main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends I Never Knew You (Mara/Sabé) Post-NJO Viggie

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I Never Knew You
    by obi's girl

Summary: While vacationing on Naboo, Mara walks around Theed's marketplace and bumps into one of the locals (unknown to her but only us is her birth mother, Sabé), and they have an interesting conversation...

Mara Jade Skywalker smiled, breathing in the air as she walked around the marketplace. Luke wanted to go with her but she wanted to be alone on this so he stayed at the villa with their son, Ben. It had been only a year since the uneasy truce with the Yuuzhan Vong but both Luke and Mara decided it was time for them to finally take a vacation and celebrate. Leia suggested several different places they could visit but somehow Mara felt drawn to Naboo.

There was something about this green-blue planet that fascinated her. Theed was unbelievably beautiful, the buildings and the architecture and the grace of the Theed palace spoke for themselves. She didn't know that for years, the Naboo had cut themselves off from the galaxy after Palpatine had come to power.

Mara continued through the stalls, admiring the jewelry and clothes. The dealers weren't rude with each other, trying to offer one customer less money over the other or some free item to get a purchase. Mara stopped at one particular stall, looking over a piece of jewelry. A robed woman stood beside her, looking at the same piece.

"You should buy it," she said and Mara looked at her. She smiled kindly to Mara, even though she had never seen this woman before. Her fading brown hair was wrapped in a bun and loose strands were tucked behind her ears. The hood covered the rest of her hair from the sun but Mara could see her brown eyes had not faded. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have interrupted your shopping..."

"Oh no, it's fine," Mara said and put the jewelry back on the table. "I'm not from around here actually so I don't know the best bargains." The woman went to another stall, Mara shrugged and followed her. "I'm here with my husband and son. We're vacationing in the country side."

She turned, looked at her and smiled. "That sounds wonderful...I was raised in the country side with my sisters. When I was a girl, I used to run through the fields with my sisters and we'd out dirty out skirts. Our mother didn't like us doing that but we loved it," she said, "How old is your son?"

"Almost seven years old," Mara mused, "He loves the big space behind the villa to run around but his father thinks he should use that energy to train as a Jedi."

"Jedi," the woman mused, "Your son is a Jedi?"

Mara shrugged, "My husband is a Jedi Master as am I, too. But right now, we're just parents on vacation with our son."

The woman smiled and they walked towards a local outdoor restaurant not far from the marketplace and sat down. A waitress came over to take their order but Mara's guest only ordered tea. "Do you still live in the country side?" Mara asked her new friend.

"I used to but not anymore. I moved closer to the Palace some years ago..." she said, "I gave friends in the Palace."

Mara raised an eyebrow curiously, "Friends? Are you...?"

"Oh no, I'm not a part of the royal family," the woman quickly added, "Just old friends, they're more like an extended family of sisters but not blood family."

Mara smiled solemnly, "I barely remember anything about where I came from and who my parents were," she paused as the waitress came back with her friend's tea. "Actually, I don't know anything about them."

The woman took a sip of her tea. "Have you tried looking for them or researching?"

"I wouldn't know what to look up," she said, "I don't know what happened to them or if they're still alive. I was taken by the Emperor when I was a girl and he raised me to be his personal assassin." Mara mused and then looked at her friend. She had a distant look in her eyes as if remembering something similar. "Are you married?"

She broke out of her reverie and looked at Mara and blushed, "I was married once before the wars but we separated. Awhile back, I had heard that he passed on. I was heart broken for mo

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Ahhah...very wonderful mami/daughter stuff.

3. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Thanks Darth-Ishtar.

~aeryn

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh so sweet! But you can't leave it there, you need to bring these two together again and let them figure things out!

5. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Wonderful story, Aeryn.

If only Mara and Sabe knew of their relationship.

6. Darth_Suzi

Darth_Suzi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2004
    AWW!!! That's so sweet! :)

Mara shrugged, "My husband is a Jedi Master as I am, too. But right now, we're just parents on vacation with our son." For some reason, this was my favorite line of the whole thing. It was just so simple, but beautiful, and kind of wistful.

I agree with VaderLVR, you must make a sequel!

7. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    That's a beautiful viggie there! It's kinda sad how they met face to face and neither knew they were related.

I concur with everyone else, a sequel is a must!

:Targeter:

8. MaraKenobi

MaraKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2004
  9. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I must resist the temptation to make a sequel now, espicially after I just finished writing a whole Sabewan story. But I might come back to this later ;)

~aeryn

10. MaraKenobi

MaraKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.