main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I need help describing an alien species!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by jedi_bounty, Jul 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_bounty

jedi_bounty Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    Ok, I found a species called the Andalese in the Unofficial Encyclopedia and I want to use it in my fic. The description was...

Andalese this near-human race is characterized by small, pointed horns on their heads and symbiotic grafts which attach to their skin.

My question is, what are symbiotic grafts? Does anybody know if there are pictures of this species anywhere?

Thanks for any help!

JB

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    By its definition alone, symbiotic grafts means that there is some other lifeform/organism grafted to their skin. I'm afraid I've never heard of them though, so I don't have any pictures.

3. emimar

emimar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2003
    I know. Same here. I've never heard of them either!

4. jedi_bounty

Jul 26, 2002
    Thank you Spikeand emimar. I'd never heard of it either, but then I found it the species in the Unofficial Encyclopedia and thought it sounded cool.

Thanks again!

JB

5. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Hey jedi_bounty, why don't you just do a free lance description of them? Take a few blank pieces of paper, a pencil and lots of markers and have fun. Just because somebody else invented them doesn't mean you can't changed them. (That's what I do when i find something neat without description, I make up my own...)

lol

6. jedi_bounty

Jul 26, 2002
    Thank Calandria! That's a good idea. Only problem, I have absolutly no artistic ability. :( Well, guess I can imagine it...

JB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.