main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I need some help with all these secuels

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ando_Larousse, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ando_Larousse

Ando_Larousse Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2014
    Hi, I'm new on this forum and I've got some doubts about all this episode 7 stuff.

I've always been a Star Wars fan and I used to read about different parallel secuel stories many years ago (after episode 6). But I've never read a book or a comic or whatever, I just read about some little facts like about the existence of Mara Jade and Jaina Solo, but what I want to ask you guys is what of all of this is official and what is made by fans.

I think there's one book called something like "In search of the Force" and another like "The chosen one" or something.

If any of you know all the official secuel stories (if there's any) please tell me which of them are, and if you got any link explaining their plot, please post it too.

Also, if you got any info about the incoming episode being related to any of these stories, tell it too please. I would really thank you.

If there's any thread talking about some of these topics just make me know.

2. ForgottennJedi1986

ForgottennJedi1986 Jedi Padawan star 1

May 12, 2014
    Hi, welcome! There is an EU section on this board, they can answer questions about books and comics there. As for the old EU stories they are no longer canon of any kind and never really were, so nobody knows what happens after Return of the Jedi, until Ep 7 comes out.

3. Ando_Larousse

May 19, 2014
    Sorry, what's EU?

Also, do you know if Disney took/bought some Luca's idea to make the Ep 7 plot? I doubt it since he sold the entire thing but just asking...

4. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Hm. Let's see;

-OP is creating a discussion about EU in relation to Episode 7
    -OP uses words like "parallel" but misspells "sequel" multiple times.
    -Posting on a Star Wars message board, doesn't know what EU is.

[​IMG]

I've got my eye on you, kid.

Dra--- likes this.
  5. Ando_Larousse

May 19, 2014
    I'm sorry, English is not my native language. I've been learning it by my own since 2010 on the internet. Sometimes I forget about the different uses of "C" and "Q" since in my language it just works different. And no, sorry, I have no idea about what "EU" is. I've never been on a Star Wars forum or anything before, if that has something to do with it...

6. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Since your new... (though we should move this to the EU forum or at least the EU thread for VII)

The EU (Expanded Universe) was canon stories that expanded the Galaxy Far Far Away according to Lucasfilms (though Lucas approved this business wise, story wise he always saw it as seperate than his). So...

Recently LFL choose to drop the old EU from being canon to non-canon and create a new one that hasn't been made yet, though we're moving from a canon heiracry (movie>tv>all else with no conflicts to above>parts from non-canon stories that got mentioned by higher canon>non-canon stories) to all equal canon approved by a story group that oversees all future stories, so the EU wouldn't limit the movies. Good news to you is reading those stories is now not required, though their are many good EU stories out there worth a read. LFL did reserve the right though to adapt in anything they want from the EU though (think like comic reboot where some elements might cross over but how much is currently unknown).

Mara Jade was an Imperial assassin with the force who went lightside after Return of the Jedi and eventually married Luke and had a kid with him (Ben), she also trained Han Solo and Leia's daughter Jaina Solo. Think of those two as the super girls of the EU in both popularity (most loved by many, most hated very vocally by a few) and power levels (force, saber skills, fighter pilots, etc...). They are now non-canon, though in theory nothing prevents LFL from adapting them into future stories or using them as a basis for a future characters, the later is far more likely that the former.

7. Bob Octa

Bob Octa Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2013
    Yes, Lucas' outlines for the new trilogy (or is it just Ep VII?) was part of the Star Wars deal. How much of Lucas' ideas end up surviving remains to be seen, but he IS a consultant.

8. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I believe it was for the entire trilogy, as well as rough outlines for several spinoff films.

Bob Octa likes this.
  9. Ando_Larousse

May 19, 2014
    Thank you a lot.

I just don't think this should be moved to the EU forum then because my point was to know which of these stories were canon and which not. I mean, I don't really care about what is not canon, but I agree with the fact that some of it may be interesting, why not. The point of this thread was to know which of these are canon, so I can guess or make my own ideas or be kinda prepared of what I'm gonna see in the Ep 7. Just that.

10. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Hi, welcome to the forums! :)

If you are interested in talking about the books and comics and what's considered canon or how they may use those things in the films, definitely check out the Official Sequel Trilogy/Expanded Universe discussion thread.

I'd also recommend looking through the Episode 7 Guide to (Better) Posting and FAQ / E7 SA Index thread, as a lot of the questions you have about the sequel films have likely already been asked by other users and (to the best of our ability) answered.

Ryus likes this.
  11. Ando_Larousse

May 19, 2014
    oh okay then, thank you.

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Welcome to the boards. Please visit those linked threads to familiarize yourself with these topics. Locking this thread as there's not much else to discuss here.

Ryus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.