main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

?I?m not signing your treaty until I have her head on my desk.?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by jedi_master_ousley, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    I always giggle when he says that line, because he could be saying "...until I have her head under my desk!" [face_mischief]

2. Vagrant66

Vagrant66 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2005
    I'm pretty sure when Dooku said he was a man of his word (or whatever), he meant he would have Padme dead. And Nute believed him.

3. Darth Rayder

Darth Rayder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 1999
    I've always figured that Sidious and Dooku manipulated Gunray into hating Padme more than he initially did. Having Padme silenced works to Palpatine's advantage, as she was such a staunch opponent of the army and could have swayed many Senators. I can picture Sidius and Dooku appealing to Gunray's sense of injustice after the events on Naboo.

4. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    However, in the very next scene, the leaders of various organizations are sitting around the table, and Dooku says that ?the Trade Federation has already pledged their support? and Nute nods in agreement.

The Force has a strong influence on the weak-minded.

Actually, we know the answer. Sidious told Nute his plan, he promised him peace. Nute must have been pushing Dooku in hopes to get something from him he knew he wouldn't get from Sidious, but ultimately, he wasn't going to go against Sidious's plan and back out. He had too much at stake.

5. DARTHCLANDESTINE

DARTHCLANDESTINE Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2005
    Great points Stryphe! I agree on the too much at stake part. Otherwise even after Padme's escape from the blast (where the client was getting impatient after that failure) and then failure from the bounty hunter's attempt, he could arguably have walked out. Yet still remained with Dooku in Geonosis. Dooku himself carefully stipulated that the TF "pledged" their support (without having to sign!) whereas the rest say "we will sign your treaty".

6. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    Nute pledged his support, he just didn't sign it yet or make it official. I thought Sidious didn't reveal himself until after the war started?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.