main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx I need good thoughts - UPDATED - Friday, March 5

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by jada_marnew, Feb 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Personally I'd prefer the sharp slicing type or the gunpowder burning type myself, but to each his own decision on how seriously they take their own safety and that of their family, especially with a defined threat nearby

2. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    As the whirlwind passeth, so is the wicked no more; but the righteous is an everlasting foundation.
    Proverbs 10:25

sigh, I love my friends because they stick with me.

3. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    Right!

That's what super glue is for!! 1001 uses, now 1002...

[face_devil] :D

4. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    I thought that was what duct tape was for??? :confused:

8-}

5. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    No, duct tape just holds the universe together. ;) Super glue is for everything else.

6. JaiSin_Tam

JaiSin_Tam Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2003
    From 'Mick:
    "Personally I'd prefer the sharp slicing type or the gunpowder burning type myself, but to each his own decision on how seriously they take their own safety and that of their family, especially with a defined threat nearby "

Now I know why you and Void are together. ;-) Same mindset. (A compliment, trust me. He was one of the rare people that I totally trusted at the FLARP!)

Actually, I DO take family protection VERY seriously. If you don't believe me, ask Void. He knows how long it took for me to get divorced and how weird/wacky/mental my ex was. (Many, sad and scary stories, none for the telling here.)I'm very protective of my daughter and son.

My advise concerning the lack of sharp or gunpowder defense came directly from the law enforcement personnel I work with. To carry a handgun around does require some special paperwork and money. It also raises some very itensive questions from the side of the law.
    Carrying a large knife is less work, but most people don't have the training to use a knife safely and efficently. Hence, the indirect mention of the pepperspray. When used correctly, it incapacitates at a distance and is non-lethal. That seemed the optimum choice for the "example"

I'm very curious as to how this will turn out and I look forward to future updates. Stay tough, stay cool!

7. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I pity the person that tries to enter Chez Dancer.... Or Chez ZOO for that matter [face_plain] [face_devil] [face_mischief]

/goes and checks on the arsenal and the ammo, just in case/ :D

8. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    I pity the fool who messes with Dogme ;)

9. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    OK, yesterday we got a call from the fence person. He will be here today and should be installing the fence we will need to pass the final inspection on Friday.

Next week should be the final inspection. Then the pool gets plastered (don't worry, it will have a designated driver) and water will go in! :D

Then, the fun begins. Can you say party party party?? :D

PFF in the pool!

10. Daikon

Daikon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    I realize you have a heater, but it's still a bit cold for us desert rats. ;)

-D-
    or is that all part of your plan to trap us in the pool? :p

11. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    My evil plans had been discovered! 8-}

12. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    I just got home to finding out that the police called here this morning and ordered us to the town prosecutor's office. My mother went as I wasn't here.

Apparently, the police will not respond to any phone calls from either party unless they involve physical assault.

And apparently, mediation is being ordered.

I have told my mom to selling the house. But she says she can't right now and that moving is just going to let this woman win.

I don't care . . . let her win . . . I don't need this anymore

13. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Er? :confused: [face_shocked] :confused:

*big hug for jada*

14. JaiSin_Tam

JaiSin_Tam Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2003
    OK, I'm a bit confused...

What happened in the meantime for the police to throw up their hands? Multiple calls from both parties?

Have you spoken to a lawyer yet? Selling out can not be the best option and you need to know the exact limitations of mediation before you go down that path. Again, don't give up hope, but batten down the hatches.

15. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    I have called the police 1 time in almost a year.

I am planning to email my attorney and asking his advice.

But this may just be the straw that breaks the camel's back and makes me move to Phoenix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.