main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I love the smell of Steak 'N Shake in April....(Celebration 3)

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Sebulba-X, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    According to the Hyatt reservation person, going through this Convention group was the only way to get the convention "rate". I assumed that the rate was something better than normal, if only a little bit better. We'll see what's what this week. Hey! Maybe they'll even announce it officially this week.....well, I'm an optimist.

2. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Great news! Good to hear the C3 will be in Indy again.

3. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    So it is going to be in Indy again?? And if someone could give me info on how early to book a room and everything....this is going to be my first convention.

Thanks
    LadyNaberrie

4. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    OMG! It is in Indy again?

ROCK ON!!!!!! :D :D :D

Man, Indy was so perfect last time and I had one of the best times in my entire life at Celebration II. This is going to be AMAZING! :D

It's so close to where I live (Chicago) so it's just a short, relaxing drive!

Sex-X, you rock for this info! :D (Well, and for those awesome Preview Clonetroopers you sent me! :D

Oh man, dude, you just made my night when I read this post! :D

5. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Just a question regarding C2, when was the fact that it was being held at Indy confirmed?

6. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    March 23, 2001 for C2 rumormill to confirm what the Aug 14, 2001 Official Announcement stated about the weekend of May 3-5, 2002 for C2.

7. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Thanks Seb. Now have a time-frame on being able to save the requisite funds for airfare. :)

8. SkylaFett

SkylaFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2001
    Hey Seb, if I'm involved in the party this go around you can bet your bottom dollar that it will be much better. I started having ideas after it was over last year.

Music over the P.A., Mic for announcements, plus the last section opened up just to name a few.

9. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Oh yeah, Skyla, you will definately be in on it again, you kicked arse last time. I have been in contact already to make sure that those loose ends that we had last time are taken care of, as well as ALOT more space.

10. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    And hopefully warm food...though I'd be happy dumping the catering for a in room cash bar. ;)

11. whojedi

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm all about that!!!

12. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    did someone say "bar"? :D

13. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    You know as we get a bit closer to this event we probably should create a forum specific to it. That way we can keep all the relevant threads in one place.

14. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Sorry to bother again but my parents REALLY need info on C3 so they can make reservations and see how much it costs and all that stuff. If anyone is SURE it's in Indy and that everything is set in stone please e-mail me at EnelyaAnarion@aol.com.

Thanks
    LadyNaberrie

15. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    You know as we get a bit closer to this event we probably should create a forum specific to it. That way we can keep all the relevant threads in one place.

This used to be the Celebration 2 forum. :)

16. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    LadyNaberrie, no one official has confirmed the place yet. Some on the "inside" have said that it will be in Indy, April 22-24, 2005. As to reservations, some hotels will not take reservations more than a year from when you want to stay. Someone on the SW boards said that he got a room at the Westin, but they wouldn't let ME reserve one until April 21, 2004. I've been trying to get ahold of a number that the Hyatt gave me to reserve a room there....but I've not had any luck.

Wait a bit for the official confirmation. It's SUPPOSED to be Indy, but anything can happen. The confirmation is supposed to happen this month....but we've all heard THAT one before!

17. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Yippee!!!
    Yay!!
    *singing a little tune*
    Going back to Indy, Going back to Indy.

{I hope}

18. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    From your bretheren 3 hours to the South, let me just say...

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Best news I've heard in a while!!

:D

19. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Well if this is true I am less than excited (as I have said in other forums) I have no problem with Indy. In fact it is high on the list of somewhere I might want to live. I just don't think C2 was handled very well. The Wizards people were generally very rude (hopefully this won't be a problem this time), the only reason I was able to see even some of the presentations was because of the kindness of strangers, and I thought the convention hall was very cramped. Granted these are all things that can be remedied. Especially the last one since everyone keeps saying they only used half the space. I guess more than anything I was hoping for an excuse to visit someplace I hadn't been before. :p

20. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Its not Wizards this time.

It'll be the same team doing GenCon 2004, so seeing how they handle that should be a clue to how C3 should go.

Of course the advantage for us at C3 is that the team should also have learned where they went wrong during GenCon and should have fixes in place.

Speaking as a member of a concom though, I will say that no matter how hard you work, there will always be something to mess up your plans.

The mark of a good concom is how quickly they resolve the issue and how they treat the membership because of it.

Looking forward to the GenCon reports next year.

21. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    Awesome! :D

I should be able to go then! :cool:

God bless!

-Malz

22. whojedi

Nov 14, 2001
    They actually started having GenCon here in Indy this year. It went very well, with the exception of presold badges and registration. Which they now have a year and a half and another GenCon to straighten that out.

From what I have heard, it looks to be much more organized and much roomier this time around.

I am not sure if the Westin is taking reservations or not yet.

...and everyone keep your Friday night free, it should be a good one!!!

23. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Strange about the Westin, we reserved 2 rooms a week ago!

24. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i guess indy will be ok again . not as cool as denver , but i wouldnt miss C3 if it was in alaska in the middle of december .

so will we see the toys and stuff before we can buy them like C1 . i thought it was a waste of space looking at all the stuff i had at home .

25. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    All-riiiiiiight.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.