main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I miss Massachusetts =(

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Lord Mauly Mall, Aug 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I have to agee with everyone who posted here,negative or positive feelings toward our beloved State and city.

Boston is a great city,it has beauty,charm,history.There are theartres,museums,and some of the greatest sports teams (and fans) in the Nation!!

But the down fall is, that its very over crowded(not that any major city isn't),the re-construction of the highway is taken way to long and costing way to much,The -T shuts down at 1:15am,(and for those of you that enjoy a night out on the town going to clubs and bars know that can be a hassle),Packies arent open on Sundays :mad: (unless you wanna drive up north and I usually dont have the time to do that before kick off during football season ;)),and they Tax everything!!

As for the car noise thing,I have to agree with Ed,but to an extent.Classic Muscle cars should be allowed to have loud pipes,but I dont agree about driving thru city neiborhoods tearing up the road.Save it for the highways and car shows.And yeah those rice burner sport cars do sound rediculous with loud mufflers.
    Now if you we're talking Bikes,I definately say loud pipes.Loud pipes save lives ya know ;)

BTW,Ed what kind of car are you fixing up??

2. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    that's why, as much as i think boston is cool, i love providence. big enough town but it's not overcrowded. you don't need a T because everything is within walking distance. plus from providence you can take a bus to virtually any point in the state. yay rhody.

but that's not to say i'm not looking forward to saturday :D

i also want to visit japan. random thought.

3. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Everywhere in Rhode Island is within walking distance. You can spit across that state ;)

4. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    You can walk anywhere in Boston to.But when ya live on the outskirts of town,its quite a journey on foot.I know I've done it.Not fun at all when ya been out all night.

5. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    and that's the way we likes it dave! :p

6. MaraJade75

MaraJade75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2002
    The massive contruction projects only add character.

-=quips=- "there is a large.. construction project of which you aware..can you supply the vessels?"

anyone who can place that quote and its speaker will win my undying respect.

and they Tax everything!!

hey be glad this isn't NY or Ireland...this irish girl came up to me today while I was working the register and told me that they pay 20% tax on clothes in Ireland...now that's ridiculous! and anyways...that's why we have NH...a state for the M*******s (or so those NH people like to call us) to abuse..

sidenote: I think we should annex Rhode Island...
    on second thought..no they would only bring us down.
    how about Maine?
    "Think what's to gain, if we take back Maine!" That can be the rallying cry.

7. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    awww but we have cawfee malk and grindaz! we would never bring you down. besides we're too independent and outright insane to be annexed without a proper fight.

8. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Even when Maine was part of MA, it was basically its own State.
    I doubt the Maine people and Rhode Island people would like it if we made them part of our state. It would be neat to unify NE, though...

9. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    New England, with the capital of Boston.

That would be cool, although it wouldn't happen in a million years.

Interesting sidenote. If you are ever driving through Boston with directions, throw them out the window cause chances are one of the roads/ramps you will be looking for won't exist anymore. Courtesy of the Big Dig of course...

10. MaraJade75

Jul 24, 2002
    alright people...go ahead, just crush my dream of annexation. -=sulks=-

11. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    The quote is from Shadows of the Empire. The Empire employing Xizor Transport Ltd. to carry cargo to the second DeathStar site.

12. MaraJade75

Jul 24, 2002
    -=grins=- Eric, I am thoroughly impressed! Like I promised you have earned my undying respect.

13. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Interesting sidenote. If you are ever driving through Boston with directions, throw them out the window cause chances are one of the roads/ramps you will be looking for won't exist anymore. Courtesy of the Big Dig of course...

Yeah its kinda like Black Hawk Down when there looking for the Crash site and every road is blocked.Its pretty useless gettng directions cause they change the detours every other day.

14. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    I'm something of a walking SF/Fantasy Encyclopedia. Though I admit, I have been stumped on more than one occasion.

15. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I'm fairly good too, but not as good as my Master. He is better by far. But if you need any info at all about the modern US Airforce and Navy and some info about World Airforces and Navy's then come to me!

16. MaraJade75

Jul 24, 2002
    how did you know what it was from? it's pretty obscure -just a line in a book...I only remember it because I used to fall asleep to the book on tape of Shadows of the Empire, which was incidentally very good.

17. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    He's full of surprises

18. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    I have a mind for trivial information. Unfortunately, it leaves little room for stuff like ability to do math...

19. Crix-Madine

Aug 7, 2000
  20. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    i just have a mind full of useless 80s references and sci-fi trivia. if the last time i read "shadows" wasn't 6 years ago i'd probably have recognized the quote.

as for the math...er...thats why i went to art school! :p

21. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    And thats why I'm becoming a hobo :)

22. Crix-Madine

Aug 7, 2000
    That's why I'm NOT taking a math class my senior and last year of high school! :D

23. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    i didn't take math or history my senior year of high school. it was quite liberating. despite what they tell you, you don't really use math in "the real world" other than what you can do with a calculator...

24. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Inless your a math teacher! :p

I can't wait for my US history class this year. I love easy As :D

25. MaraJade75

Jul 24, 2002
    hey calculus comes in handy for an economics major and in the field of business in general...

then there's engineering...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.