main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I need more spoilers.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Primetime_Jedi, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    After this week, I hope OP is satisfied. :)

For the non-redditors, OP = opening poster

Jedi Knight Fett, TK327 and Han Drolo like this.
  2. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    You're going to eat those spoilers, and you're going to LIKE it!

dolphin likes this.
  3. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    Nope. [face_plain]

The rumors are just too....rumorific. Not real enough to convince me yet. Besides, I don't really like what I'm hearing anyway.

Echo Base, Dak Oolron and dolphin like this.
  4. Sith Interceptor

Sith Interceptor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 1999
    If you were around in 2000/2001 and paid attention to the spoiler boards you could pretty much quote your way through AOTC [face_whistling]

TK327, TernianVII, Satipo and 3 others like this.
  5. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    That is an absolute ridiculous level of spoilery.

We need that here.

6. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    [​IMG]

TernianVII, TheBBP and jedinightwing like this.
  7. Sith Interceptor

Sith Interceptor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 1999
    Duly noted.

However, I would rather not go through that again.

Primetime_Jedi, Satipo and TheBBP like this.
  8. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

I wouldn't mind taking my chances.

Echo Base likes this.
  9. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    Didn't Kathleen Kennedy say 2014 would be "the year of Star Wars news"? So far, there have been very few official announcements through Disney and we are over 75% of the waythrough the year... It will be interesting to see if the announcements start picking up as they go into post-production. I wonder what is up next in tehir marketing strategy.

Jcuk and my kind of scum like this.
  10. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    Kevin Spacey is Keyser Soze.

11. TernianVII

TernianVII Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 11, 2014

Amen!

12. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014

I (and anyone else who followed ep 3 spoilers) knew ep 3, pretty much scene for scene before it came out. I don't remember if it was a leaked script, or if enough details had leaked you could logically put the movie together.

*before the ep 3 novel came out too

TheBBP likes this.
  13. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Gotta remember-a year ago we still thought the movie was scheduled for May, 2015. There's a threat somewhere asking "what will we know a year from now?". It would be interesting to dig that up.

I think that most people thought we'd know the title, basic synopsis, who the main newbies would be playing, and some character descriptions. But again, that was when we still thought the movie would be out in May.

TheBBP likes this.
  14. Kraven Head

Kraven Head Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    At my age I will have forgotten all the spoilers by Dec 18th 2018.

15. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I just wish we would be treated to a little more behind-the-scenes action as we were with the prequels. The video diaries were always fun yet rarely gave away anything other than an alien in costume here or there.

Personally, I would be happy right now with a few concept art pieces or a look at a costume or two. I don't need plot spoilers, but *something* officially released would be nice at this point. Filming should wrap in a week or two and we still have next to nothing from official channels.

FRAGWAGON, Echo Base and Abadacus like this.
  16. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014

That webcam thing they did for ep 3 was kinda neat. Most of the time it was nothing, but one day, it was noticed that they were filming a scene where Anakin was sitting in a Jedi Council chair. SOOOO much speculation that day. Was he ON the council? was hit sitting in an empty room? was he simply sitting in an empty seat talking to Yoda or something? no one knew!

17. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, I'd say that 2014 being the year of Star Wars is just flatout not true at this point. :p I'm not upset about it though, I expect things will pick up around March 2015, maybe earlier.

Echo Base likes this.
  18. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    I find it interesting that we still know virtually nothing about the main characters. Yes, the strongest rumours have been around Daisy and Boyega and, just in the last few days we'vestarted to hear a little about von Sydow but it is still hazy speculation and nothing really firm. Most of those spoiler aites are just working off early pre-production art they've seen.

For a film this big, with the logistics and number of people involved, it is quite astounding. They obviously have secrecy down to a fine art, which sucks for us!

It is also interesting that they don't have any video blogs out on the making of the film or behind the scenes. No official releases of any art of new spaceship designs, even those that just appear in the background of scenes and no viral sites or games at this point. As they shift into post-production, surely the marketing campaign will shift into gear soon. As they do that, they will have to start registering websites for one thing, that will give people clues about the name of the film and main characters. What other marketing tactics do Disney typically do? How were the Marvel films promoted at this stage, about a year out from release?

Palpatine2016 likes this.
  19. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Well, we've known a lot more about Avengers 2 than we do about episode VII and we've known a lot of that for a really long time..

20. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    In my experience, amongst casual moviegoers 2014 has become the year of "They're making a new Star Wars move? Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that."
    It's not too late to ramp things up, but this marketing strategy (or lack thereof) isn't working.

TKT, my kind of scum and Echo Base like this.
  21. Palpatine2016

Nov 12, 2012

Unfortunately for us though, they don't really need a marketing strategy. It will be the biggest movie of the year. Still, I feel your pain and I think they should be showing us a few more tidbits to hold us over, but it's their prerogative.

Echo Base likes this.
  22. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    It may just be that they don't want to overhype it too early. The major English newspaper sites for the Telegraph and the Guardian are running regular articles based on the spoilers that are circulating on the net so it is appearing in the mainstream news regularly. I definitely wish official marketing would step up a gear with just some new ship designs or something or some official photos or art of one planet. Doesn't need to be more than that at this stage.

23. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

2014 is the year of Rebels. 2015 is the year of Episode VII beginning with Celebration in April.

24. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Looking at the release schedule for new Star Wars books, 2014 and 2015 seem to be all about bringing people back into the Original Trilogy mindset. It might be about preparing the fandom somewhat for Episode VII as well, as part of an overall marketing strategy.

Echo Base likes this.
  25. Palpatine2016

Nov 12, 2012
    Sounds about right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.