9. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    They've assigned the rooms for convention use, so they'll actually have spaces to fill up at the convention rate.

10. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I'm working with a vendor for C3. I only have to work 1 day!
    Aaaah....holding out on us DVR?

Most of the places we're looking at aren't taking reservations until April. Everyone else getting that response (besides Westin)

Sebulba...any chance of getting something added to the badges (bar code) to ensure everyone gets the "exclusive figure" without scalpers hogging them all?

11. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    geez what with everyone and the mofidications to the passes!!

just have them send us 2 credit chips and we'll be good.

even better, a little business card with 2 black dots...

they just punch 'em out when you buy the figs.

And the whining about the Jorg really pisses me off because I got an extra set for my friend here just by dropping at the table outside the SWC store at the end of the day on friday.

I don't feel bad about getting 4 since I knew attendees (friends of mine) who decided not to get the figure... so in the end I would have gotten theirs.

12. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    another idea for solving the exclusive figure problem: i think last time around i heard someone mention having some sort of voucher sent out. this would then also help w/ the supply and demand.

13. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Actually just a little checkbox when you get your ticket over the net:

[] Do you plan on acquiring a set of SW-C3 Action Figure?

ask the same question over the phone.

that's a great idea actually. thanks for the inspiration Iwakura

14. elvenvoices

Oct 22, 2003
    Yup, I agree, we didn't get figures last time because it was insane, but if they made it more user friendly then I think I would try this time.

15. Bib_Un-Fortuna

Bib_Un-Fortuna Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2004
    I have to agree - I saw people with 20 of the C2 figure! They need to put a system in place to regulate this a bit better. A hole punch through the badges, some sort of voucher (which will end up on EBay before C3). Maybe they could set it up similar ro the autographs - buy the coupon, pick up the figures when you want. They must enforce the limit, even if they make it 2 per day. The C2 store fiasco (and the autograph area) were the biggest problems last time.

16. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    what would you think of getting the figures weither you want them or not. (they come with the ticket)

If you don't want them, there's a bunch of booths at the SW-C3 where you can exchange them for full refunds.

If you want to buy some more you go to the same booths and buy some at their price plus a little more (like you get refunded 20$ they sell for 25$ <- only fair in order to discourage resell)

That could work. and very well I think.. plus it would unclug the traffic from the C3 store.

what da ya all think :D

17. bossknopp

bossknopp Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2002
    I think they should be smaller booths throughout the convention for buying them.Like buying a shirt at a rock concert.You may hate me for saying so but I sold 3 of my four on ebay.I went one time my wife bought two I bought two.It helped me pay for my trip.They said theyd sell out soon so when I say the young teenagers behind me I said that was enough.I hated seeing people cut in line and people with 10-20 figures.I dont see anything wrong doing what I did.Im 100 percent fan but we all know people cant always make it there but still want their own figure.Believe me if I lived in Texas or California Id rather pay 50-75 for a figure than 1,000 to 2,000 to attend.But I wouldnt be offended to have my card punched,no biggie.If I dont leave with one thing to sell Im still going to have a blast.

18. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    I had 8 figures.. do I feel bad for getting them all. no why, because I had 5 friends who didn't even wanted theirs.. so I would have had them anyway.

However, I know each and everyone of the persons I brought them back for. Unlike some others (no offense ^_^) who just did sold them for a profit on e-bay.. I do agree it's sad not to get you figures if you don't attend but that's part of the game.

For instance, I won't get the nice 2-pack they will be selling at Jedi-Con this year, and you know what, I won't pay someone an extra 100 or 200 bucks just to get one. that's just plain rip off.. sorry man but it's true.

19. Bib_Un-Fortuna

Bib_Un-Fortuna Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2004
    Hey Uilmuteiz

The idea is sound, but I think there would simply be too much confusion on the part of the people running it to give them out with the tickets. Plus it would create a massive slow-down at the entrance. You would need a line for those buying tickets, a line for those who have tickets but no figures, and a line for those who already have their figs. Plus think of production - people will be walking up & buying passes, so how can they know how many to produce. They don't want to over-produce, because that wrecks some of the "special-ness" (by the way, I am a High School English teacher) of the figure. And if they make too few . . .

Regardless, I believe buying a voucher (or getting a voucher included with a 4-day pass ONLY) is the simplest way to go. How about you get 1 figure voucher with the 4-day pass, and you are allowed to purchase 1 more per day?

Okay - new topic: Who, actor or otherwise, would you like to see & meet at the convention? Be realistic. I hardly think The Flanneled One will make an appearance. Indy in Indy? Hardly possible. For my top 3:

1. Ian McDiarmid
    2. Frank Oz
    3. John Williams (okay, I know. Breaking my own rules. But it would be awesome to see him conduct the concert)

20. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    The Guests I would most like to see at C3 are as follows(not counting Harrison Ford and George Lucas)

Ian McDiarmid
    Dennis Lawson
    Frank Oz
    James Earl Jones

John Williams CONCERT!!!

Also many others I would like to see that do not do conventions in the US.

21. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    If they do another concert, I'd love to see them get the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra rather than the one they had (can't recall their name, but yeah, there's a difference). Of course J.W. directing would be reason for fanboistic spasms.

As far as celebrities go...I'd be happy just to be in the general vicinity of Lewis MacLeod.

22. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    oooh, guests...one of my favorite subjects:

-mark hamill (i know..a long shot, but that doesn't mean i wouldn't like to see him there ;) )
    -carrie fisher..again. i know there were a ton that didn't get to see her last time. i saw her presentation on sunday morning and she was really cool and funny.
    -ray park (complete w/ martial arts demo)
    -ahmed best (whether you like jar jar or not, he seems like a really cool guy)

other than that..i really liked some of the guests that they had last time around and i didn't get to see a bunch of them like hayden christensen, rick mccallum (ok, so i walked out of his presentation since i'm spoiler-free, but still..he came up to the line friday morning and it was pretty cool), anthony daniels, etc.

23. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Lewis MacLeod and Ahmed Best are on my extended list.

Just to name a few others I would like to see at C3.

Caroline Blakiston
    David Bowers
    Silas Carson
    Dermot Crowley
    Michael Culver
    Oliver Ford Davies
    Maria de Aragon
    Matt Doran
    Joel Edgerton
    Ronald Falk
    Alan Harris
    Samuel L. Jackson (Not Happening)
    Jesse Jensen
    Zachariah Jensen
    Jay Laga'aia
    Christopher Lee (Also Not Happening)
    Althea McGrath
    Chris Parson
    Michael Pennington
    Katie Purvis
    Hugh Quarshie
    Andrew Secombe
    Hassani Shapi
    Orli Shoshan
    Matt Sloan
    Jimmy Smitts
    Bodie Taylor
    Leeanna Walsman

OK, that is more than a few. I know I left out quite a few I would like to see.

I did not mention the Episode 3 guests I would like to see

24. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Nobody put Kenny Baker on the list?!?! [face_shocked]

25. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Kenny is usually in the group that makes the rounds.

Hamill migh not be as much as a long shot as he was a no shot for C2. With his interview in the Insider, he seems to have softened his No Star Wars stance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.