main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC I Made The Reservations for the 23rd!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Vaders_Kid, Nov 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    *uses Jedi mind trick*

Malkie, you WILL be R2-D2 tomorrow. You WILL embarrass yourself to no end by riding around the streets of DC on a red tricycle.

2. Jan lo

Jan lo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 1998
    Excellent! I've been looking for a new astromech droid! My last one kinda got fried in a dogfight...

3. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    I'm up for dinner after the movie!

4. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Say, what's all this talk about dinner after the movie? What happened to our bikini/thong discussion?

And SB, if you're not willing to wear the slave girl bikini under your costume, I just might be willing to wear it under mine. Put a whole new twist on the Luke/Leia relationship.
    What do you think?

5. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Bwahahahaha! Now that is funny... Disturbing, yet very entertaining at the same time...

6. Jan lo

Jul 25, 1998
    Luke... that's just... wrong. On so many levels. Don't make me tell your Dad what you just said!

7. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    now I'm worried about meeting these new people.

malkie = scared

I'll need a grown up to protect me !

malkie

8. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Gee, I had no idea that my wearing Leia's bikini under my Jedi garb would cause such an uproar amongst the masses! Now poor Malkie is scared to death to meet up with some of the new folk. Is it too late to say I was just joking? I'm really not at all THAT TYPE! Oh sure, I'm an actor and all, but I consider myself to be very down-to-earth and basically I just like to get a little outrageous at times and see how far I can go with people. That's all I wanted to say.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to get out of these heels, they're killing me!

9. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Don't let Malkie get to you; he scares easily!

;)

10. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    This sounds like fun. Can hardly wait! :) But I hope we don't get thrown out of the theater before the movie starts! [face_shocked] See j'all tomorrow. Dinner afterwards sounds great, I know a terrific Mongolian place. ;) :)

11. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Ok guys and gals, I'm signing off for a bit. Lot o' things to do! I'll be at the theater tomorrow at around 4:30 and will pick up our tickets. I'll look for you all near the entrance to the IMAX theater. Just look for the guy in the ROTJ Luke outfit WITHOUT a bikini on underneath!

Looking forward to seeing you all!!!

VK

12. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Anything but Mongolian, please! DO you know how many stray cats end up in Mongolian BBQ??? Neither do the customers!

13. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Ok this is the last posting before the show for me.i am up for dinner too! so count me in

14. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm a little bummed about the lack of a guy in Leia's bikini for today. I've seen it done. It's pretty funny. Horrifying, but funny.

See ya'll in a few hours....

15. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    hey folks

Just back from the first DC / MD meeting !
    It was great to meet some many new people from the boards !

I really enjoyed ATOC on the IMAX, it totally felt as if I was there !

Thanks again to Vaders Kid for getting the tickets and waiting for everyone to arrive. (excellent costume :) )

I look forward to more DC/MD things in the future

malkie

16. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Yes, a big thanks to Vaders_Kid for getting tickets. :)

17. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    yes, Bruce, you rock!!!

also, I had a great time afterwards talking to Isbeth and MuttandSolo! and I totally loved the George costume! very clever! hopefully we can get together again sometime. :)

18. Jan lo

Jul 25, 1998
    Cinnea - you wouldn't be talking about Slave Leia Spat, would you? :p

Bruce/VK, thanks again! I hope you didn't have too many tickets left over. I'll shake some cash off my three loser friends who didn't show, if you like.

19. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Let me echo a huge thanks to Bruce for getting the tickets!

I wish I had gotten there earlier so I could have socialized more. Stupid me. Anyway, I did have a good time afterwards at dinner, so all's well that end's well. :)

20. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    I'll try harder to come up with a more elaborate costume. But it works out pretty well, though simple.

EDIT: Just want to iterate my thanks to VK (Bruce) for his efforts at the event. I'm only sorry he had to stand around till the last minute waiting on people to show. I hope he wasn't stuck with too many tickets.

21. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Yes, I would be talking about Slave Spat. Which was even better than his Spatme ensemble at Shore Leave. It takes a brave man to pull it off. Kudos, I say!! Kudos!!

22. Jan lo

Jul 25, 1998
    Bleah! I say "put more clothes on" I didn't need to se that much body hair. Ever. :p Funny that he vetoed my idea for his next costume: Oola the Twi'lek dancer... ;)

23. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Perhaps because he wants to do it?

24. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Hey Guys!

Just wanted to say that it was really great meeting you all this past Saturday! And it was my pleasure getting the tickets for everyone. I was actually able to sell off most of the extra tickets so I was only left with a couple. Since Jan lo's friends didn't show, I'm afraid she's going to be stuck making it up to me. We'll have to discuss those details in private...

Again, great meeting you guys, and I look forward to the next time we can all hook up again. And Malkie, thanks for the compliment on my costume! Much appreciated.

See ya'
    VK

25. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Costumes were great and enjoyed meeting everyone at dinner and at the show. And did I mention the IMAX was great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.