main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I love the smell of Steak 'N Shake in April....(Celebration 3)

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Sebulba-X, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    woohoo!! just got the news from cari (shara) last night. i hadn't really been checking up on it, so i didn't know 'til then. i am very happy it's going to return to indy as it was a close drive (for me..6 hours) and a lovely city (from what i saw). i had such a great time at C:II and am sure i will again at C:III.

in regard to hotels: i called the courtyard by marriott last night (the one i stayed at for C:II) and they could only (as i think maybe someone else said) take reservations 50 weeks in advance. i checked w/ the hyatt regency (just online) and it was the same. i also went to the westin's website and it appeared i could reserve, but for $199/night. i could be wrong, but i believe the fan club rate last time was no more than $149 or $159/night..so any of you who reserved there, i'd definitely cancel upon the release of the fan club rates if i were you.

i'd like to get a hotel w/ some kinda breakfast this time around. courtyard has the friday's attached to it, but the breakfast buffet was overpriced and not very good at that. other than that, i liked staying there--the room was nice and the price was pretty good (i think it was $119/night fan club rate). it was also close--no skywalk or anything--but it was a very short walk. i mean, you just had to cross a couple of streets and you were in line. the skywalks would be nice, but only for going in and out of the convention well after it had opened 'cause i know for the opening of the con, you couldn't go through the skywalks to get in anyway.

i'm very happy to hear that it's been extended an additional day. i had hoped for that, but didn't think it was gonna happen. i might go to the FF party, as i didn't go last time. anyone think there's a chance for a jeditalk reunion for C:III? *crosses fingers*

2. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    Four days... Four ****in' days?! :D

3. Iwakura

Apr 2, 2001
    yep, the press release i received a copy of said an additional day was added and that it would start "mid-day" on thursday. ^_^

p.s. hello again vadersfist, hehe ;)

4. vadersfist

Jan 25, 2001
    Hey, you. I'll be seeing you in some long, long lines again. :)

5. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Sebulba-X: The aforementioned party . . . is it all ages? 18 and over? 21 and over?

6. vadersfist

Jan 25, 2001
    There was at least one young child at the previous par-tay. Nor was booze out of the question.

So nobody invite Michael Jackson!

7. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I'm sure it will be all-ages just like last time. Alcohol was not served inside the ballroom, but in the bar across the walkway.

8. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Glad to see the official announcement is finally out. Woot!

EDIT: Is there going to be a separate forum for Celebration topics again? Just curious.

9. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    But you have to be quick at the bar. If Michael Sheard gets there first, you may be left empty-handed.

10. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    It will be an all ages party. We're hoping to get a cash bar in the actual room, but obviously, the bartender will card anyone he suspects of being under age. We had one of our own members, a cop, be security for the party, and I don't recall any problems whatsoever.

11. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    i think the bar should be free for hyperspace members

12. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Um...while an open bar is possible I suppose, I'd hazard a guess and say that the cost of such a thing would up the ticket price by 350%.

13. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    i'd like to get a hotel w/ some kinda breakfast this time around. courtyard has the friday's attached to it, but the breakfast buffet was overpriced and not very good at that. other than that, i liked staying there

FYI- The Westin across the street had a StarBucks right inside the lobby. While its no Waffle House or Atlanta Bread Company, if a bagel or muffin & a cup of Joe will do then you might want to check it out. ;)

14. Iwakura

Apr 2, 2001
    " Hey, you. I'll be seeing you in some long, long lines again. "

indeed, *prepares for another possible 4 hour concert ticket wait*

and

*hopes next year's musical performance is by max rebo*

" FYI- The Westin across the street had a StarBucks right inside the lobby. While its no Waffle House or Atlanta Bread Company, if a bagel or muffin & a cup of Joe will do then you might want to check it out."

thanks for the info kir kanos. ^_^

"Is there going to be a separate forum for Celebration topics again? Just curious."

i think this forum ended up being converted to the C:II forum last time around....at least i remember it was all C:II topics in here anyway.

15. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    So where can we see this official release?

16. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Official Site C3 Announcement

Actually, for C2 there were 3 or so new forums created (why, I'm not sure)...then as everything died down the other forums were scrapped and this forum went from the C2 Discussion Forum to the more generic FF Conventions. I don't know what FF plans are for any C3 forums...I think they were waiting for an official announcement before discussing anything.

17. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Yeah, I'm not sure why there was more than one forum for C2 either.

I would like to see a new forum just for C3, so that discussions of other major conventions, like Dragon*Con and SDCC don't get buried in a bunch of C3 related threads.

Perhaps when the forum is created a bunch of the most common threads could be pre-made.

General information
    Dates, times, locations, hotels, restaurants, etc

Parties
    Info about parties for the various groups. FF, RL, 501st, TDH, OJA etc, etc etc. Also announcements of any room parties that people or groups want to host.

Roomies
    People looking for crash-space. People looking to add one more person to split costs. You know the routine.

Thats a start. There are probably other fairly common threads that could be pre-made if anyone else wants to suggest one.

Once again, I think that a new forum to keep the C3 information all in one place would be the most elegant solution.

18. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    The Crowne Plaza had a restaraunt as well. It had a buffet or you could order breakfast. Not especially cheap, but it was convenient.

19. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Yeah a well moderated forum for C3 would be a good idea. When I say well moderated I mean so that we do not see a dozen of the same questions asked. Seb-X did a great job for C2 and has been doing an amazing job informing everyone about Indy, etc. His value to Star Wars fandom has been priceless.

20. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
  21. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    One idea for the bar is to give over 21ers a wrist band - like the hospital kind. That's what they did in NY when they changed the drinking age from 18 to 21. The clubs still let over 18 in but they didn't get the special wristy band.

I agree a WELL moderated C3 forum would be a good idea to get all the information in one place. Perhaps one like the Census where only a mod can start a thread?

22. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    We are discussing a CIII forum now in the OFH, we just want to be sure that someone will be able to moderate it first. You could probably expect it sometime next week.

23. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I'd nominate Brian.

He is local, has the contatcs and used to be a RSA so can be trusted as a mod.

Of course if Brian declines then the choice will be more difficult.

24. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I'd LOVE a C-3 forum!!

Edit: Yes, Seb should be it.

25. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    I can say without a doubt that nobody is more qualified or has put in more C2 and C3 related online work that Seb.

It would really be pointless to have anyone else moderate it, as he would end up being the one that everyone ask questions to anyway.

Seb has already put together the best info on Indy and C3 related info and it continues to grow on a daily basis. I can't imagine all of the info it will contain by the time C3 actually gets close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.