1. The Jedi Council Forum Rules have been revised.

View the revisions here, and see the Communications thread for more details.

Knox, TN I may have to step down as CR for Knoxville

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Jar Jar, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Just to let you guys and gals know, I have been offered a job that pays much better than where I am, has benefits, is in a carrer I love, and is much closer to home (a mile or less). For all of these reasons I have accepted the job and I am now just going through the formalities of getting started. The problem is that the hours I work will be different all the time and there is a good chance that I will not be able to run meetings as a result.

I don't know anything exactly about what my schedule will look like, but just to put the word out now, there is a good chance that I will have to step down as CR well before March. To be honest I think this would likely be for the best because I feel like someone else would probably be in better touch with what this group needs in order to succeed and better able to get you guys more excited about FanForce, but that is a whole other story.

Like I said, it's all in the works right now, so as soon as I know what my job will be like I will let you all know.
  2. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, looks like everything has basically checked out, so seeing as I will pass my drug screen I will be working at my new job. I haven't started it yet, but I will be entering training and starting work this month. As I had suspected form my interveiw, my hours will vary from week to week, so I will be steeping down as CR for the Knoxville Chapter of Fanforce effective February 28, 2003.

A new CR will need to be elected to take my place or the chapter will have to be closed down until there is one. Whoever it is will need to have a weeknight free that they can have meetings on. Beyond that, it's just putting up meeting notices on here and wherever you want. I'll help whoever wants the position in any way I can, so any volunteers? ;)

I sure hope so because I would hate to see the FanForce chapter close over it..
  3. tennesseejedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    do you have anyone in mind Jar Jar who you think would make a good Knoxville rep?? i think you should have some say as to who you would like to take over for you. maybe noninations can be made here and voted upon at the next meeting?

--brett--
  4. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    That was the plan, but anybody that has been to a meeting can nominate any member or themselves if they wish. I personally have no preference on who I'd like to see take over. Honestly, I think just about anyone who has attended the meetings is qualified to do the job well.

Some may be able to handle more responsiblities than others, but that's what delegation is all about. Like I said before, I for one will help out the new CR any way I can, so ask and I will do my best, even if I cannot make it as often as I might like to meetings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.