main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I need a lyricist (fun comp)

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by halibut, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    As some of you may or may not know, I'm writing a pantomime to be performed this Christmas. I'm writing the script as well as original songs (If you don't know what a pantomime is, you're probably American :p It's a play of a well known fairytale - in this case Cinderella - for a family audience with lots of jokes, slapstick, songs, comedy, and men dressed as women (known as the dame))

There are several types of song I'm writing, but I'm hopeless at lyrics - which is where you guys come in. At the end of this post, there's a link to an MP3 of the chorus of the main love song. This particular song is a "power ballad", and it's supposed to be your bog-standard type of love song.

What I'd like you guys to do is have a listen and write some words for it. Simple as that! What I hope to do is pick the person I think does the best job and collaborate with them throughout the next few months on this and other songs. This isn't to say that this would be the only person I work with. There are different styles of songs to do, so I could easily end up working with several of you!

So have a listen to this MP3, get some ideas, and try and come up with a chorus. There are no rules or suggestions. I don't even have a title for this song. It's just your basic run-of-the-mill love song. The only limit is your imagination!

I look forward to reading what you talented bunch come up with!!

http://www.fanforce.co.uk/halibut/lovesong.mp3

2. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    If you find it tough to fit in words to the tune, I'd also greatly appreciate it if you could come up with some verses as well. I've not written a tune for the verse yet, so for those, you really can come up with whatever you want!

3. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Something I forgot to say, this song is a duet between Cinderella and Prince Charming. But the chorus will be sung together (in harmony)

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'll give this a go, next week, when I might have a small chance of having a life again.

5. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Hey, I might give this a try! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.