main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey I may not have the heart left.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Satimber, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    keira, I know that you are new here.

Can't really tell if you are interested in joining the NJO or if you are a Troller.

But we in the NJO take our positions with some pride.

I am proud to be in this Fan Force. I am proud of the direction that we are going. I am not really concerned about getting in line for Ep. III.

I am proud to be associated with my fellow FF members. I do not want to let them down. And that is the path that I am on. That I could let them down.

2. keirabandwagon

keirabandwagon Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2003
    I'm no Troller. I'm very serious about SW, and I'm a proud New Jerseyan.

But I just have a low tolerance for drama.

No harm intended.

3. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    No offense intended keira, but I don't think its justified for you to come in here and start disrupting what has been a very rough time for the president of our Fan Force in recent weeks.

Firstly, you do not know any of us, nor have you formed the personal relationships that many of us have in the past 9 months. You have no right to complain about drama at all. And if you think this is drama, go check out Comms, that's drama. Everyone goes through tough periods, and our president is allowed to express it in here to his fellow Fan Force Members.

Secondly, we are all serious about Star Wars, but we don't talk about it 24/7/365. We have a variety of interests ranging from sports, books, Lord of the Rings, music and conoissoring.

I used to be Treasurer for the NJO until I had to step down because of my rigorous personal schedule. (College, Work, Travel, etc.) However, I still consider the people I met in this Fan Force my friends, and I don't think its right that you come in and enforce "Tough love." Life isn't like that. And if you fail to see that, that is a hindsight that needs to be corrected.

And this is not meant to be offensive, but just to show support for a good friend of mine.

Edit: Grammar

4. keirabandwagon

Sep 8, 2003
    what is Comms?

5. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Well put, Herb.

Keira, the New Jersey Order has been together for quite sometime now, and we've all formed a special friendship with one another. I too, like the rest of the NJO and other fan forces who know Shawn, care about him, and he's our friend. He's got the right to post his woes to a certain extent in here.

On the other hand, if you're such a "fan", then why haven't you joined us? I find it insulting that you will come and criticize a member before you would join us. I'm also insulted on the comment you made about "not getting early in line for Episode III." A fan would never say something to that extent to another fan.

And I won't tolerate anyone speaking to any of my friends like that. Got a problem with anything we say, contact a mod.

Thank you.

6. keirabandwagon

Sep 8, 2003
    OK, you're absolutely right...I've been completely out of line here and it's completely uncalled for...

Please accept my apologies, everyone, esp. Shawn...I didn't mean any harm. But I can see I caused some. This has gotten out of hand...

Not a really good way to introduce myself is it?

Anyway, I apologize profusely.

7. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Apologies accepted keira.

Please, by all means, let us not get distracted from what has occurred today.

Please introduce yourself to us.

I encourage you too. You will find us all very fun loving and friendly.

I am a bit of a grouch today because I have been sniffling and sneezing all day. medication is not working, so my attitude is a little out of line.

Comms is the Communications forum on the boards. It is the one place that the users can start things with full Moderator eyes to see.

So, let's start over.

keira, I am Shawn. Co-President of the New Jersey Order.

**time for dinner...Thanks keira, Herb & Marie[/b]**

8. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    I do what I can. I don't know why I'm not taking the LSATs to be a laywer? Oh because I enjoy business more. :p

Not a problem Shawn, just sticking up for you buddy.

9. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Herb...I thought that you were studying to be some type of lawyer. What happened? :p

10. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    You will find us all very fun loving and friendly.

Well, most of us are friendly. I'm the nasty bastard of the group. So be on your best behavior around me...otherwise you'll end up like Herb. And nobody in their right mind wants to have to live in PA.

11. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey GOA that hurt and I thought I was your drinking buddy!!!

:(

12. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    I only live in PA for 4 months of the year. Come on, I'm in NY for the rest of the year until May.

13. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    What's with the PA bashing!?!

14. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    PA went and forgot about us because we're all too broke for Dragoncon.

15. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    touche' Marie. :p

Well, the PA bashing stems from the fact that they are home to Philadelphia.

I personally hate Philly.

16. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I was there this weekend.

GHETTO.

17. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    Every city has its ghetto...and there's no counter-argument for that.

18. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    But Herb...Philly is nothing but Ghetto. :p

19. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey I had a room at Dragon Con and came to this very board and posted an invite to share my room with anyone here who was going.

So I did not just up and leave the NJO when I went to Dragon Con.

:p

;)

Now let's stop the fussing and get back to the lovin'...... ;)

20. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    but who was going to pay for the travel and the admission and the food?

21. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Exactly my point, Shawn.

22. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    :eek:

Hey I barely had enough for poor little me!!! [face_laugh]

Throw in a cute guy in a Boba Fett costume and we'll talk about next year. ;)

23. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    jk88 might be the only option then. :p

Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.

24. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Dave Matthews shows are more important to me than Dragoncon.

Wait, I didn't pay for my DMB shows....

25. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Sorry guys but I can't let you all get away with insulting my hometown. If you'd let a local show you around you would quickly see that Philly is not ALL Ghetto. And frankly, Shawn, if you hate Philly that much then why do you want to attend Philly Outer Rim's events? huh?? :p Gotcha on that one....

Philly has cleaned up a lot in the past 15 years. We have more four star restaurants per capita than NYC. All you have to do is look it up. We are THE place for new designers and famous couture designers to open up boutiques and shops.

Next time you choose to insult a city make sure you're not doing it publicly so that the natives can read it b/c they cruise your boards too.

You don't see me bashing Jersey and believe me I could say plenty. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.