main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx I need good thoughts - UPDATED - Friday, March 5

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by jada_marnew, Feb 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackfeather

blackfeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    say the word. if i'm in a bad enough mood, i'll ******g |<1LL the b17c|-|.

will accept contracts for a 24 pack. :mad:

2. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Blackfeather! I didn't know you cared! ;) 8-}

For this I'll permanently put away the glitter! :D

3. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    That's ok - I have 2 teenage girls at my house right now... they have more glitter between them than the sahara has sand... heh heh heh... [face_devil]

4. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    WoooHoooo!!! Glitter party!!! :D

5. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    and now if I can just get rid of the insomnia!

6. Ima_princess

Ima_princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2003
    Hmm, glitter and insomnia. Sounds like a SLUMBER PARTY to me!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Glitter is shiny and fun. Plus, you can put it on Choad and or Blackfeather and see what happens! Did I tell you that glitter is shiny and oh so glittery!

7. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    As an update:

The neighbor has contacted the management company of the HOA and said if I drop the injunction she'll let me raise the wall.

I guess she doesn't understand that the injunction was not a tool to force her hand. I'm not being blackmailed into backing off. Without that injunction she is free to harass me.

8. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I dont know the laws down there but in colorado its illegal to use any form of leverage/intimidation/bribe to remove a restraing order.

9. Commander_Choad

Sep 11, 2002
    I think it is here too... I'll ask choadsgirl when I get a chance...

This could really get interesting...

heh heh...

10. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    OK, after getting off phone with Choad I talked with Grammie and the management company said something about sending a letter to us about this. It should arrive tomorrow. When it does, I'm going to call the police so they have the written evidence.

Thanks all for your support and love.

11. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    If the cops ask for the letter, give them a copy.The original should never leave you.

12. Tigrrl

Tigrrl Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2003
    You're going to be okay.

If it makes you feel any better to know this, there are just some cr@ppy people out there who make lousy neighbors.

One guy who lived across from us in Ohio used to tuck notes under the windshield wipers of peoples' cars asking them to not park there. Never mind that it was a high-density neighborhood and few of the places had driveways or garages.

He also threatened to shoot my cat and called the police. A real charmer. We called the police, too.

I have to say, though. She knew he didn't like her and I think she probably went over and ripped up his flower beds and peed under his window just to tick him off. She would do that. She became an inside cat again for her own safety, like it or not.

I pray to the gods of Housing Associations and Neighborliness that this works out pleasantly. ;)

13. blackfeather

blackfeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    well, i am filled with hate and rage, and any outlet that offers even a modicum of justification and friends willing to provide an alibi (HINT HINT) can't be taken lightly.

[face_devil]

14. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    Tigrrl, you must have had one smart cat!

IB, tanks!

Blackfeather, you do care!

Love to all of you! [face_love]

15. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    Just got the letter from the management company. I have been told by them I should lift the restraining order.

Well I've got quite alot to say about that but I won't make any more work for Sideshow and Void.

16. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Show the letter to the police... That should make for some interesting play between the two agencies [face_devil]

Is this an "incorporated" part of Tucson?

17. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    Oro Valley, Town of . . .

18. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Does it fall under the jurisdiction of a specific municipality? Any city will do... I say this because, a precedent was recently set up in Colorado (and it holds in federal courts) that the City/County (depending on the COunty) Govt. may override any policy/mandate by an HOA that it deems "not in the public interest." In this particular case it involved our recent drought conditions and the HOA determination that there must be 90% grass in landscaping (thus increasing the amount of water needed to be consumed to adhere to their standards of care for said landscaping). City of Ft. Collins and the County told the HOA to go suck some dust in regards to 2 residents xeriscaping plans. :)

Also, HOA's cannot mandate or regulate anything pertaining to civil liberties or a criminal action. Those things fall soley into the jurisdiction of your local law enforcement agency. They may try to apply pressure to you to rescind a lawful order of protection, but they have no right, nor recourse in such cases. They like to think they can control everything in that area, but if they wish to continue to enjoy the protection of your local police/sheriff's dept. they will get off their high-horse and tow the line. :D

However, my biggest suggestion would be to speak w/ the ADA/officer's who helped you w/ the protection order about what they would recommend... And then talk to a lawyer... I know they are scum sucking, slim ridden filth, but this is their turf. :)

19. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    It was a magistrate who did it.

This whole thing has put me on an emotional rollercoaster. Just ask Void. He's voicemail got an earful.

thanks Zoo.

20. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    I just got finished with the police because the neighbor called the police on me accusing me of making comments to her. All I did was go out my garage, see her, go back in and get back bag with the Injunction in it, come back out, close the garage door and say "Lord bless her". I walked up the street with iceobel and was saying "You're going to see Tonie (Dogme's friend). I worked for my friend for about 1/2 hour and we get a call from my mom saying the police were there.

After hearing my "side" of the story they said they couldn't violate her but they were going to investigate and pass it on to the prosector.

I'm in a corner and I don't like it.

21. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    the person is nuts...send in the psychiatric investigators...now.

22. Commander_Choad

Sep 11, 2002
    they said they couldn't violate her

Of course not, you're in Tucson, not Los Angeles... :D
    heh heh... reminds me of an OLD old joke from right before the LA riots in 92 -

Have you heard the new slogan for the LAPD?

'Come to Los Angeles, and be treated like a King'

23. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    Frag Tucson

24. JaiSin_Tam

JaiSin_Tam Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2003
    Hmmm, now is the time for some premeditated self-defense! ;-)

Actually, you seem to be following the right path. Keep your paperwork at hand. Follow the letter of the law (as it pertains to you.) and avoid all possible contact with the woman.

Don't speak around her. Period. Even the small-voice, whispered blessings can get you in trouble, or at least switch the focus onto you, instead of on her.

Trust your instincts (many people ignore their inner voice) and keep protection close at hand. (Preferably, the nasty smelly, burny incapacitating spray type, and not the gunpowder burning type of final protection.)

Remember, you ALWAYS have the right to protect yourself. Nobody can take that right away. Be smart, be cool and stay tough. You shall prevail!

25. JeddleMaster

JeddleMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.