main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson I Need a Emitter!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by PowermanX4, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PowermanX4

PowermanX4 Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2005
    I'm building a lightsaber for my next Fan Film coming up, and I'm in the process of building my lightsabers. I'm almost done with one that is the same style as Obi-Won Kenobi's and Luke Skywalker's sabers. The problem is that I can't find an "emitter"
    that looks like theirs. I know the real part is from an airplane, but it's to hard to find and probably very expensive. I know that "Parksabers" sells one, but it's 40 bucks and I'm not sure if ill get it by Holloween. (here is what it looks like)

http://www.parksabers.com/mk3flange_part.html

Does anyone know where I can find somthing like this? If you have AIM please contact me, my screen name is "PowermanX4"

Thanks...

2. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    the spindle from a PC hard drive also looks something like that (the top of the emitter), maybe you can use one of those from a "dead" hard drive.

3. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I don't know much about this subject like the guys do.. but is it possible to use two pieces to make the piece you want... seems the lower half would be easy to find..and then find a round disc piece that matches with the holes around it... just broadens the field on what you have to be looking for.. which is either easier or harder.. depending on how you look at it.

but I really have no idea what looks like that.. hopefully you can find what Hal mentioned.

4. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I know its not authentic, but it would get you through Halloween, but how about picking up a Rubies Vader lightsaber sold int he costume section, it is more in scale than the basbro light ups ,and cheap

5. WookieWallaby

WookieWallaby Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    PX4, you've probably already thought about all these options, but on the off chance you haven't, here's my two-cents worth. The part you're looking for obviously fits on a shaft, so you could try either an electric motor/gas engine parts store. I tend to doubt that it is an auto part, but I could be wrong.

Other shaft ideas; the part looks too heavy-duty to be part of a bicycle(might want to check, anyway), perhaps a motorcycle part? Or you could check out hobby shops that specialize in remote control planes and cars. Some of those RC planes are big enough they could use a part like that for the prop.

Or here's something that sounds off the wall; an irrigation parts store. They have a plethora (what a great word!) of different designs in sprinkler heads, most of the parts are made out of a hard plastic, and you may find something similar in design that you could easily adapt.

Just remember that while this advice is free, I hope it proves to be of value to you.

6. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    A friend of mine did this:

He bought 2 Darth Vader Force Fx Lightsabers
    2 Luke Skywalker Force Fx Sabers
    2 Anakin Skywalker Force Fx Sabers
    2 Mace Windu Force Fx Sabers
    he kept one of each saber intact:then he proceded to cut the blades off of the others, making a canon Lightsaber belt hanger. they are the proper size..and to buy a replica hilt you will pay 300+ each...so I though it was a good idea...just painfull to watch. [face_worried]

7. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    WORD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.