main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I predict "attack of the clones" will be the greatest movie of all time.!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by homeless_jedi, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HBMC_Kloon

HBMC_Kloon Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    REE YEES:

"And 'TPM' isn't exactly a popular film (*not* in terms of box office); a lot of non-SW fans didn't like 'TPM'"

Either you have a twisted sense of logic or really like self-defeating statements.

A movie that "a lot of non-SW fans [don't] like" cannot be such a huge sucess. Hype didn't make the movie sucessful. We've seen hyped films making huge amounts of money in the first week or sometimes even two weeks, but they die after that as word of mouth gets around that they suck.

If TPM was as unpopular to "non-SW fans" then it would've died in week 3 or 4 (factor in SW fans seeing it over and over again).

What YOU need to realise is that TPM was not popular with critics, and SW fans who think that they're movie should be made, not Lucas'.

Most people who aren't SW fans saw the movie and went "Cool! That was fun!" and it was. Saying that it made heaps of money and then saying that it was not popular is so unbelievably dumb that I think I'll end this post now*

BYE

*actually, I just can't think of anything more to say!!! :D

2. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    The movie's coming, let it be what it is, instead of trying to make it something it can't or won't be.

You mean wont be to you, your taste isnt the same as everyone. I happen to think that AOTC will be my favourite film, of all time, I dont think you can tell me it cant be or isnt.

3. HBMC_Kloon

HBMC_Kloon Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    I agree with Slave2.

For the first time in my life I'm actually thinking that this film may, just may, topple Jurassic Park as my fav movie and I've been a JP fan since I was 9 years old. I'm 18 now.

I'm not making any statements of the movie, and I'm basing everything on the book. It cirtainly isn't my fav book, but the book, so far, is the best SW movie to date (I know that doesn't make much sense but bare with me).

If I see it more than 4 times you'll know I enjoyed it.

BYE

4. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Not THE greatest movie of all times, but definitely in the top 20.

1. the movie will make more than 400 million in two weeks.

A bit overestimated figure, don't you think? Sure, AOTC will make LOAD of money, but we must be realistic.

2. children will rush to the stores to buy the toys.

Aren't they already? ;)

3. it will win the academy award for best picture, soundtrack, art design, special effects and screenplay.

Not likely. Come on, we know the Academy. I say AOTC will get nominations for best Visual Effects, Sound, Sound Effects Editing, Costumes, Art Design, and hopefully Music. And hopefully it will win at least two of them.

4. people will go see it more than once.

Duh, of course they will! It's a freaking Star Wars movie! ;) :D

5. doubleofive

doubleofive Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2002
    *sigh*

in our dreams, homeless. in our dreams.

6. Ulic_Qel_Droma

Ulic_Qel_Droma Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2002
    400 million in two weeks, nah not that I wouldnt want to be proved wrong. as for the oscars they just plain suck. We all know this movie is oscar worthy in quite a few catogory's. Unfourtunatly we don't pick who wins and who dont a bunch af artsy pretentious shirts decide.....ITS A GOD DAMM INJUSTICE ARRRGGHHH

*runs off screaming*

7. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Saying things like that explain why you're a homeless jedi. I would kick you out my house in a second.

8. super_darth_destroyr

super_darth_destroyr Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2002
    Wouldn't it be great to have Hayden up for best supporting actor? Assuming he acts as well as he did for Life as a House, and takes his performance to Star Wars, its a possibility.

9. JediKnight3

JediKnight3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    I was just thinking that, SDD. Or Sam Jackson. And I bet AOTC will get nominated for Best Picture at least. Who knows? Maybe it will win.

10. smauldookie

smauldookie Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    i pity the fool who doesn't think that AOTC will be the best SW movie of all time.

why 'cause YODA is kicking ass in it. that tops all previous SW movies.

11. JBFett

JBFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Best film ever....If it tops ESB then it is in my books...because ESB is my all time baby.

I wont address your 400 mil comment due to the fact that it was a)prob a joke and gross exaduration b)if it wasnt, may god have mercy on your soul.

the Toys will do well....as they always have.

Oscar wise...I will say it again: The Academy detests lucas..they really do. They would not give it up to him for anything. They robbed him with TPM and they will for AOTC. They will throw out 3 nods like TPM got (which i think deserved more technically) and they will lose in all categories to either TTT (shivers) or Spider man (which has far inferior effects IMO).

ILM's only chance of victory is with other film, as is williams and the rest of the crew and cast. Its the way it will always be.

12. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Ep-X is not underground. - G-S

Just to clarify and re-state what I meant, I was referencing the VCD topic. Episode-X is an outstanding site. And I will agree they were the source for the script. I don't mean to take anything away from them. I am just talking about the availability of the Ep2 VCD.

G-S

13. Kelyne

Kelyne Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 1999
    I am really not sure how clones will do at the box office. It does not have the over-hype of menace, but if its as good as people are saying, word of mouth will give it great box office numbers. I also agree with the writer of the Time magazine article, clones will have much broader appeal. As far as toys go the Phantom Menace did not reach into childrens hearts like the original trilogy did for my generation, mainly because they were not that great. Now the toys for Attack of the Clones are incredible and less of them around (which just creates more demand). Side note: My son and I waited in line at Toysrus and he was one to two kids in line, the rest were adults. Hopefully next time around most of the people in line will be adults and kids.

14. darthdoug

darthdoug Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2001
    Well, IMHO, The Godfather is the best of all time. However, I think Star Wars is much more enjoyable (the Yankees are the best baseball team in history but I'm still a Cleveland Indians fan). I really don't like ranking the Star Wars movies, simply because I see them as one movie on six tapes. It'll make a hell of a lot money, it will be fun to watch, and critics be damned.

15. super_darth_destroyr

super_darth_destroyr Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2002
  16. Kelyne

May 25, 1999
    GO ATHLETICS!!!!!

17. JorgSacul

JorgSacul Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2002
    Hehe, I agree with you, except for the Best Picture thing. No chance. I don't know why not, it just doesn't seem like a Star Wars movie could get best picture.

EDIT: It's not that I don't think it'll be good enough, it just won't get it. Of course it'll be good enough.

18. marvelfett11

marvelfett11 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    Actually, because of the "One World" release it may well have the best opening two weeks in history. Remember TPM had only the U.S. and maybe a few other places during it's first two weeks.

19. Kelyne

May 25, 1999
    A new hope had the best chance of winning best picture and probably should have. It's just a fact that Hollywood does not reward fantasy flicks and George is not exactly hollywoods poster boy. Attack of the clones could be the most incredible movie of all time and most likely it would come away with best sound, effects and score oscars.

20. marvelfett11

marvelfett11 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    "Hollywood does not reward fantasy flicks"

Lord of the Rings seemed to do O.K. for itself.

21. Kelyne

May 25, 1999
    Your right and so did A new hope, but it did not get the big prize. Lord of the rings should have won best picture, just based on the scope of the picture, not to mention it was well acted, directed and written. Top it off with the most analized material (along with Star Wars) and you have one tough picture to pull off and he did it. Just my opinion.

22. Charlie_Martel

Charlie_Martel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2001
    Holywoodie just doesn't like Lucas, simple as that. Lucas is the poster boy for being anti-Holywoodie :D

23. JBFett

JBFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Charlie,
    I couldnt have said it better myself.

AOTC shoud have at least 4 locks (VFX, SFX, S Editing, Art Direction) but wont get rewarded due to hollywood's distaste for lucas. In my opinion oscars mean nothing but still it helps boost the movie for those who see oscars as the ends meat.

24. ShiftyJedi

ShiftyJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    No matter how good AOTC is it will not receive a best picture nomination or any actor/actress, supporting...etc. they will get a ton of technical nommies. Here's the bill on the Oscars they just lost all creditability by being PC giving award to African-Americans DW and HB just to make up the past fifty years of oppression. Their like the Catholic Church. As for best picture Iris and Moster Balls got nominated and Memento and Shrek didn't. Shrek was revolutionary, nothing had been done like it before, it was popular with 90% of all people and critics alike, and wasn't artsy. Sorry LOTR fans but it deserved the Best Picture of the Year Award. Let's face it unless AOTC finds itself in the one and only slot reserved for an non-drama for Best Picture it never really has a chance. I think E! (since they think they are revolutionary) should run a poll at the end of the year asking people who should get the only nomination that is not drama for Best Movie of the Year for the Oscars.

25. Obi-Wan711

Obi-Wan711 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2002
    I think ATOC will outgross TPM. First off, because the people who weren't previosly Star Wars fans were not dissappointed in TPM and infact most liked it. It's mostly the serious fans who were let down by it. Also, even being the huge fan I am, I had no desire to see TPM again and again at the theatre. I only saw it once. If ATOC is as good as I think it will be, I'll go see it three times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.