main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH I need help!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedibri, Jun 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    This may sound like and odd request. But can someone PLEASE tell me how to activate the "cybor police" for my computer? My Daughter is starting to use it more and there are things that just aren't good for her to see.
    Thank you.

2. Darth_Stevious

Darth_Stevious Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    The filters built into Internet Explorer are not very good. The problem is that it has a very small number of sites listed in it that it will allow you to go to without a password, so few that it gets really annoying very quickly.
    The best web filters are actually filtering services that constantly update websites. They aren't simply word or topic based. They try to evaluate the entire site for objectionable material. One service that I have had experiance with is Family Click They charge $4.95 per month, but the filtering is very good. You can even ask for a site to be reviewed if you find objectionable content but it is not filtered. You can also do the opposite and request a review of a site that is filtered but you think it should not be. They also offer levels of filtering from child to teen to adult levels. You might want to check them out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.