main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I need peoples opinion on the XL1

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Axien, Oct 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axien

Axien Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2002
    I would like to know if ithis camera is worth getting. It looks really cool, and i read a lot of good things about it.

2. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    If you don't know about it, you probably shouldn't get it. You probably wouldn't know how to use it to its potential. It would be juast as useful as a moderately priced cam.

That's not a crack on you; I wouldn't know how to use it either!

~Neszis~

3. Bastion

Bastion Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    How about you run a search and read one of the hundreds of threads on this topic?

This comes up about once a week doesn't it?

4. sithgoblin3

sithgoblin3 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2001
    "If you don't know about it, you probably shouldn't get it. You probably wouldn't know how to use it to its potential."

surely one can learn...?

5. ExFilms

ExFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001

But you can learn the same things on a $700 camera and save yourself $3000 dollars for a nicer computer, editing and effects software, lighting kit, nice tripod, shotgun microphone and boom, etc.

By the time you really need an XL1 you'll have saved up enough money to buy one and you'll be grateful that you already have all the other equipment you need and the experience to use it.

Unless you have $7000 dollars. Then by all means get the XL1 and all the other goodies. Have fun! :p

Actually, for $3500 you can get the new Panasonic 24p, it seems like it may be a better camera than the XL1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.