main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA I MISS MY FETT!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AKAI_FETT, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    I found some pics of my ROTJ Fett Costume. But need to find the one with me and the whole thing assembled. Check the flicks. I Sold it to by my Canon Xl 1s.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73543598@N00/

2. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Oh man, that kind of sucks that you had to sell it :( So was it something that you assembled (found someone who made the belts, found the helmet, etc.) or did you put together the helmet, form you armor, and sew the jump suit yourself?

- Kay Dee

3. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    I made all the armor and my mom did the suit. Jetpack, gauntlets and bucket were all in kit form and I did all the painting.I loved that suit.I went to 5 halloween parties that week as Boba Fett. People loved it. Some drunk lady almost broke my jet pack. She started to fall when she was taking a picture with me and used my rocket as something to hold on to. So I knocked he hand away. She ended up falling. That's what she gets boba fett is no gentleman, so I had to stay in character. But that was the most uncomfortable week of my life in that suit. But i do miss it.

Some day I will make another. I still have armor and gauntlets....

4. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Great work! I'm glad you still have some pieces ;) I have respect for Sintra armor since I spent quite a few days molding, filling and sanding my own piece on a recent project. The Boba Fett web sites/message boards were a huge help.

Man, I always dread the drunken accident at a party. You are right, she deserved to fall rather than ruin your jet pack! Lucky for you it was in character to push her hand away.

- kay dee

5. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    Yeah, she got it!
    Are you speaking of thedentedhelmet.com ?

I love this site. Better than Ebay for me.

6. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I think there was a message board off of dented helmet that had some good advise on using a heat gun to make compound curves with sintra. There is also a general page with tips on how to sand and paint sintra that was really well outlined at skaines.com

My result is this headband curved to fit my head and awaiting paint & rub-n-buff :)

[image=http://kay-dee.net/costumes/padme_family/head/styrene-top.jpg]

I hope it will look something like this once painted

[image=http://kay-dee.net/costumes/padme_family/head/headband_natalietop.jpg]

7. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    Looks flippin' awsome! Is this for Comic Con?

8. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Uh, it was gonna be for comic con. But I'm behind schedule on making the shirt and the decorative resin clips that will have to go on the shirt. I hope the shrit doesn't take me as long as the skirt did, then I'm screwed.

I have not given up yet though!

- kay dee

9. jedizoe

jedizoe Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    I must say that fett suit was AWSOME!!! you NEEEEDDD to mak it again!! :mad: and thats an Order!! who ever has that suit now is very happy and lucky!!:D

10. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    Great Job Kathy!

11. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    Someday. I have been itch'n to make one for a while again. We'll see. My next move is Bespin Lando.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.