main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I need help!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by YoungJedi11, Nov 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Ack! I know this is probably not supposed to be posted here, but I only need a quick answer, and you're the only people I know on the forums. :)

I'm having an AIM argument with a friend at the moment who seems to think that Star Wars originated with nine novels, and George Lucas conned off the idea of those novels to create the movies.

I have no idea where he's getting his information, I just need someone to clear this up on here so he can see it. Thanks!

(Mods, sorry about this, but it was an emergency! :) )

Your friend is wrong. There are numerous non-fiction accounts of the story of Star Wars in print available to the public should one wish to research the matter, which I would encourage you and/or your friend to do. Suffice it to say George Lucas created Star Wars. That is the undisputed fact.

2. Jedi_Horn_888

Jedi_Horn_888 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2002
    Na!

George Lucas came up with the idea of Star Wars by himself, not from 9 novels. There's only gonna be 6 movies. He founded ILM and used revolutionary techniques. Star Wars only opened in something like 13 cinemas in 1977, but it was a smash hit, and it's success convinced Lucas to make Ep. V and VI. He always had the idea of the prequels in mind, but it wasn't until 20 years after the original trilogy that he decided to make the prequels. No way was Star Wars ever 9 novels. Ask your friend "Who by", and "When published", and "Where can I get them", and "Prove it". If he can't answer all 4 of those questions to your satisfaction then he's obviously lying or having you on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.