main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I need information!!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jakhun, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jakhun

Jakhun Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2015
    hello

First of all i'm new to this forum, and i would like a answer on a question i have after watching the movie yesterday. I did search the forums in the hope to get some answers but i couldn't find it. Second, i hope that i'm posting this in the right section, it at least has to do something with the movie.

Ok, so my knowledge about Star Wars lore isn't big, i saw all the movie ofcourse, and also been reading up on some Wiki related websites.

How is the Star Wars family build up?
    Things i could find was that Han and Leia have 2 sons and 1 daughter. I couldn't find Ben Solo (Kylo Ren) between them, or is he Jacen Solo who turned into a sith lord ?

Mav Edit: Since this has been answered, I'm going to lock this thread.

2. Strange Old Hermit

Strange Old Hermit Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 17, 2015
    Han and Leia have one child that we know about - Ben. The EU stuff was all thrown out for the most part. It's all irrelevant.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  3. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Welcome to the boards. It looks like you stumbled on some old Expanded Universe information from the books. When Disney announced a sequel trilogy, they ceased being canon. From what we know now, it is confirmed that Han and Leia have at least one child--a son named Ben Solo. It is unclear if he has any siblings.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  4. ender2k

ender2k Jedi Master star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    Nah, you know about as much as we do. Before George Lucas sold Star Wars to Disney, many authors wrote in the Star Wars setting and were allowed to create characters like Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin Solo and Ben Skywalker. When Disney took over, they performed a memory wipe on Star Wars history, to give them the freedom to tell the stories they wanted to tell. The old material, like the three Solo children, was moved to a non-canon (non-official) history called Legends. So only the movies, the TV shows The Clone Wars and Rebels, and the books (ETA: and comics) from the last two years or so belong to the new history. In that new history, Han and Leia -- as far as we know -- have only one child, Ben Solo, who is Kylo Ren.

Norminator likes this.
  5. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    the fun part is we dont know anymore. seems they are sticking with certain aspects of the old EU but they threw it out as a whole. Seem Ben was an only child.

6. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
  7. Jakhun

Jakhun Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2015
    ok thank you for the responces. this whole lore stuff about Star Wars is starting to confuse me. Don't know what to believe or not. I guess for now i'll just stick to the movies.

Btw, if i want to know more background stories, who are like official or new history (or whatever it's called), what would be a good place to start and preferable in chronological order.

8. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    Seems? It's a red herring I'm telling you!

9. CnlSandersdeKFC

CnlSandersdeKFC Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2015
    There isn't a lot out right now, but Marvel is publishing a number of Star Wars titles that are all rather good. A number of short story e-books were released a few weeks ago that detail some tangential plot lines of the new movie. Those will be collected in a physical copy in April. The book "Star Wars: Aftermath" begins a trilogy of books that is attempting to cover the timeline directly after ROTJ. Two cartoon series are also canon, those being Star Wars: The Clone Wars, (TCW) which can be found on Netflix, and Star Wars: Rebels, which is currently being broadcast on Disney XD. On top of those two there is a "fan-canon" series of cartoon shorts that serve as nice introduction to TCW which is simply called Star Wars: Clone Wars (note the lack of The), which you can find on Youtube easy enough. It's actually the first thing that pops up if you search "Star Wars Clone Wars 2003."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.