main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY i need high resolution Death Star and Executor

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by GotMauled, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GotMauled

GotMauled Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2004
    Hello all.
    I am currently hatching in my mind a project for my basement. I have a wall that is split by a support pole and a wall unit. Any way all this makes a section of wall 10 foot by 6.5 foot that is just screaming for something. So i thought i could paint it black and make a huge mural. Now i have no painting skill and any way tht would be to much work. So i have decided that i can Print the images on Photo Paper and then use very very thin layers of fun tack. I did some tests and it will work well. The problem is that i need a picture of the Death star and Vaders comand ship that will print well at a size of 24 inches. Doesany one know of where i can get these.

thanks for any links and ideas.

2. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    If you had several hundred dollars and the patience to wait till I was out of school for the summer, I'd paint it all for you. :p

3. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    You know what else you can do? Print the picture of what you want "painted" onto your wall onto transparency paper. Then you can get an overhead and project the image from your transparency onto your wall. Trace the image with chalk or pencil, then fill in the trace lines with paint. My cousin painted the murals in her children's rooms this way. Its a great way to paint a mural yourself if you have no talent. Heh

Edited to add:
    If you want the background to be black, I'd start by painting the area that you want the mural to be on black. Then use the chalk (not pencil, it won't show) to trace the picture projected onto the wall.

For more information (and clearer instructions) visit this website, which has a lot of information about DIY stuff.

4. GotMauled

GotMauled Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2004
    hello. Yes those are all great sugjestions but i kind of like the idea that the parts are movable. My end goal is to try and get in ships that cross all the layers of the multivers. I am starting with the DS and SSD because of there size. But after that i have the babylon station, Enterprise, Glactica and others. So it will kind of evolve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.