main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I need help!!!! Got my galactic passport but cannot attend untill 1:30

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by TheDarthVader, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    I really, really need help. I have my Galactic Passport, but cannot attend the event untill 1:30. As a result, I will miss the first few stamps. Without all the stamps, I will not be able to get into the EpIII showing.

Can somebody help me out. I have e-mailed UCI and they have said, I will need all the stamps to see EPIII.

2. MattZitron

MattZitron Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2005
    Ok,

I can imagine that if you are friendly to a member of the UCI staff, they may just stamp them all for you. Or you could just take your seat and not move.

3. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    friendly ehh, i better make make myself look good.

I hope that would work, it just might be too risky.

4. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    i don't know exactly how you could resolve that short of letting someone watch the OT for you and then giving you the passport back at lunchtime. however they may not give it back if they get a craving for the prequels

5. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    i know, if only i could find someone i could trust, or someone who already has a passport.

6. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    i don't know how someone with a passport could help, if they're being strict they would probably notice that you were getting two passports stamped. they're probably on the look out for this because they don't want people just coming in for ROTS

7. Parm

Parm Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2005
    I have a very very crazy question.

They've said that, if people don't attend all 5 old films, then won't get to see the new one in the evening.

Therefore...
    One has to be there at 7am to watch A New Hope, if they're not, they're not going to get to see Revenge of the Sith, and arguably won't watch any of the others either.

Soooooo...
    Would it be a crazy idea for someone like me, who hasn't yet got tickets, and is looking for 2, to hang around at the Empire at 7 in the morning hoping that some people don't show.
    Would they then sell any empty seats?

A desperate, desperate man,
    Parm
    lol

8. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    They might not enforce the rule on the day - so they are trying to get as many people to show up at 7am rather than 90% of the people just turning up for ROTS.

Where is the guy that works for UCI ? he should know.

9. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    Soooooo...
    Would it be a crazy idea for someone like me, who hasn't yet got tickets, and is looking for 2, to hang around at the Empire at 7 in the morning hoping that some people don't show.
    Would they then sell any empty seats?

I've been thinking the same thing, but I doubt they would resell any tickets, even if people didn't turn up. Your best bet if you were there at 7am would be to try and find a scalper outside. Would probably be cheaper than ebay.
    BTW, TheDarthVader, I sent you a pm.

10. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    i think it was said way back in the thread that they weren't reselling any voided tickets (bought off ebay etc), this might apply for no-shows. i can't remember if that was an official source though so that may be rubbish

11. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    They will not re-sell tickets because even if you dont go in at 7am, you can still see any of the other current films, just not ROTS. I very much doubt they will start selling tickets just for ROTS, Fox have instructed UCI not to do this.

To Darth Homer - good idea, i will email you / PM you later.

12. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    I'd like to know what they'd say if you just turned up and said you'd never heard anything about having to see all six films.

13. Jazzatola

Jazzatola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    I don't doubt your good intentions but the event is meant to be about seeing all six films. If you know you can't make it then I'd suggest passing your ticket onto someone who can. Then you could use the money to get a ticket to the NSPCC charity screening of ROTS the next day.

14. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    Hmm, I didn't know there would be a charity screening the next day. Now I'm even more uncertain about what to do.

15. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    There's a charity showing on the 18th.

Didn't know they'd announced the charity or put them for sale though!

Not sure what to say about the marathon Vader, if you have a good reason you can try talking to them real nicely on the day, but it's risky. Even if UCI were ok with it Fox might not be, and if they have any presense on the day it could be a problem.

16. Jazzatola

Jazzatola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    According to this thread there's a charity screening on the 17th too. Tickets are a rather modest £45 each.

17. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    How many times in one week can a simple man attend a screening

18. Parm

Parm Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2005
    Should anybody decide they can't make it, and feels the need to pass on their ticket...*hint hint*...feel free to contact me lol.

19. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    apart from matt zitron and darth homer (only their ideas have been helpful to me), has anyone else got any other good ideas that could help me.

20. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    I'm guessing you have an exam on the 16th? If that is the case, then maybe you could e-mail UCI and see what they say....

Otherwise, their e-mail does say that there'll be plenty of people around the cinema to stamp passports, so if you can find someone to get your passport stamped for you that should be possible....maybe!

21. EdZed

EdZed Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    There's a reasonably high chance you'll get turned away, I'm afraid. CALL the Empire.

22. Si_Snootles

Si_Snootles Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2003
    The DarthVader, I know its not ideal, but if you can't attend, I'd be happy to buy it off you!

23. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I would suggest someone getting it stamped for you, I am attending the primiere so will be outside all day, if you want I can try and get it stamped for you

24. lukestarkiller1977

lukestarkiller1977 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    J - are you actually going to the premiere? or hovering (stalking hehehehe :p ) outside?

25. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    lol I wish I had tickets, I am hovering around outside the odeon ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.