main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph I Must Be The Only Person Who Doesn't Like...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Narutakikun, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    James Bond. Dislike the films and the character, although the Craig films are somewhat better.

Frank T. likes this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Nutella and Elvis.

Frank T. likes this.
  3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah tunick , you completely missed the point of the patton oswalt thing. it wasn't that it was a "really awesome!!!11!!11" idea for episode vii, it was that he was supposed to fill eight minutes talking about anything and that's what came out of his mouth. obviously it was completely ridiculous, but it was all off the top of his head and kind of brilliant, and if the part about a grizzled han solo walking in and dropping chewbacca's head on the ground didn't make you laugh i don't know what to tell you.

4. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    What Yanni said.

Anyway, as far as being the only person who doesn't like something, for me it's Led Zeppelin. My entire life I've tried to like them but I just don't. I'm sorry.

Edit: Also, for the Patton Oswalt thing...

[​IMG]

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like Nutella but I can't stand Elvis either. He was an egomaniac and an ***hole and his music really wasn't that good. I'll never understand the hype.

6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    tom: I got the fact that he was riffing... it simply wasn't that funny in my opinion.

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Nutella's gross. I can't eat that crap.

8. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    I hate cold water. I prefer it lukewarm

9. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Me either.

10. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    I'm adding potato chips.

11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    At least they had the sense to put Wolverine in it. This film is gonna be great!

12. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Monty Python. Every message board I visit seems to have a huge number of fans, but I'm like, WTF, this is pretty lame.

Oh, and I hate Rush too. Rush and The Who. Blech.

13. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    rush is pretty good, all told.

Frank T. likes this.
  14. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Re: NewWho, I liked most of the Eccleston season, but several stories into the Tennant era, I got tired of the whole "lonely, lovelorn, angst-ridden Doctor" thing (which admittedly started during Eccleston's tenure). To paraphrase Bill Corbett, the show lost me. It lost me, and it ran away without me. I've tried to watch it since, but I have trouble getting into it.

Of course, given the sometimes-poloarizing nature of Whovian fandom, I realize I'm not alone in this. In addition, I started watching the show when Tom Baker was on, so I guess it understandable I'm having trouble adjusting.

Oh, and I guess I'm one of the few who don't like either the new "Battlestar Galactica" or "Firefly/Serenity". The former lost me forever with the murder of an infant and ripping off the Starfleet Prefix Code in the pilot, and I preferred the latter when it was called "Blake's 7", before it was hailed as Joss Whedon's "unique vision of the future". And the whole "teen angst" genre, in all its permutations, leave me cold.

15. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Dr. Who
    Alice in Wonderland
    James Bond (except for the one 007 N-64 game where you could face a friend and you'd just run around blowing each other up)
    Onion rings
    Butter, margarine, or the way they smell

16. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    The Dark Knight. Yes that's right, the second one.

*runs away*

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Beyonce.

Ugh.

18. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    This is pretty normal, actually. In part, that's because there's not even a "character" so much as a mish-mash of male juvenile fantasies. Basically the only two components are killing people and having sex.

Personally, I don't actively dislike most of the series, but I fail to see the deep appeal that some apparently find in the whole thing.

Life likes this.
  19. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Quentin Tarentino.

Seriously....I used to LOVE Pulp Fiction and Res Dogs...................then I grew up, lived an interesting life, saw Kill Bill, Deathproof, Inglorious and now Django...........and now, I feel like I dont even know me anymore. That person who used to love his films is completely gone. I can't stand his movies anymore. Im sick of all the dialogue and all the Tarantino-isms.....The movie that KILLED my once blind devotion to him was Deathproof.......god that was so terrible.......like so bad....Kill bill was the beginning of the end, it was okay, but terrible too..........

Drac39 and Sith-Lord-Gunray like this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I didn't dislike it, but it was my least favorite of the Nolan Batman films. Dark Knight Rises was better.

Bane is a far more interesting villain than the Joker.

*ducks*

21. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Wow....

Thats interesting. I always assumed that the Joker played by Heath Ledger was universally acclaimed. Care to elaborate as to why? I am curious...

Thanks

22. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Ledger's portrayal of The Joker has to be one of the most mesmerizing performances by anyone, anywhere, at any time (stage/theater, film, television, in any country).

Drac39 and Juliet316 like this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I found him to be more of a one-dimensional villain. OK, his father was abusive so he went nuts. I needed a little more, as many people with abusive parents do not end up just "wanting to watch the world burn."

With Bane, I liked the connection with Batman Begins and Liam Neeson's character, and by extension with Bruce Wayne himself.

Nothing against Heath Ledger, who was a more compelling Joker than Jack Nicholson.

24. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    It's not the story that made him compelling-- it was Ledger himself. As someone who is borderline obsessed by people's energy, I think Ledger was in a different universe from most people for The Dark Knight. For me, there's no difference between Ledger and the character he played. There is a difference, of course, but it's mostly relevant for how the character allowed Ledger to tap into something in himself.

Drac39 likes this.
  25. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    So you finally saw TDK? :p