main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey I may not have the heart left.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Satimber, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Thank you Jenni. Honestly, Philly isnt as bad as you all say. And considering I've spent the past 3 years up in New York, I've grown more appreciative of my hometown. So :p

2. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Hey...we spend our lives having our home state being bashed by everyone. Including residents. :p

Jenni, I look at spending time with new friends a little more important than the surroundings that I am in. ;)

Mostly, my bashing of Philly is mostly due to the Sports teams. But I have seen some bad parts of Philly.

Granted, Camden, Newark, Patterson, Irvington and a few other towns in Jersey are just as bad.

I will not deny it.

But honestly...I pretty much dislike city life.

I am a suburbanite.

3. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    The one part I went to in Philly last weekend, University City, was actually quite nice. My friend works for Penn and attended there, and he showed us Penn and whatnot...I did have a nice time when I was there.

Although I don't like Center City at ALL.

4. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Just a FYI, the Philly Outer Rim is based in King of Prussia, PA not Philadelphia.

Anyone who has been to KOP knows that it is a great place to spend all your money!! [face_laugh]

And after living in NJ for 25 years, I have plenty to say about living in the Pine Barrens!!! Don't even get me started on Pineys!! [face_laugh]

;)

5. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    King of Prussia = best spot to drop $300 in one day in the Philly metro area. :p

6. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Ok, my 2 cents time (grab a chair and a Snickers)

Philly, like any other major metropolitan area, has its good parts and bad. Living so close to NYC, I guess you become accustomed to the Good parts being a little BIGGER and further away from the bad parts. I have accoutns all around that burg, and I've seen alot of it. Germantown Pike in Chestnut Hill is my favorite.

NJO gets ALOT of beatin's because of the state's reputation. I happen to love the state I live in, and are happy when people bash it; GOOD! STAY OUT. We'll keep the shores, entertainment, skiing, camping, city life, etc. to ourselves. I KNOW that no one would be dumb enough to come on OUR boards and bash the Garden State. That would not be proper.
    I travel this great (eek) North East daily and can tell you that I am happy with where I live.

**DarthGyos's pro-NJ speech is over. He steps gracefully off his soap box**

I would like to invite the newcomer and all newbies to attend a meeting and see for yourselves that we are fun loving folks with a few things in common: The love of Star Wars, A passion for fine BBQ, and a hatred for GOA (Mike).

just kidding-

Later
    ~DG~

7. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    That's OK Gary. I know you're kidding.

Not everyone loves BBQ.

8. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    You forgot the love of alcohol (MIKE).

9. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Well I just figured that was a given. Especially for me. The NJ drunk.

10. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    **stands up and applauds**

To the Freedom of speech, good women and great beverages. ;) :p

11. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Mike is the official drunk of the NJO.

I'm second in command to Mike.....*laughs*

12. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    you guys are such lushes....

13. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Mike's the bigger lush. He works at a liquor store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.