main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I need information...........

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Shadow_, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_

Shadow_ Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    ok, my friend thinks that at celebration 2 they show episode 2 (the whole thing). i could be wrong and wish i was. but can u help me prove him wrong?

2. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    While I thought they were going to, the only movies they will be showing are Ep1 & ANH on Friday, then ESB & ROTJ on Saturday.

I believe all the trailers will be part of the film loop playing throughout C2, but other than that, no Ep2 movie unless they show clips during a panel discussion or something.

3. Shadow_

Shadow_ Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
  4. Shadow_

Shadow_ Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    what did they do at celebration 1? thanks for the help

5. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I didn't go to C1, but I don't recall anyone saying they showed the film.

6. Shadow_

Shadow_ Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    thanks again sebulba for ur help

7. SWN3RD

SWN3RD Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    They *did not* show Ep1 at SWC1. The closest we got in Denver was the premier of the music video for "Duel of the Fates".

8. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Just for your guys info, they'll probably just FINISH the movie on the friday that kicks off the Celebration. After all, George didn't finish TPM until 2 weeks before release. :)

So, that just backs up your reasoning a little more. :)

9. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Although I dont think they will show the movie, I wouldn't be basing my "quesstamations" off of celebration 1. This go around will be much better.

10. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I think the movie will be closer to being finished anyway, just because of the logistics of the worldwide release of the film on the same day (with a few stragglers)....my guess is (at best) we can hope for some never before seen clips during a ILM discussion panel or maybe at the Concert, more likely just re-edited trailer footage.

11. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    We got the "Duel of the Fates" premier @ C1, and all of the trailers, some behind the scenes stuff & I believe there was a premier of another trailer during the Opening Ceremony (I was busy in the vendor tent buying everything I needed and walking on water, most of the time).

12. Carl-StarWarsFanOrg

Carl-StarWarsFanOrg Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    Correct. CELEBRATION I had the following:

"Welcome" video intro by George Lucas
    "Duel of The Fates" video premeire
    All of the "Tone Poems"
    All of the Behind-The-Scenes EPK Featurettes (Plot, Costumes, FX, Fights, etc)

And, a few TPM behind-the-scenes images in some slide shows (some of which I still have not seen again to this day).

13. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Yeah, the video premier was very cool. Too bad that didn't happen this time around:( And don't expect to see EpII. Could you imagine the chaos?! Besides, the film I'm sure will be tweaked till the very last minute.

14. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I agree. The video premier @ SWC1 was very cool. I remember hearing the roar from outside the tent while I was standing in line to get in. That in itself was just a very cool sound. While it'd be cool to see AOTC in Indy, I'm not going to hold my breath for it. I've waited this long, another 2 weeks won't kill me.

15. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Ok. What Kind of Episode II footages, if any will be shown?

16. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I only caught part of the interview, but Anthony Daniels said this morning on Fox59 AM that there will be clips from the movie shown. Where? Didn't say. When? Didn't say either. Which ones? Of course, he didn't say. don't know if these will be trailer clips or "never before seen" footage" Guess we'll have to wait and see.

17. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Alright, one of my biggest reasons for going is to sneak peek at Episode II footage when I bought the badge, but after I bought it, I realized we seen enough (things you non-spoiled wouldn't want to see) and I don't want to see everything.

They want show some new EPII footage fine; if not, fine also.

They probably wouldn't show us deep secret (heavy spoilers) stuff, but I caution you smart people wanting to avoid the spoilers at all costs AVOID the Episode II footages!

18. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Personally I think anybody wanting to remain spoiler free should avoid C II altogether.

19. Punisher

Punisher Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 1998
    The footage that was shown at Celebration 1 was all on the TPM DVD, the music video, the trailers and the Making of/Behind the scenes stuff.
    Unless they have some surprises planned, don't expect to see anything that hasn't been on the Official Site already or will be shown in the future (on DVD maybe).
    The don't show the movies there, that is a popular misconception, I repeat, don't expect to see AOTC there.
    Many of the video presentations are there to "introduce" the guests, like the costume videos were used for Ian Mccaig or showing the design videos for Doug Chiang.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.