main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

!!! I NEED HELP WITH MY NEW MOVIE !!!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by PwrOfTheForce, Jul 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PwrOfTheForce

PwrOfTheForce Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2004
    Hi!
    I'm a 14 year old dude trying to make my way with movies. I'm creating a REALLY GOOD new starwars movie. It IS a fanfilm I mean it will be on Starwars.com I presume and I'm assuming it will be done by August. Maybe right when August starts.
    Anyways The movie is called THE RISING SITH and I have the scripts ready to be shown to ANYONE for the 1ST Chapter of this movie. I thought maybe splitting up the movie into 4 chapters to make it interesting.
    The 1st chapter WILL be released by august the way I'm working on it now. With more help, I'll have it done maybe by the End of July.

-Pwr

2. Darth_Brad03

Darth_Brad03 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Remember this?

Click

3. Sith-Lord_James

Sith-Lord_James Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2003
    ^Heh.

He has a point.

4. FigChrystie

FigChrystie Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    Dude, what to say.

Ah...um.

I'm glad you're enthusiastic! What the indie community needs is gung-ho guerrilas.

But I'd be beyond surprised if any of these chapters gets made. You're not being realistic about it, I think.

Start by getting a crew. And some actors. And shoot a short film, see how it treats ya. Maybe just a duel in the forest or something.

160 minutes of film isn'r gonna happen just like that. *Snaps*

5. Sith-Lord_James

Sith-Lord_James Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2003
    ^Heh.

He has a point, too.

6. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    "It IS a fanfilm I mean it will be on Starwars.com"

No, it won't.

Don't make announcements that have no chance of ever happening... StarWars.com doesn't host *any* fanfilms, they only redirect to Atomfilms, which hosts the official contest... and unless your film is a parody (which it doesn't seem to be), it won't end up on Atomfilms, either...

It's good that you're excited about your project, but don't get carried away... statements like the one quoted above won't help your case...

Fenn

7. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    And by 'done by August' do you mean, THIS August?

Because if you do...wow. That's some efficiency. Do you have any idea of what it takes to get a movie done? If you said August of next year, maybe I'd believe you. Maybe.

8. Ephisus

Ephisus Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I still have a lurking thought that this is a subtle joke.

You're really going to need some kind of work online before anyone jumps on your bandwagon.

9. NitroBlade

NitroBlade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2004
    I thought this was a joke... and you'd beter not be serious. It's got most of the stereotypes of newbies looking for help, except for the sith in a forest thing.

10. Jedikes1138

Jedikes1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2003
    But he didn't mention not having that (Sith in the forest), or a teenage Jedi master. Bleh. Typical. This sure sounds like a joke to me.

11. RIPLEY426

RIPLEY426 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2003
    I don´t mean to offend anyone, but maybe he CAN make the first 40 minutes of his fanfilm by august this year, when he is a seamesian two headed twin with 4 arms. OR he´s the son of Mr. Gadget and owns the GoGo Gadgetto arms and legs. Yes, THEN he could make it.
    Maybe he is a sleep transducer and only dreams he´s making a fanfilm. Hence he´s posting here without even knowing that everything´s not there!

12. Darth_Brad03

Darth_Brad03 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    This is the 3rd forum he has posted this in, so I doubt it is a joke...although I really hope it is.

13. Ephisus

Ephisus Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    But he didn't mention not having that (Sith in the forest), or a teenage Jedi master

It never STARTS that way... that's just how they wind up.

14. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Okay, I'll bite. Send me a copy of the script.

15. Padawan_John

Padawan_John Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    A fanfilm can start out with a great story idea, a large enough cast to pull off the story.

Then, two people back out. You re-write the script.

One person gets injured, and can't fight. You re-write the script.

Three more people can't make it, due to scheduling difficulties. You re-write the script.

Then, you're left with two kids and two teenagers having a nearly pointless lightsaber fight in the forest, which you hope you can tie into a better film later on.

Happens every time. :p

16. Jedikes1138

Jedikes1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2003
    "But he didn't mention not having that (Sith in the forest), or a teenage Jedi master

It never STARTS that way... that's just how they wind up."

"A fanfilm can start out with a great story idea, a large enough cast to pull off the story.

Then, two people back out. You re-write the script.

One person gets injured, and can't fight. You re-write the script.

Three more people can't make it, due to scheduling difficulties. You re-write the script.

Then, you're left with two kids and two teenagers having a nearly pointless lightsaber fight in the forest, which you hope you can tie into a better film later on."

True. But sometimes there are ways to avoid that. Like with a budget. With lots of money. Or an idea that can be done and not too farfetched. Of course, wasting money and getting writer's block for a few months writing a Star Wars fanfilm script can lead to SIF (Sith in Forest) Disorder. [face_worried]

;)

Okay, maybe that's not the case for some of them... Just maybe... one or two out there. Now if we had deserts instead of these forests around here, some people would be making movies with Tatooine instead of Endor or "forest planet." Or, if they had snowy plains around them, make a Hoth fanfilm. But I have to say, sometimes, filmmakers just have to work with what they have when they're small time movie making endeavours. And since for some reason forests are prominent in most fanfilms, it appears that people don't try to go too far out of the way just to film a few scenes. Perhaps most haven't thought about scouting locations.

17. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    "It IS a fanfilm I mean it will be on Starwars.com"

No, it won't.

Don't make announcements that have no chance of ever happening...

Hey, maybe he is working on Ep3 and just got the wrong message boards ;)

lol

good luck young sir!

18. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Any mods want to check IPs to make sure this isn't a sock?

19. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    its not a sock... its a glove

20. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    i didnt read the whole thread, but heres my reaction to what i did...

how will you manage to get it hosted on starwars.com!? thats not something i was aware of happening...

to claim its "REALLY GOOD" i'd like to see some type of proof or at least a picture or something so that we know you are serious.... after all, every fanfilm is really good according to its creator...

also, brad is right, that thread is basically the same thing, it seems...

if its gonna be out possibly by the end of july with our help... i must ask...
    HOW!?
    that would mean its so close that you almost wouldnt need our help... is it all edited? all filmed? where are you in production....
    if its gonna be done by end of july or even in august, i'd say that you should have a trailer for us up and if it is as good as you say it is, i'm positive that you will be able to get people to join your project....

also, what specific help are you asking for...

edit: i'm w/ funke, lets see a script... or something at least.

also, since he has not responded to anything, it leads me to believe more that he IS a sock/glove ;)

21. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Unless he means next August? Otherwise, it's simply impossible. Even for me, a series of simple CGI shots could easily take a week or more, and that's working constantly. And that's with everything else finished... a whole film in two weeks? If you do finish it, I seriously doubt I'll bother watching it.. nothing completed in such a short time would be worth the effort to download, at least in my eyes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.