main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx I love . . .

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by chickey, Aug 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    I love fellow SW fans that go to Oregon for vacation.

Mt. Hood Meadows and Mt. Bachelor forever!!!!!

*I get to go to Bend for a week at thanksgiving ;-)*

2. TyriaTainer

TyriaTainer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    ...snow, cardinals, COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON!, hockey, baseball, Buckeyes, The Ohio State Marching Band (TBDBITL), my mom, sleeping in, singing (in shower, car....well pretty much anywhere), talking, Monty Python, laying up against someone while watching a movie, massages, grass on bare feet, parties, euchre, planting potatoes, laughing, children, acting like an idiot, sharing an inside joke with a friend (hey mick, own a turtle?), holding my niece.

3. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    i also love putting myself down in a public forum. hah.
    jess, i love how you can make me laugh no matter what! :D

*I get to go to Bend for a week at thanksgiving ;-)*
    me- jealous! :p

I LOVE that someone actually KNOWS where the hell Oregon IS and what places I am talking about!!! :D

I love shopping downtown at Pioneer Place, going to the waterfront, Pioneer Courthouse Square, Poly Ester's (if it's still even there! :(-- grooviest club ever, walls filled with covers of people magazines from 70-80's, murals of star wars and wonder woman, etc. all things 70's and 80's! they play of course music from that period AND they show movies on the screens, OFTEN star wars! :D).
    I LOVE SUNRIVER!!! I miss that place, haven't been there in forever! I love walking downtown, the Church of Elvis (if it's still there), Portland Saturday Market, Skateworld :D ha!, driving thru my old hometown and remembering where all my friends use to live :( sad but fun. :)

4. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    There's a Poly Ester's here in Phoenix, right next to the Culture Club... (same building/entrance)

Reason # 729 Princess should move to Phoenix...

5. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    The Saturday Market was Awesome!!!! Spent an entire afternoon there :p

Pioneer Square was pretty cool, and that mall (or was it 2) downtown in those 2 converted buildings.... Never saw a vertical mall until then :eek:

McCormmick's was awesome, but that Greek place?! :eek: :eek: :D :D :X That was incredible!!! (The one w/ the big squid hanging off the side of the building that looked like it was falling down - once you got inside to understood why ;) )

Took the drive up to Multnomah Falls, and hit the other 3 falls on the way too [face_love]

I also really like the mixing of architechtural styles in the downtown business district. Gave the city a lot of character.

EDIT: Poly Ester's is a chain of theme clubs owned by a single interest.... They have one in Denver, St. Louis, Houston, D.C., New York, Chicago and I bunch of other cities I'm sure (I know those because of friends who moved there and found them :p )

6. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    NO WAY!! They were supposed to open a Culture Club back home too but dunno if it ever happened! CRAP. But I HATE the heat!!

I love older Disney movies (until about mid 90's), all things Potter, curling up with a good book, dancing the night away, sitting on the beach in South Beach watching the cruise ships all lit up in the distance, Chicago!!! (the town not the movie), doing something you know means you are being totally geeky/dorky/immature but having a great time and not caring anyways, so there! :p ;)

OHHHH I forgot one! Watching the Nutcracker Ballet in as many different cities as possible at Christmas time...This year perhaps LA finally! :D

Seeing Les Miserables again. I would so love to do that.

7. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I wish Les would just get himself a special friend and leave the rest of us out of his misery ;)

8. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    oh zoo...you are gonna make me cry! I am getting homesick!! :p

McCormmick's ROCKS!
    Ringlers is cool also
    Panarama?? probably didn't go there ;) wild and crazy, you'd like it ;)

I RECOMMEND ROCK BOTTOM BREWERY--HOTTIES GALORE!
    And ANY AND EVERY McMenamins Pub (Kennedy School is one ;)) They usually try and convert old buildings into pubs. Some are so large (like the school) that they have pubs, restaurants, a bed & breakfast and a movie theatre..with nothing but cushy couches and chairs!! IT ROCKS SOCKS BABY!! :D
    McMenamins
    Kennedy School
    [image=http://www.mcmenamins.com/Kennedy/front.jpg]

Greek Cuisina--the place with the purple octopus on top! ;) :D very cool. always busy!

Multnomah Falls--god I love that place. SO beautiful!!!

I am really getting homesick now. :p

9. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    ...Vash. [face_shocked] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] Hmmm...Trigun. [face_love] :D :D :)

10. Commander_Choad

Sep 11, 2002
    I am really getting homesick now

I smell..... PFF ROADTRIP TO OREGON!

