main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I predict "attack of the clones" will be the greatest movie of all time.!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by homeless_jedi, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    as of today. april 28, 2002. I predict this new installment of star wars will be the greatest movie of all time. it will break titanic's record and any other film ever made.

here are my other predictions....

1. the movie will make more than 400 million in two weeks.

2. children will rush to the stores to buy the toys.

3. it will win the academy award for best picture, soundtrack, art design, special effects and screenplay.

4. people will go see it more than once.

i can be considered a psychic among my friends.

2. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    1. No but it will do very, very well. It will smash Spiderman.

2. Yeah.

3. Win for fx only.

4. Definetly.

It will be great, but the hardcore bashers will find something to pick apart because they enjoy being sarcastic jerks and complaining too much.

3. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    The first LockNazi that posts in this is lame.

4. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001

It is simply impossible.

Don't me wrongo, I share your excitement. And Ep2 will make a shi%load of money, but let's be realistic, it takes time to rack up those sorts of figures (like 2 months).

First things first, let's hope for the best opening weekend of all time! :D

5. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    I think it will do better than TPM.

6. Frank_Palpatine

Frank_Palpatine TFN Video Encoder • JC Icon Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 29, 2002
    * agrees with both of sdj's posts *

7. Darth_Lucas

Darth_Lucas Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2001
    It's going to knock TPM out of it's place, but it won't be the most successful movie of all time.

8. DarthPresley

DarthPresley Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    I've seen it on VCD...it sucks.

9. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Nice try. It won't even be on VCD for a few more weeks. I am privy to the underground.

10. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Yes it sucked because what you really downloaded was Crossroads.

11. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    LMMFAO @ sdj

12. DarthPolonious

DarthPolonious Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002

Even if this movie DOES become the higest grosser of all time, I also don't think this is even possible.

Yep!

3. it will win the academy award for best picture, soundtrack, art design, special effects and screenplay.

If ATOC wins the Oscar for best picture I will literally poop in my pants! Remember, by then LOTR 2 will be out! The Oscars loved part one and they will probably give it to them this year.

Hell Im gonna see it more than once opening day!

13. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    LMAO .........he was wondering why anakin was a girl not yet a woman

14. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Ep-X is not underground. Thanks.

15. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
  16. El-Elyon

El-Elyon Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 27, 2002
    One of PhychoMantis' last prediction was that it will slam all records>>>

17. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Actually 400 million is possible due to the same opening date around the world. TPM didn't come out in Australia for like a week after it was out in the states.

It seems though that movies are starting to come out at the same date in Australia more often now. The Scorpion King did and so will AOTC. I hope Spiderman and TTT do as well.

18. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Best.Movie.Ever :) But it will gross no where near what TPM did, not by a long shot.

19. BrendanWOR

BrendanWOR Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2002
    It won't gross anywhere near as much as TPM on opening weekend, simply due to the sheer 20 year hype of TPM.

20. w_sasso_mdtv

w_sasso_mdtv Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2002

I really cannot see that happening. $200-$250 million at the most.

No doubts there. I was at Toys R Us today and there were a ton of kids making their parents buy them Star Wars toys. There were a few adults buying them for themselves as well.

Best picture? Not likely. Even if it's that good, the Academy always tends to overlook fantasy films, save for A NEW HOPE, and THE LORD OF THE RINGS. Both were nominated for best picture, but only gathered technical awards.

True Dat!! lol. I never thought I would utter those awful words. Society today...*sighs* But yeah. I'm reading the novel right now, and it's fantastic. I'll also have a better understanding of the movie when I see it, and I'll enjoy it all the more. I'll probably see it at least twice on opening day. And 2 or 3 more times before the weekend is over with.

21. jiabaoyu

jiabaoyu Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 2000
    I don't think we need to really worry about AOTC boxoffice potential...it's star wars. :)

But if AOTC is as good as people say it is (reviewers and people who've read the book)I'm willing to wager that AOTC will break into the top ten at least. As for surpassing TPM...that's hard to say. If it generates good buzz, it just might, but star wars sequels don't usually make more then their predecessors.

As for toys---well, off course kids are going to buy the toys!! How silly to think otherwise. :) One of my friends mentioned to me that while toys from other big blockbuster movies come and go, star wars toys are forever. I have to agree, yes, Hasbro was overblown in their expectations, but star wars toys have a longevity and staying power beyond most other films, summer blockbluster or not.

As for oscars, even if Hayden Christiansen manages to pull off a stunning emotional performance that would put Jack Nicholsen to shame, star wars will NOT win an oscar in the best picture category. The Academy consists of alot of old hollywood types that take a dim view of sci-fi/fantasy genre films, and will NOT reward a sci-fi/fantansy film, no matter how good, an oscar for best picture.

As for multiple viewings...hey, its star wars! Even by general star wars friends have plans to see it at least twice! :D

22. Ree Yees

Ree Yees Jedi Youngling star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    [face_laugh]

400 million in two weeks? That's impossible! And don't come with any Yodarguments.

OK, 'Star Wars' might be the most popular movie franchise ever, but 'Attack of the Clones' *is* a sequel.

'Empire' and 'Jedi' never came close to the original in terms of box office.

And 'TPM' isn't exactly a popular film (*not* in terms of box office); a lot of non-SW fans didn't like 'TPM', and the 'Forbidden Love' trailer wasn't exactly fueling their hearts either, so there is no chance in Arullu 'Attack of the Clones' will make that much money.

23. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    Greatest film of all time? Nah.

But it does have a chance of besting ESB, IMHO. That's right . . I think it will be THAT good.

-Otis

24. idex

idex Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    plus it will win The Academy Award for Movie Score like it did for Ep 4,5 and I think 6

25. QuiGonJinn84

QuiGonJinn84 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 20, 1999
    No, it only won best score for Episode IV. ESB and ROTJ were nominated but they didnt win.

All I can say is anybody who predicts AotC to be the greatest movie of all time is setting themselves up for a major dissapointment.

The movie's coming, let it be what it is, instead of trying to make it something it can't or won't be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.