main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion I LOVE YOU! I KNOW!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by bergstrom, Mar 4, 2013.

1. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
    IF Han was to die, and either him and leia were either in the same place or on 2 different ships, speaking over the intercom, I can imagine the lines being switched. Maybe Han's ship has been hit after a successful mission in saving many lives, but one blast from an enemy ship destroys his engine, han hurltes to the ground.

Han sees the impending doom.

HAN
    (soft)
    THIS IS IT YOUR HIGNESSS.

LEIA
    HAN, NO!

HAN
    (welling up)
    I LOVE YOU

Ship speeds out of control towards the ground. Leia accepts his fate.

LEIA
    I KNOW!

Shop crashes into the ground in a huge fireball. Leia looks away. etc....

would be really poignant, reversing the lines.

GoJohnnyGo, Krueger and Episode Swag like this.
  2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Nah

BW2, JackG and cdgodin like this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If they are exchanging the "I love you...I know" lines as either of them die, I won't last through the rest of the movie. :_|

4. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I was always more of an Anidala person but dang! That would really get me

5. ForceJumpAnakin

ForceJumpAnakin Force Ghost star 4

Dec 24, 2006
    I can see Han and Leia telling their kids "We Love You!", and then they respond "We know..."

6. VMeran

VMeran Jedi Master star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    They already reversed the lines in ROTJ, as far as I know. :p

And no, I don't think it's a good idea either to do it at any point of the ST. ._.

Poor Greedo, DowClimber and The Bops like this.
  7. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    So, uh, why do so many people expect/want Han to die anyway?

8. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Because Harrison Ford has said before one of the ways he would ever come back is if Han Solo was going to die in the end. Because in his eyes Han would go out in some epic way.

9. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    The reversal already happened, in ROTJ outside the bunker on Endor.

10. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    How about instead of reusing old lines, we let them create NEW lines that we all can fall in love with and put in our fan manips and t-shirts and whatever.

11. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Did someone say SHOP?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    i hated that they reused the "i love you" "i know" exchange in ROTJ, and i'd be disappointed to see the moment further cheapened by being repeated once again in the ST. it was powerful in ESB and should be left at that.

it's probably lame to use pirates of the caribbean as a reference point, but one of the ways in which dead man's chest fell flat as a sequel was that instead of creating new comic material they just rehashed jokes from the first one. "still rooting for you!" "why is the rum always gone?" etc. i would really hate to see this mistake repeated in EP7 where all we get are cheap references to the originals in an attempt at fanboy service.

i want new material. i want a fresh take and witty interactions between the seasoned characters. i want new lines we'll still be quoting 30 years from now, not sad parodies of moments like "no lightspeed?" and "this one goes there, that one goes there!"

13. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    This. I want NEW stuff. While bringing back some old stuff is nice, but bringing back old stuff to an unnecessary excess *like reviving old villains, going to the same old planets, saying familiar lines, introducing characters we are already familiar with through EU or past reference, ect* can get really old *no pun intended* and boring quickly. I kinda want to be suprised not be all "oh look I know that...eh How long till this guy turns into a sith? I know its gunna happen, can we wrap this up"

Episode Swag likes this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah no thanks. If Han is to die I want it to be emotionally gut wrenching and I fear that line would immediately take me out of the movie. It would be indulgent self-referencing and I'd almost expect Han to turn to the camera and wink.

15. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    Actually, I hope the big 3 survive all through the sequel trilogy, or at least, have a peaceful death, they've paid their dues already...

J_Girl and princessnikki like this.
  16. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I'll be honest, I hope they are all highly dramatic and unexpected deaths that pull at the heart strings.

VMeran and Darth Claire like this.
  17. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Of all the A/P fanfiction I used to read and write, I don't think I have ever seen the term Anidala... Interesting.

18. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    How about we squeeze in even more overused lines:

Han (dying): this is where the fun begins
    Leia: I have a bad feeling about this
    Han: it's not my fault!

VMeran and Garrett Atkins like this.
  19. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd rather he just give her the Solo grin and make short work of the enemy fleet.

20. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
    I'd forgotten about the ROTJ rehash, but I think upon Han's death, it would add weight, but just my 2 cents.

21. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998

22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    That would actually be fantastic.

23. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I'm actually really not against reusing some old lines. I think that out of all the ways you can pay homage to old Star Wars, reusing lines is one of the least alienating for newcomers and the least steeped in the past in terms of showing what we've already seen. It's much better than old planets, *all* of the old characters, constant references to what's come before etc.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  24. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012

Maybe the best line in movie history in my opinion. I love ths thread and think you may be right. "I love you, I know" will be incorporated somewhere in the ST. Good post!

25. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I do not see Han choking up or crying. I see more of a steely resolve, a grit of the teeth, and a mentality that says "I am not going out alone." The words he says at the end will reflect determination, defiance, and dignity.