main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx I need some catchy ideas !

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral, Jul 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Hey everyone! I'm STILL trying to get FF started in Flag, but I've not had much luck with the flyers! I've posted them everywhere I could think of and NOT ONE CALL!!! WAAAAAAAAAA!! :_|

I'm gonna keep trying with some new flyers, but if you have any other ideas, I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THEM!

Thanks in advance! :D

2. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Hmmm... let me confer with Obey on this a little.

Also, have you approached anyone? Flyers are great, yes. But you might want to try just talking to people too - like at the bookstore. Go hang out in the Star Wars section for a few (I know, I know, such torture ;) ), and just strike up a conversation with the people who migrate over there. :) Tell them you're trying to start a Fan Force. Or, hand them a flyer, give them the Fan Force web address (to Phoenix or to the Flagstaff interest thread). See what happens!

hmmm... maybe we should come up there just for the heck of it, and have an impromptu "meeting" - that would be a blast. We could see how many people we attract too. :D okay, I'm thinking while typing now...

^.^

3. TD0690

TD0690 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 4, 2002
    I'll be in your Fan Force.

As long as you don't call me Sandy/Sandie!

People in the PFF are much too hurtful throwing around those names. :_|

4. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Have you thought about setting up a Flagstaff FF website?

5. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    kreleia I've been telling people too and putting it in my answering machine message to help out, but I think the real problem is that it's summer...all the college kids are gone! I'm NOT going to give up though! I just need to be more vocal and outgoing I think.

TD0690 I know you would!! You're welcome any time! All of you are! I promise I won't call you Sandie/Sandy

Idiots Array Sadly no. I am not good at the website thing. My father might be able to help me though, he's made his own site! Great idea!

6. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Stormy works for him though......

Maybe post a meeting time somewhere up there for a saturday, then invite a few of us PFF members up there.

1) We can at least meet ya...

2) People are intrigued by crowds and will poke their head in, and hopefully a few will sign up with you.

3) Give it some time. Looking over the past posts of this board it took a bit to ramp up to where we are now.

4) Once the IMAX dates are set in stone for AOTC...maybe post some flyers advertising a caravan trip to Tempe or Sedona (I think) to go see it...visit (insert web page here) for details and to sign up.

5) No idea what to do with this, but maybe work up a publicity thing with a store when the AOTC DVD comes out ?

Just a few ideas...

7. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    Stormy works for him though......

Shut up Void! :mad:
    (I'm saying that a lot today)

8. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    WOW!!! Thanks VoidDancer!! Great ideas!!! :D

Thanks so much you guys!! I really appreciate this. I'm gonna brainstorm out how all these ideas (and future ideas) could work this week and I'll run them by you at the meeting! I've decided to come and meet you all.

You all are the first people that have ever made me wish I lived down in Phoenix!! You ROCK!! :)

EDIT: Don't worry TD0690 I actually have no idea what that means...you do I see, but I don't.

9. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    Sure "THEY ROCK" now, but just wait until you're no longer a newbie that's when the names start flying! ;)

10. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral I wouldn't mind coming up there at all! Maybe we can make a road trip out of it. :D

You can get a basic free wesite on something like Geocities. Perfect for getting information out to those looking for it. I suppose Time and Patience are your greatest assets right now. I had no idea PFF existed till the EP II Line (oh the fond memories)

ps. You don't REALLY want to be here... To hot! To hot to begin the training :p

11. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    If some of us were to make a trip up to Flag, it culd be good for everyone...we get out of the heat, and you get some attention (this group tends to attract a crowd, especially if you can get some of the 501st :)).

I think you'll probably have better luck once school starts. I know you'll find some interested people then.

12. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Is there a community newspaper, that you could include a advertisement? If it cost money to post, msybe talking with the newspaper, closet SW fans are everywhere so they might help. Community boards like in some supermarkets. Just thinking out loud here. Probably the idea of organizing something when the DVD comes out is a good idea too and hey i'd be willing to go up north to help.

13. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    There you go. When the AOTC DVD comes out, run out to Best Buy/Wherever and hand out small leaflets there! A 1/4 page size leaflet is easily pocketable. :)

I suppose the hard part is finding a twin to help do all this work, your job, and maintain your life :D

14. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    These guys have done a great job of giving you ideas. ^^^

Next idea: Check with your local Blockbuster/Hollywood Video type of place. Ask the employees if any of them are SW fans, or if they have any firends who are major SW fans. I'd be willing to bet that employyees at a video rental place are really into SW, or might just be into other movies/anime, etc that you're into.

Keep brainstorming. These are great ideas, peoples!!!

15. army_no_arms

army_no_arms Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    This idea may have come to late but you could hangout at your local theater that is showing SW and see if you can catch anyone talking about SW and approach them or actually buy a ticket to a showing and then hand out flyers/talk to people as they wait for the movie to start. Odds are if they are watching the movie at this late date it is because they are a fan and it is a repeat showing for them. Don't give up hope. There will be a Flag FF when the people want it bad enough that the goverment will have no choice but to give it to them.

16. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    Well today I looked back over my flyers and they SUCKED which may be one reason I didn't get any calls. So I re-did them with some cool graphics and took them all over town and to NAU and posted them anywhere I could and talked to as many people as I could. I gonna keep up with that.

I think I really could use a website so that's my next project in the making!

I WOULD LOVE FOR ANY OF YOU TO COME UP for either the DVD or just for a party in the park type meeting, something VISIBLE. And if it is cool enough, which I'm sure you'll feel like it is, I would LOVE for us to dress up. The more the merrier Imperials and Rebels alike!

I would say the IMAX release, but I know you all have plans for Tempe and the nearest one to me is Sedona. I was planning on coming down there to line up and see it with you all anyway.

I met the owner of the only comic-book store here in town today, and she is letting me keep my flyer up indefinitely and I think I'll be making a lot of visits there.

I'm also going to take OW's advice and talk to the video store clerks at Hollywood and Blockbuster. I posted a flyer at Hastings and talked to them some, but I think I'll be going there a lot too.

I'm gonna do the newspaper thing too!!

Keep the ideas coming guys..THIS IS SO GREAT!!

Oh, I would do the movie thing but AOTC left us already. BOOO HOOOOO! :_|

So much to do, so little time, but don't worry, I'll figure it out!!

[face_laugh]

17. Jinnetics

Jinnetics Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 1999
    Talk to the folks at Hastings and Bookman's, two adjacent bookstores near the Target on Milton Road, I think. They both carry loads of SW merchandise, and may be willing to help you promote. Bookman's may even let you hold events there - you never know.

18. DEICIDE

DEICIDE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    Hey I saw some SW fans in Flag tonight driving back home. I passed a few cars that had either a bounty hunter or SW sticker on them and they were not passing through town as I was. They are out there. So good luck. I will join up in flag as well. I like it there. give me any reson at all for a road trip and I'm there.

19. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    Good idea Jinnetics! Will do!!

DECIDE Cool!! I know they're here, just gotta find 'em. I saw one car driving around that had Chewie decals on the windows..pretty cool, but I was driving. BLAH! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.