main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga I Loved You Once (Obidala, Episode III viggie)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Jan 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I Loved You Once
    by obi's girl

Summary: Several years after Episode III, Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi watches young Luke, Padmé?s son and remembers the woman he loved but could never have...

Ben Kenobi smiled, watching an 11-year old Luke as he played with some of his friends. This had become his life, away from the chaos of the galaxy and the turmoil. He smiled, closing his eyes as images of the woman he loved flashed through his mind. Always in his dreams, Ben had seen her face countless times. Her soft brown eyes, long brown hair haunted him.

Years after he and Padme parted ways, Obi-Wan never stopped thinking about her. Before the darkness, before Padme became Anakin's wife, Obi-Wan felt the need to bond with her. Normally, if a Jedi wished to bond with another person, he or she would have tell the person and let them decide. But Obi-Wan didn't do that.

I think it was because I loved you but never admitted it because I was scared to, he thought to himself as he turned and walked back to his speeder.

They had spent very little time together but the moments they were together, Obi-Wan had to fight himself not to say anything, and then Anakin became the monster that was Darth Vader. Suddenly Padme was forced to rely on Obi-Wan more to protect her children....He could have stayed and helped Padme raise Luke and Leia and act as their adoptive father, but he was scared to be that close to Padme.

"I was a fool," he muttered to himself as he entered his old hut. Ben walked over to the chest in front of his bed, opened it and removed a brown leather diary. He ran his fingers over the royal sea and broke his latch, flipping through the pages until he stopped at one particular page.

Before they separated, Padme gave Ben her diary for safekeeping, in hopes that one day he could share it with her children and tell them about her. He smiled to himself, leaning back against the bed as he read through the journal.

Dear Journal:

My heart is aching, I can feel the pain so vividly. I am aching because today I have to let go of my children as well as an old friend I've known for a long time. I love Luke and Leia very much, and wish I could keep them together but it's too risky. But I hope some day when things get better, they'll find each other and become brother and sister.

I mentioned I have to say goodbye to an old friend of mine...I know I'll never see him again but I am so grateful and blessed he has stayed with me all these months and offered support. I owe him for so much but I can never tell him....

I think, I've fallen in love with him. He is so compassionate, loving and thoughtful and perhaps, a far better man than Anakin. I love him but I'm too scared to something but I fear if I don't, I'll never get the chance to tell him. I'll take my secret love to my grave and he'll never know how I feel.

Ben paused, looked up, tears in his blue eyes and then read on.

Today, I have to say goodbye to him but I can't. I will die of a broken heart if I have to...In time, he'll know my feelings because before he leaves, I'm going to slip this journal into his pack. I feel, this diary, will be safe if it is with him. But if he happens to notice it and reads this, I love you Obi-Wan Kenobi and will always love you.

"I loved you once too, Padme," he cried, "but I was too scared to say anything and now all I have of you are my haunted dreams."

The End

2. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    "I loved you once too, Padme," he cried, "but I was too scared to say anything and now all I have of you are my haunted dreams."

Simply wonderful. I love that last line. It could be a lesson to us all.

3. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    lol.

~aeryn

4. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    wow, love never expressed. Truely the most heartbreaking emotion, in my opinion. Very well written and moving viggie. :)

5. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks, princess :D

~aeryn

6. Earwen-Ancalime

Earwen-Ancalime Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    That was wonderful. I never would have thought of that pairing. You write well and unspoken love is a strong emotion. Great job!

7. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks, Earwen-Ancalime. I wish I'd thought of Obi-Wan and Padme together, but I didn't. And to think, we were a really small Obidala community when we first started....

If you want to read more Obidala fanfics, I run the Obidala and Sabewan Fanfic Archive.

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.