main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I need help in starting a COLUMBIA SC fanforce group

Discussion in 'Archive: Charleston, SC' started by jedigolfer, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedigolfer

jedigolfer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2002
    I have had little success with forming a Columbia Chapter. We had a scheduled meeting in the pat but I missed it due to an invite for a professional golf tournament I have had little success in putting together any more meetings. Any suggestions would be helpful.

2. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Well, I wish I could say we've had better luck, but we haven't.

The last meeting I had, nobody showed up. Then when I asked about other possible meeting dates or time, I got two responses.

We have a meeting this Saturday in North Charleston at 6:30 at Barnes and Noble in North Charleston, Rivers Ave,Across from Northwoods Mall. We'll see who show's up.

It is hard over the summer as people are on vacation, etc. Usually if you can center it around an event you may get more attendees. Such as a meeting before a popular movie such as LOR or Harry Potter if one comes out this fall. Alot of times you can have a meeting at an eating establishment right before the movie then everyone go together to see the movie. This seems to work for alot of groups. Alot of groups have meetings a paintball or some kind of entertainment complex.

Seems like you have to have something else to do than just a meeting to get people to come.

If I figure out what it is, I'll let you know. Your certainly welcome to come and hang with us until we can get your group together! Depending on what side of Columbia you are on, it's maybe a 70 minute drive to this particular Barnes and Noble so let me know and I'll give you directions.

Janet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.