I love us

Discussion in 'Chicago, IL' started by Bosh_Talk, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Dear Fellow Fans,

I'm damned proud of everything that was done in the meager few months leading up to this past week's CapriCon event. I'm damned proud of everyone who got in there who donated ideas, skills, elbow grease, time & money to make this thing happen. A special thanks to members like Phyllis & others who put forth the effort to help yet were unable to come to the convention to actually experience what they helped create. An extra-special thanks to all of the girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands & wives who supported or just put up with their significant others' madness. Like it or not you're a
    member of Chicago Force too.

Together we created & enacted what was
    undoubtedly the pinnacle of Star Wars fandom by the fans for the fans.

You're all a part of something wonderful...Chicago Force.

Thank you all from the bottom of that empty space where my heart is supposed to be.

2. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    word!

the consuite was pretty damn impressive! you guys did an awesome job!
  3. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    I do think, however,
    we need one more volunteer work day...
    and that would be to try and restore order to Shauna's apartment....
    ;)
  4. flippingyodacola Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thats so... BEAUTIFUL!!!!
  5. TheExecutor Jedi Knight

star 3
    Lets hear it for Dave, you are such the leader of this ragtag bunch of waked out Star Wars Fans! Three cheers for Dave! Hip, hip hurrah, hip, hip hurrah, once more hip, hip hurrah!!!
  6. DarthShauna Jedi Padawan

Nah, no worries Phyllis, Steve and I have already begun the mighty task of tearing the glue, paint, and foamcoat off of my floors and countertops. We recovered from Jabba, we'll recover from this. As long as we get all the paint off the floor, and repaint the kitchen which got a few paint scuffs, we'll be back in shape. The place had plenty of scuffs when we moved in 4 years ago, so I still have high hopes of getting most of my security deposit back. ;)

Thanks for the offer, though! After the titanic effort all the volunteers put in I couldn't ask for any further help. I am so pleased with how everything looked; I can't wait to show everyone the photos and the video that you guys haven't seen yet!

We rawk.
    -shauna
  7. flippingyodacola Jedi Knight

star 2
  8. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    my eyeballs eagerly await the video....I am still bummed that I had to miss the Con
    :_|
  9. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    The consuite looked fabulous. Thank you to those who put in months and months of time, sweat, swearing, painting, scrounging, storing, and general unfunness.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.