main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I need more spoilers.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Primetime_Jedi, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    :) I think Chyren lived in Australia, where they filmed parts of AOTC.

2. SithPug

SithPug Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 18, 2014
    Some potentially big spoilers if true

I'm going to keep this vague. I have no interest in spoiling Star Wars Episode VII, although I'm sure some people will find any information about the film's plot to be spoilery. If you're a spoilerphobe or want to go into Star Wars Episode VII totally, completely clean, stop reading now. If you want to know what, on a very basic and general level, is the premise of Star Wars Episode VII, read on.

Ready?

Imagine the standard Star Wars crawl, and when it ends the camera pans up to the stars. But instead of a spaceship zooming into frame we see... a hand! A severed hand, tumbling through space. A severed hand gripping a light saber.

That hand falls onto a desert planet, where it is discovered by characters who will be our heroes. One is Daisy Ridley. The other is John Boyega, who is playing someone trying to change his path in life (again, I'm keeping it vague here). They recognize the light saber as a Jedi relic and decide to return it to the proper people.

Their quest takes them off world, and they meet up with Han Solo and Chewbacca, who aren't flying around in the Millenium Falcon anymore but are piloting... well, that could be a spoiler. I'll leave it. Anyway, Han and Chewie recognize the light saber as Luke's, and they say they haven't seen their friend in thirty years, since the events of Return of the Jedi.

So begins a quest to find the missing Jedi Master. Meanwhile, on an ice planet, nefarious forces are building a super weapon, one capable of destroying not planets but entire solar systems...

In many ways this plot of Episode VII is an echo of A New Hope. Instead of R2 coming to Tatooine it's a hand falling from the sky, but the basic sweep of the story is similar, and intentionally so. But things that seem familiar may not be as familiar as you think - don't assume that every ice or desert planet in the galaxy has already been visited, if you know what I'm saying.

There's more, of course - this is just the broadest of outlines, a basic synopsis. On the one hand I sort of roll my eyes at the story echoing A New Hope, but on the other I like the propulsive quest concept. I'm hearing extremely positive things about the action, and very, very good things about the characters themselves and the way the actors are bringing them to life. Again and again I'm hearing that John Boyega owns this movie.

What do you think? How does the basic plot of Star Wars: The Hand Of Skywalker (not the real title!) sound to you?

http://badassdigest.com/2014/07/20/exclusive-star-wars-episode-vii-plot-details-revealed/

3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Dude, pick a thread. You are spamming now.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  4. SithPug

SithPug Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 18, 2014
    Wasn't trying to spam. I just know everyone doesn't follow every thread so I thought I'd put it in the most applicable ones (Hamill, Boyega, spoilers thread).

5. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998

That is possibly the silliest thing I've ever heard; this reads like "The Glove of Darth Vader." Maybe I was right and Trioculus will be the baddie along with the Prophets of the Dark Side. If that's really the impetus for the plot of the Sequel Trilogy (I don't believe it is), then I'm out.

6. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I like it. In terms if plausibility as the plot, well it apparently is jiving with what other scoopers have heard. And it also connects with anything boyega and Ridley are doing since they are always together.

Not crazy about the super weapon though.

7. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013

I've got to hand it to you, the topic at hand, hands down goes hand in hand with some of these threads, and we don't want to be high handed or bite the hand that feeds us but many of us are living hand to mouth as far as spoilers are concerned when we should be raking them in hand over fist.

8. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    Maybe they'll take the hand to Kamino and create Luuke Skywalker for the villain of Ep. 8 and 9

9. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    wtf? this spoiler is the dumbest damn thing i've ever heard.

how does a severed hand get from the gas giant atmosphere of bespin through space to tatooine?

10. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998

C'mon, Luke's hand has the Force.

11. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    and a hyperdrive?

dekaneas and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  12. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998

Well it did have 35 years to soup itself up for the journey home.

13. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    It's so silly, it might just be true.

Dra--- likes this.
  14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This is just so silly... it can't be accurate. [face_praying]

15. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    It must be a mechanical hand for it to make any sense (Luke's mec. hand from ROTJ). A flesh hand would burn up entering a planet's atmosphere. I'd even be surprised if a metal hand didn't burn up, but I'm not a scientist.

IDK, style would be very important in making such an implausible image plausible.

It would probably be better if it was just a lightsaber falling through space. A hand invites too much unintentional comedy.

Adi_Gallia_9 likes this.
  16. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    Stupid, stupid, stupid. And the lightsabre couldn't get loose from the hand at any point during it's travel from one end of the galaxy to another?? Or the hand/lightsabre not burning up in the atmosphere? I don't like the super weapon thing either. I hope this in not true.

17. Acroyear

Mar 24, 2001
    I'd to hear the rest of the details of the plot to see how more absurd it gets.

18. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    same galaxy. still too far. if this is true i'll walk out of the blah de blah blah.....

19. Acroyear

Mar 24, 2001
    So a couple people want to return the lightsaber to its owner. How nice. And they know enough to go to Han and Chewie. Just doesn't jive. And if they find Luke and give it him what will he say 'Thanks, but I have a new one'? Absurd. Super weapon on ice planet stinks. Please don't tell me it's going to be Hoth. Hell, let's not have any new planets in the film! What's stopping Devin from spilling all the beans? Unless he wants to milk this nonsense for all its worth.

Dra--- and Visitant like this.
  20. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    In addition to the hand nonsense, I'm not thrilled about the possibility of another super weapon. That never worked out well for the EU.

Gallandro and thejeditraitor like this.
  21. Acroyear

Mar 24, 2001
    And the whole opening with the camera panning up with the hand/lighsabre floating towards Tattoine is guaranteed to warrant unintentional laughs. What is this, a Space Balls movie??

Gallandro and thejeditraitor like this.
  22. Acroyear

Mar 24, 2001
    Another super weapon is just laziness.

23. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    I almost spit out my mountain dew. Someone is certainly pulling our chains LOL

thejeditraitor and Adi_Gallia_9 like this.
  24. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    they'll take luke's saber to him and he'll say, "what's this?"

they'll say, "your hand fell out of the sky on tatooine."

he'll say, "**** off."

25. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, since I can't find a thread that isn't talking about this ridiculous rumor, I'll bid you all adieu for awhile.

Dra--- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.