main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I need a new SW game

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth-Ryan, Mar 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Ryan

Darth-Ryan Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2004
    I've beat Knight of the Old Republic a couple of times and i love that game, but its getting boring now. (And I beat Clone War, came free with my XBOX, in a day.)

I was wondering which of the other Star War games are any good

I rented Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and i thought it sucked compared to KOTOR

But the others:
    Star Wars Galaxies(PC)
    Obi Wan(XBOX)
    Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy(XBOX)

which one should i choose?

2. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    there will be a kotor soon i hope .

dont waste your money on obi wan . its lame . unless your like me and have to have every star wars title .

i played outcast and that was cool . i havent had a chance to pick up jedi acadamy yet .

3. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    If the JO's style of gameply didn't appeal to you, then JA's won't either. But I suggest you rent Jedi Academy and/or Obi-Wan and give them a try. Don't forget the price tag that comes with Galaxies also.

¤Night

4. Stark_Rhavyn

Stark_Rhavyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2003
    You also have Jedi Starfighter.
    I haven't played it because I ain't got a Xbox but I would if I could since I love SW flight sims.

5. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    I need a new SW game

Go buy one. [face_plain]

-Mace-

6. Mara

Mara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 1999
    Of those games you mentioned the one I like best is Galaxies, but I'm not sure you're interested in paying the monthly fee.

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Get X-Wing Alliance nice & cheap.

8. MasterKingsama

MasterKingsama Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2003
    may i suggest the snes star wars games, great fun...

9. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
    Galixies is cool if you dont try to master it in a friggin week. ;)

-Mace-

10. obi-wankenobiben

obi-wankenobiben Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Buy Jedi Outcast, you won't regret it.

11. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Get X-Wing Alliance nice & cheap.

Or...TIE Fighter! The greatest game ever.

12. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
    I lost my TIE fighter disc. :(

-Mace-

13. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    X-Wing Alliance.

Great storyline and hours of entertainment.

14. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Yeah, Alliance is great, if you like sims.

Academy is good, Galaxies is good if you're a big enough fan, and you need both Starfighters...they're really good.

15. Darth-Ryan

Mar 20, 2004
    Thanks, ive been readin gup on Galaxies and im gonna go buy it tonight. I don't mind the subscription fee...$15 isn't too bad per month, cheaper if you buy more than one month a time. I just want a RPG game that makes have to think and take a while to beat it. And I love internet games, i played Diablo and Diablo 2 for years, as well as Starcraft, Warcraft III.

Clone War was fun, i liked piloting the fighter. But the fun didn't last too long, and playing a second time was just boring.

And there is one quest i could not figure out...on Korriban, how do I get to the planter surface, there is a tunnel in the caves. I suspect it is related to the prisoner and trying to extract information about the weapons cache, but i haven't been able to do that.

Is there going to be a sequel to KOTOR?

16. obi-wankenobiben

obi-wankenobiben Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Yes, There will be a KOTOR 2.

17. R2_Tech_Force_D2

R2_Tech_Force_D2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2003
    Yep...the sequal is coming :)

Supposedly EGM is going to have a big feature on it, in there next issue. They are claiming that its an exclusive first preview. But im not sure if this includes websites as well as print mags.

Its a safe bet that quite a bit will be shown on the game at E3 so keep your eyes peeled on the game sites in May :)

18. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    I just want a RPG game that makes have to think and take a while to beat it.

Well, that possibly could or couldn't be Galaxies. A lot of the stuff you do in it doesn't require too much thought, and there really is no "beating" it. I suppose accomplishing whichever profession you want could be your own personal victory though.

And there is one quest i could not figure out...on Korriban, how do I get to the planter surface, there is a tunnel in the caves. I suspect it is related to the prisoner and trying to extract information about the weapons cache, but i haven't been able to do that.

The planet surface? I'm confused. There's like five ways to get the temple site, is that what you mean?

19. Darth-Ryan

Mar 20, 2004
    No, not by the Tombs, (I already beat game, so i would have had ot gone in them.) Im talking about in the caves where the students that ran away are. They ask you to kill the beast on the bridge, there is a tunnel that the student run into, but it won't let me , it says something like the surface is an inhospitial place or something. Sorta like the East Dune Sea before you have the map, it won;t let me go there.

20. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Oh, there's nothing out there anyway. Just pick up the Qel-Droma robes and head out. :D

21. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I rcomend you SW "The droid army " if you have Game Boy Advance , if you don't have it take Episode One "Phantom Menace" or "Force Commander" or "Galctic Battlegrounds Clone Campaign" or when the two other games are ready "Battlefront" and "Republic Commando" .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.