main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I need last minute Tips for this darkside deck

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by GUARDSMAN, Feb 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GUARDSMAN

GUARDSMAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001
    Well I have a tournament this Sunday and I need all the gameplay/strategy tips as I can get.

Starting:
    Combat Readiness
    Kashyyk
    Forest
    Spaceport Docking Bay

Admirals Orders:
    Battle Deployment
    Fighter Cover

Weapons:
    Aurra Sing's Blaster Rifle
    x2 Heavy Turbo Laser Battery
    x2 SFS L-s9.3 Laser Cannons
    Ion Cannon
    x2 Laser Cannon Battery

Characters:
    Lord Maul
    Aurra Sing
    General Veers
    Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter
    Thok & Thog
    P-60
    Arica
    Prince Xizor
    Grand Admiral Thrawn
    Admiral Piet
    Admiral Chiraneu
    Captain Gilad Pellaeon
    Baron Soontir Fel
    Guri
    TC-14

Combat Vehicles:
    Blizzard 1
    Blizzard 4

Starships:
    Chimaera
    Thunderflare
    Devastator
    Accuser
    Dreadnaught-Class Heavy Cruiser
    The Emperor's Shield
    Saber 1
    Tie Interceptor
    Stinger
    Zuckuss In Mist Hunter
    IG-88 In IG-2000

Effects:
    Inconsequential Losses

Interrupts:
    x2 Imperial Artillery
    x3 Neimodian Advisor
    Kintan Strider
    Imperial Barrier
    It's Worse
    Heavy Fire Zone
    Dioxis
    Evacuate
    I Can't Shake Him
    All Power To Weapons
    Short Range Fighters & Watch Your Back

Locations:
    Naboo
    Endor
    Sullust

What I'm trying to do with this deck is control my two sites (Unless opponet has a deck based on draining on the ground, which is when I ignore my two sites and fight battles that I should win on the ground) and some if not all of my systems. Admiral Chiraneu would defintly help out as far as draining in the systems is concerned. Which is why I need to find room for another copy of him. This is where you guys come in with your suggestions of what should stay in and what should stay out.

2. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    First off, Spaceport sites can't deploy to Kashyyyk.

And random things like that non-unique Squint and the Stinger are not going to help you. And since you have barely any TIEs, All Power to Weapons won't help you.

What you need to do is pick one thing to do for space (pick ImpStars or TIEs) and one thing to do for ground (mains or AT-ATs). Doing a little of each will hurt you more than help.

In other words, if you want to use Star Destroyers, that's fine. Just make sure the rest of your cards focus on that (tho Fel and his ship is okay)--this means that you're gonna have to put it good pilots (preferably any you have that are ability 3or higher). Make sure most of your red cards are at least capital ship related.

As for ground, you should go with good-powered character with abilities of at least 3 or 4. This is mainly because you'll find that most of your character slots wil probably get used up with cap ship pilots.

And you need at least a couple more GOOD locations keeping in mind the hyperspeed values of your Star Destroyers.

3. GUARDSMAN

GUARDSMAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001
    the Spaceport Docking Bay only says that I can't deploy to Bespin, Dagobah, Endor, Hoth, or Yavin 4. All Power To Weapons will defintly be taken out. The Tie Interceptor is good because it can fire those special laser cannons, that I will have to deploy on it, twice. The Stinger is also a really nice ship and has served me well in the past. Mainly because Guri deploys for free aboard it. So basically Guri and Stinger for a deploy of 2 has 5 power, 4 maneuver, 5 hyperspeed, ADDS one battle destiny, Opponet is only allowed 1 battle destiny, and I'm immune to attrition <5. I'll defintly look into trying to find other good locations. Now all I have to do is find one really good card so I can put it in and take out All Power To Weapons.

Thanks for the advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.