This could be fun... it's only like an 18 hour drive from Los Angeles... Must check calendar for availability...

11. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
  12. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Can't forget the Pittock Mansion. Going that high above the city, it's just beautiful. I LOVE driving around there.

Oh and the Portland Rose Garden is up that way...

i will buy you a new life lyrics
    by everclear (kick ass portland band)
    SAYS IT ALL:
    "i will buy you that big house
    way up in the west hills"

HA HA! Just found a site that lists awesome things to do and they said the same thing!
    "Drive the West Hills.
    I know this sounds weird, and you won't find this suggestion on any other guide, but Portland's West Hills contain some amazing sights. You know the Everclear song with the line, "I will buy you that big house, way up in the West Hills"? Yep, Everclear is from Portland, and those are the same West Hills. The hills are littered with mansions and even have a couple castles. Be sure to check it out."

Things you MUST do when in Portland!!

Oh and I LOVE Powell's it's the hugest coolest bookstore EVER!!

13. chickey

Oct 21, 2002
    my cats, Ashley and Roswell. They're the two ladies in my life right now ;-)

love those little critters

14. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I caught the Chinese Gardens and the Rose Garden on my first trip out there. Did the Saturday market on both trips, and my conference was at the Rose Center (which is awesome to behold). Saw the clothing shops, but I'm not much of a shopper... Spent a whole day in Powell's [face_blush] And went up the Columbia River Valley/Gorge (whatever it's called) to see the Falls and the Dam... I also hit the History Museum (go figure) and Pioneer Square and we walked around by that old converted theatre... Generally I had a fantastic time in Portland... I almost moved there last December. :eek:

15. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Zoo you rock. That's all I gotta say! :D

I love dunkin donuts chocolate creme filled white powdered donuts. They are what heaven tastes like. They literally MELT when you eat them. I could die happy after one bite. :p Best food on the planet but there are hardly any around here so I never get them very often :(

16. chickey

Oct 21, 2002
    I love the winding drive through the mountain passes in the heart of winter, because it means you went to see family ;-)

17. Commander_Choad

Sep 11, 2002
    If powell's is the bookstore that has more nooks and crannies than a whole package of english muffins, covers a city block and has more books than I do (which is hard to do)... then I have to agree... Powell's ROCKS SOCKS© BABY!

I got lost in that store, mostly because I didn't WANT to be found... heh heh...

Portland is where I got one of my favourite addictions... Henry Weinhardt's Premium Rootbeer... I loved visiting the brewery in the old arsenal... that was way cool...

Heh... And I can't remember the name of the place, but my sister took me to some little chinese place, best fried octopus I've ever had.

I like Portland, I love the Beavers (local minor league team) and you know... I could move to Portland and start another PFF... Who wants to move to Portland and start a commune with me? heh heh heh...

EDIT: Marked as copyrighted...

18. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    careful choad, rocking socks in a copyrighted saying of mine ;) :p [face_laugh]

and beavers baseball is fun. i watched them when they were the beavers, then the rockies and then the beavers again ;)

but the BEST by far is the Portland Winterhawks!! HOCKEY ALL THE WAY! Nothing but awesome fights! Love going to those games! :D

As for the commune..ahm don't scare me ok? I may love Portland, but I ain't no stinking hippie. :p

19. Commander_Choad

Sep 11, 2002
    I may love Portland, but I ain't no stinking hippie

<voice=valerie>
    Liar!!!
    </voice=valerie>

We know all about you and your ways... especially the flower power, beads and incense. You can't fool us... we know you would be driving a VW transporter if you could.... heh heh heh

;)

20. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Funny..... I think the "chopping off heads" part would have gotten her thrown out years ago. ;) [face_laugh]

21. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    i am a ninja. i chop off damn dirty hippie's heads. [face_plain] that is what i do.

22. mrbunny666

mrbunny666 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2002
    ...the power of EBAY!

23. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Ebay is of the darkside. Many dollars spent there. Bad mojo there.

24. Commander_Choad

Sep 11, 2002
    No no... Ebay is like any other drug... It can be used for both good and evil...

Morphine, when used properly, provides relief from pain that nothing else can provide...

Used improperly, it causes all sorts of problems...

25. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    I love this picture:

[image=http://www.tiiite.com/pics/justin-owned.jpg]

[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.